Restaurants

Old May 22nd 2018, 5:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The GC restaurant is closed and gone it has reverted to the original layout with sofas and Tv’s and the bar serves bar meals/snacks. However the club room is very much for golfers and the aftermatch meal is served on tables laid in there. There is no chef/cook just Anna preping the bar food between drinks service.
HI John

With respect, this is not a glowing recommendation, especially after all the recent posts of the food quality of the GC most of which are negative. Ana (not a chef to my knowledge) rushing between bar service and making snacks to that huge area doesnt sound very effective - especially if there is even a small crowd in!

Lets see how all this pans out with the rumours of the sale of the GC. I cant say I am excited about this.

Good news about 19H and the new fusion resto though - definitely, overall a good improvement coming soon (by all accounts) -

Jon
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Not sure the Hoya 19 is good news I’ll give it a year at most. There were better offers that were rejected in my view on racist grounds.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
HI John

With respect, this is not a glowing recommendation, especially after all the recent posts of the food quality of the GC most of which are negative. Ana (not a chef to my knowledge) rushing between bar service and making snacks to that huge area doesnt sound very effective - especially if there is even a small crowd in!

Lets see how all this pans out with the rumours of the sale of the GC. I cant say I am excited about this.

Good news about 19H and the new fusion resto though - definitely, overall a good improvement coming soon (by all accounts) -

Jon
I did not suggest that it is a high end resto just that it is open, more like a sports bar with several Tv’s and they serve bar snacks/meals that will suit some holidaymakers who come for 2 weeks and never leave Esuri. It will be in direct competition with Hoya 19 who’s proposal is very similar although I understand no contract has yet been signed with the new people who have moved into a house just below you.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure the Hoya 19 is good news I’ll give it a year at most. There were better offers that were rejected in my view on racist grounds.
Lets agree to disagree ..... even a year of having the possibility to eat or drink on that lovely terrace is positive. As is having more choices. With a Spanish bias too perhaps.I hope so - but will await the menu.

I will take a cautionary and contrary response to your comments however: Remember there are (at least) 2 sides to the story and a majority had to vote between the choices they had. Its not possible that the majority of the villa owners are racist - not at all.

I think that words like 'racist' are extremely hurtful. We tend to over exaggerate e.g 'that guy is a nazi', 'I'm starving' etc. etc

Even on this wider forum Brexiteers were all branded as racists, on several occasions. IMO this was contrary to the site rules, and potentially very hurtful. But the posts weren't deleted.

Anyway looking forward to our next LLL!!

Jon
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:41 am
BE Positive

I did not suggest that it is a high end resto just that it is open, more like a sports bar with several Tv’s and they serve bar snacks/meals that will suit some holidaymakers who come for 2 weeks and never leave Esuri. It will be in direct competition with Hoya 19 who’s proposal is very similar although I understand no contract has yet been signed with the new people who have moved into a house just below you.
Hi John

Gosh we arent agreeing on this one. I knew it was a snack bar service, mentioned it in the earlier post on this thread. I never implied it was going to even be a resto, let alone high end. On the other thread the changes in the GC were well discussed.

However I still feel that having Ana do both drinks service and snacks could be a 'recipe' for a disaster (pun intended ). Get a few people in with a service on the terrace and the large internal areas, and I see people having to wait... and possibly get annoyed. The snacks were criticised when there was a chef there, I dont know if Ana is a chef or not. For years now we never run a tab, always pay our rounds immediately. There are some big inefficiencies in the process and arguing the bill is no fun. I dont see how this process with Ana will do anything positive.... quite the opposite. But lets live in hope!

Jon
Old May 22nd 2018, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Lets agree to disagree ..... even a year of having the possibility to eat or drink on that lovely terrace is positive. As is having more choices. With a Spanish bias too perhaps.I hope so - but will await the menu.

I will take a cautionary and contrary response to your comments however: Remember there are (at least) 2 sides to the story and a majority had to vote between the choices they had. Its not possible that the majority of the villa owners are racist - not at all.

I think that words like 'racist' are extremely hurtful. We tend to over exaggerate e.g 'that guy is a nazi', 'I'm starving' etc. etc

Even on this wider forum Brexiteers were all branded as racists, on several occasions. IMO this was contrary to the site rules, and potentially very hurtful. But the posts weren't deleted.

Anyway looking forward to our next LLL!!

