Restaurants

Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:07 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Would be good news if H19 is opening again. The shop to have a snack bar ? with proper coffee ? :-)
....and theres talk of a kiosko.

Also if we have a kiosko at the 'sports area' that would be great, but I think toilet facilities are really important there.

But choice seems to be increasing .....

Let's hope we will get a proper 'cuppa Java'.

Jon
Old Mar 15th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Keith

We've yet to go there. But this is what Ive been told after a few beers - so hope I remembered OK!

Thomas' place is called 'Elephant boozy'

Imagine you are in Laguna facing Pepe's Passage café. Walk down the pedestrian road that is about 10m to the left of Pepes, away from Laguna.

Keep walking in the Coronacion plaza direction and you'll find it...

Looking fwd to a Spanich brekkie there, but I may crumble and have a bacon sarnie from time to time, or a full English - which he does too!

Have fun
Jon
Hi, just a quick post to say that Tomas's bar/cafe is actually called 'Boozy The Elephant' & it has its own FB page, regards Bryony 🖖
Old Mar 16th 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, just a quick post to say that Tomas's bar/cafe is actually called 'Boozy The Elephant' & it has its own FB page, regards Bryony 🖖
Thomas also has a mural of an Elephant on the corner pillar now, so easier to spot.

With regards to the new Tapas bar by the ferry, the food is great. His signature fish is Prawns on screwers wrapped in noddles and lightly fried to perfection. We asked for these at lunch after a friend told us about them but he did tell us that they are reserved for evening meals so don't get carried away. Really nice couple, small but pleasant place to visit.

We also went to Quintapeina on the way out of Ayamonte by the petrol station. Excellent food, snacks, taps or mains plus set menu. I had lamb stew and it was so tender plus lots of it.

Things are definately looking up for choice and quality and its only March 👍

Must go, I am getting hungry (again).

Last edited by Uncle Buck; Mar 16th 2017 at 4:11 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

CE Golf club has been real busy with golfers, sometimes 30-40 in at a time for end of round drinks and food. Busiest we've seen it for a good few years. Good few locals in as well.

Still very quiet in the evenings but at least it is here when you want it and the food is pretty good now.

They are doing meat stew, a drink and desert for 10€ on a Monday and 2 for 1 meals on a Wednesday.

I know these guys aren't the best option to take over at the 19th Hole but at least it will give the place some stability and survive better when it is quiet. Let's hope they make a good go of it.

The shop is also very busy every night and glad they are starting to expand, as long as they do it slowly but surely.

Could be a good year for all...
Old Mar 16th 2017, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Restaurants

We really enjoyed the GC on the Wednesday eve because it was rammed and hence had a good atmosphere. Clearly the 2 for 1 lamb shank is a bargain at roughly 16.00 euros. Tuesday night this week was wet. I looked in the GC but it was empty hence decided for our last night to go back to the Vintage Bistro. VG again. We think the food at the GC is on the whole very acceptable, BUT whilst I would like to see the 19H re-opened I would rather it was not a Pizza Place. I just don't get Pizza !! it has to be the least interesting food going, but with the highest profit margin- if you can sell some. I heard a rumour from a guy on Vista esuri last week that the former husband of the sugar reef was after the 19H, but I've no idea who he might be. That's all a bit before my time here. I keep forgetting about the Monday get together at the shop. Must try harder in May !
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:40 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I must second the recommendation of the tapas bar by the ferry, went with a group, all agreed that it was fab, one of the best we've all had.

Going again tonight with some couples.

We've been three times to the new resto 'pao quente' in Sao Bartolomeu, on the back road from MF to Praia Verde (mentioned earlier). In the centre where the Punjab Palace 2 used to be. The attached bar on the side road is still there, accessible internally.

Complete menu 8euros. Clean, open kitchen, friendly service ... Good food. Standard Portuguese menu.

We noticed someone having a wonderful dish, a favourite Feijoada Javelli sp (wild boar bean stew). I kicked myself for not ordering it, but the very friendly server, Bruno, (speaks English) said it was made to order from an advanced order. He explained to us that they will make many dishes like this to ensure freshness. I suggested they have a page in the menu saying that, that I would gladly write in French/English... But it's not their way.