Jon
you will be aware of the old adage for lodgings “no coloureds, no dogs, no Irish” an email campaign along those lines was mounted and a suspicious no of proxies were used at the meeting which I know you dislike. But it is what it is and if a contract is signed we will get what the community voted for and we shall have to suck it and see.
I am obviously getting different reports on the bar snacks to you, they’d really supposedly tasty and very adequate portions. That is mostly from golfers who after 18 holes might be hungry enough to eat a scabby dog
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

That just goes to show you should be careful as to who you listen to and what you believe as that was definitely NOT the case. There are some very unpleasant and bitter people in all walks of life and who spread very malicious gossip, and it appears you have been subjected to it. As has been said about your comment, there are two sides to every story, but I can assure you that you have received the incorrect one John
Old May 22nd 2018, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

you will be aware of the old adage for lodgings “no coloureds, no dogs, no Irish” an email campaign along those lines was mounted and a suspicious no of proxies were used at the meeting which I know you dislike. But it is what it is and if a contract is signed we will get what the community voted for and we shall have to suck it and see.
I am obviously getting different reports on the bar snacks to you, they’d really supposedly tasty and very adequate portions. That is mostly from golfers who after 18 holes might be hungry enough to eat a scabby dog
Again John, you have been told some very dodgy and incorrect information. I would certainly review your 'sources' of information, I can guarantee you that nothing of the sort 'along those lines' was mounted and every single proxy was checked and was correct.
Old May 22nd 2018, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Stevie d is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sad indeed ,if from what I heard was a very strong bid for hoyo 19 was not given a fair chance due to the fact he wasn’t local. I have a feeling it may be a decision which will be regretted as the deadline which I understand was a critical factor now seems unlikely.
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by neil77
That just goes to show you should be careful as to who you listen to and what you believe as that was definitely NOT the case. There are some very unpleasant and bitter people in all walks of life and who spread very malicious gossip, and it appears you have been subjected to it. As has been said about your comment, there are two sides to every story, but I can assure you that you have received the incorrect one John
I don’t just listen I check and I have seen the email. I also frequent Ayamonte most days and it is true to say the current restaurant is not well patronised. For years the question of proxies has raised ire in communities and the EUC and the characters involved keep reappearing. That’s all I have say on this.
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:20 am
BE Positive

19h is a big event for CE. So emotions and RUMOURS abound

Community meetings are often rowdy affairs. In fact not so long ago there was a punch up at one.

Proxy votes are fully legal if managed properly. I believe that these were properly counted - if that's what someone who lives there says on a public forum.

We get info and messages second hand, often from friends - unless, as in this case, we were villa owners voting. However I personally would not ''shoot the messenger' -a friend- but would discount any suggestion of ''racism" in a majority vote. My messenger-friend and I could never agree on this. Sounds like a sour loser to me to drop to this level. Some may say insulting - even.

I also hope there wasnt any attempt to nullify the proxy vote which went against some people who -basically- lost.

The key to this is how properly was the proxy process was managed. If no-one can counter the post above that says it was good then its the 'End of the story'

On a more general point:

I am not a fan of a block proxy indefinitely. Literally an AGM and EGM are either annual or rare occurrences. So in my view one has to give the proxy each time with my voting preferences for each point. My proxy is required to vote according to this even though s/he disagrees on any point. This is how we do it in our place in Belgium.

Lets See how this pans out, I hear there is an EGM coming soon. Anything can happen!!
​​​​​​

Jon
Old May 23rd 2018, 10:33 am
BE Positive

Hi John

I was referring to the discussion on the other thread. My impression was that the majority of comments were negative.

A good friend (regular CE golfer) with whom we both met a couple of weeks ago posted asking how difficult it is to do something like sausage and chips.

To be fair we also had esteemed ex permanent residents visiting who gave it a good recommendation.

The GC is expensive, so I would like to see good quality too for most of the time

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 23rd 2018 at 10:58 am.
Old May 24th 2018, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jon, hopefully you were meaning Mike & me when you referred to 'esteemed ex permanent residents' . If not If so, yes we had a very nice lunch there. 3 of us had tuna salad (which was huge) & Mike had the Angus Burger which looked and tasted delicious. It was served quite quickly but we were the only ones eating & they don't involve much cooking (just grilling a burger & frying an egg). Maybe the choice will be bigger in the Summer months, regards Bryony.

Last edited by MikeCol; May 24th 2018 at 9:09 am.
Old May 24th 2018, 11:54 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, hopefully you were meaning Mike & me when you referred to 'esteemed ex permanent residents' . If not If so, yes we had a very nice lunch there. 3 of us had tuna salad (which was huge) & Mike had the Angus Burger which looked and tasted delicious. It was served quite quickly but we were the only ones eating & they don't involve much cooking (just grilling a burger & frying an egg). Maybe the choice will be bigger in the Summer months, regards Bryony.
Hi Bryony

Of course I was referring to you both

With the experiences you have in CE+ surroundings, you know your onions (pun intended ) So your positive feedback of the GC added good balance to the food discussion.

Good to see you still popping up on the forum....
Jon
Old May 24th 2018, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

There were a few different candidates for running Hoyo19. The one who has been chosen has been selected in a totally legal way.
He will do bar, snack and restaurant. There will be sports on TV, both Spanish and English. I understood he will make a room with snooker, babyfoot and darts.
He will also re-open the swimming-pool, but a little bit later. There also will be a shop and bike renting.
Knowing the offer which is currently available in Costa Esuri, I think this is more than positive!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.