Anyway we got a group together and pre ordered a few days in advance, the Feijoada wild boar, delicious! At the end they offered us more. Free, but we were stuffed. 2 guests had other dishes. A delicious butterflied dorada and succulent pork steaks.

This is going to become a regular for us. They will do to advanced order many other dishes, other fejoidas, any fish dish, meats etc etc. (Just pop in, a day or 2 in advance and ask) All in everything included it was 15 eur/head for this selection 'a la carte'.

Previously the BH ordered a new dish for us both, carapaus alinados sp. Cooked cold mackerel with boiled potatoes with a fresh garlic & coriander topping. She said it was totally fresh (no fish smell) and one of the nicest fish dishes she has had. She had it again on our 2nd visit, as it was by chance again on the daily 8Eu menu.

Very happy with his find and a nice country drive to get there. After we went on a few minutes to P Verde and the wonderful Guarita bar on the cliff top, with great views.

All that with good friends, within 15 mins country drive....... BLISS.

Jon

Ps we were all pleased to see it quite busy mid week, and also they have events at times, like a Fado night this Friday

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 23rd 2017 at 8:11 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Just back from a visit to CE, and went to the new Chinese in Ayamonte town (the one just along from the big shoe shop on the corner), it was a very wet night, the restaurant was very quiet, but the food was excellent, portions bigger than your average, and staff were excellent - will definitely be back in there during our next visit.
Also, a big thumbs up to 'Ze de Tasca 2' , was a busy lunchtime, with great food, and very helpful/friendly staff. Do ask them to explain the "menu of the day", the lamb was superb.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
Just back from a visit to CE, and went to the new Chinese in Ayamonte town (the one just along from the big shoe shop on the corner), it was a very wet night, the restaurant was very quiet, but the food was excellent, portions bigger than your average, and staff were excellent - will definitely be back in there during our next visit.
Also, a big thumbs up to 'Ze de Tasca 2' , was a busy lunchtime, with great food, and very helpful/friendly staff. Do ask them to explain the "menu of the day", the lamb was superb.
Agree very much. So nice we went twice in one week. It's worth noting that the portions sizes are good and it's probably a good idea to share - although they did give us the remains in a takeaway box.
Additionally, I accidently left a bag behind hanging on the back of a chair. When I phoned they offered to deliver it to me! I actually drove back to get it but they were very helpful.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Agree very much. So nice we went twice in one week. It's worth noting that the portions sizes are good and it's probably a good idea to share - although they did give us the remains in a takeaway box.
Additionally, I accidently left a bag behind hanging on the back of a chair. When I phoned they offered to deliver it to me! I actually drove back to get it but they were very helpful.
really nice people and great place to eat, been four times now, try the Rice dish, number 22, more than enough for two people, and its lovely, normally get a Honey Beef dish to go with it, mmm starving now,

Ken.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
really nice people and great place to eat, been four times now, try the Rice dish, number 22, more than enough for two people, and its lovely, normally get a Honey Beef dish to go with it, mmm starving now,

Ken.
Do you mean the Ayamonte Chinese or Ze de Tasca 2?
Old Apr 7th 2017, 5:16 am
BE Positive

The old Limonero resto ex Gavin, is having a renovation to a new resto. No idea what it will be, but looking forward to checking it out when ready.

Jon
Old May 27th 2017, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
If you want good food give Restaurante A Chamin� in Altura a visit it has many Michelin recommendations.

Whilst I was particularly intrigued by their presentation of gazpacho they also do a wide variety of excellent food

Closed Tuesdays
Just thought I would copy Fred's post to the resto thread.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 2:00 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
The food is lovely as well - we ate in there at Easter when we were over :-) xxxxx
Old Jun 9th 2017, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Ken.
Found a new Indian restaurant in Vila Real,
The Taj Mahal.
Go past the square coming up from the ferry and it's about the, 4? Street on your left. Great food reall nice clean place and priced very competitive.

Been twice now and took different friends all loved it.
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-img_8714.jpg   Restaurants-img_8715.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Fred R will become famous soon enough

Found a new Indian restaurant in Vila Real,
The Taj Mahal.
Go past the square coming up from the ferry and it's about the, 4? Street on your left. Great food reall nice clean place and priced very competitive.

Been twice now and took different friends all loved it.
It's in the street opposite the Post Office.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.