Restaurants

Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurants

We went to Tavira on Tuesday intending to have lunch at Las Tres Palmeras. It is always busy there so we were very surprised to find it not only closed but up for sale. We will miss going there.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 1:42 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Luis is having a Indonesian night on 14 October (but it may be 13th - I've had a brain freeze!). 13.50 Eur a head, in his resto in MF.

Based on previous feedback its best to pre-book your table, so call on 12th (to be sure)

+ 351 966 170 381

Jon
Old Oct 8th 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard today that O tapas in M-Gordo has resumed its low-season €10 menu. Prices rise to €15 in high season.

Brilliant value all included with e.g wine. The best price in the area IMO... And nice bread rolls too.

Jon

PS parking is metered all over MG in high season, from this summer, but now in low season is free. Beware as one can get into the habit of free parking in low season
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:24 am
BE Positive

There is a new Chinese resto opening by month end. So we will have a replacement for James' resto that closed a while back.

Its on Coronacion plaza next door to the big shoe shop on the corner. Just walk a few yards towards the indoor market. Its just before the 'butcher-resto' where you choose you meat and they cook it for you.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 13th 2016 at 11:30 am.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:03 pm
BE Positive

We tried the new Chinese on opening day.

A few expected teething problems (pun intended)... but I think it was a good deal. We met other friends there who also rated it.

Menu 7.50 with drink and choices. Starter, main, desert. The only thing there is a choice of rice/noodles as a second course, and a main. We will from now on ask for the noodles to be presented at the same time as the main.

Tasty and good value.

I went for the peking duck, and enjoyed it. 12:50eur I also forgot how nice it was to sit in the street there. I wouldn't do it on a Saturday, too many passers-by, but it maybe is the nicest outside place (or one of the nicest places) (IMO) to enjoy a meal in the shade... surrounded by the older buildings.

Happy eats
Jon
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jon, hope they can make a go of it. Must say we never ate at the old one whilst we lived there as we just loved going out for fish or pork (I quite often cook Chinese at home). However, if you are there for a short time & eating out most days it's good to have other choices.

We like the place next door that does all the BBQ, went there with Spanish friends late one Sunday evening & needed doggie bags as there was so much meat.

BTW did you read my previous post #1188 re the new Chinese in Loule, my friend Yin rates it highly & loves the Dim Sum.

Last edited by MikeCol; Oct 30th 2016 at 12:25 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We tried the new Chinese on opening day.

A few expected teething problems (pun intended)... but I think it was a good deal. We met other friends there who also rated it.

Menu 7.50 with drink and choices. Starter, main, desert. The only thing there is a choice of rice/noodles as a second course, and a main. We will from now on ask for the noodles to be presented at the same time as the main.

Tasty and good value.

I went for the peking duck, and enjoyed it. 12:50eur I also forgot how nice it was to sit in the street there. I wouldn't do it on a Saturday, too many passers-by, but it maybe is the nicest outside place (or one of the nicest places) (IMO) to enjoy a meal in the shade... surrounded by the older buildings.

Happy eats
Jon

Drool Drool
Old Oct 31st 2016, 8:56 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, hope they can make a go of it. Must say we never ate at the old one whilst we lived there as we just loved going out for fish or pork (I quite often cook Chinese at home). However, if you are there for a short time & eating out most days it's good to have other choices.

We like the place next door that does all the BBQ, went there with Spanish friends late one Sunday evening & needed doggie bags as there was so much meat.

BTW did you read my previous post #1188 re the new Chinese in Loule, my friend Yin rates it highly & loves the Dim Sum.
I remembered the post, and if Yin likes it, it has to be good! But we haven't been that way for ages.

A group of us ate at Pino Grande yesterday. All you can eat fish €9.50 or all you can eat mixed meat grill €8.50 we all went for the fish - totally fresh and delicious with a free starter of bread, salad and bacalao a bras. After they let us take a table outside to have drinks in the shade. With Tres Palmeras shut this is a great option... closer and the meat option is good for non fish eaters. Litre of quaffable wine (or beer) €5. Deserts €2.

Sunday's are buzzing with the all Spanish crowd having fun. Ive recommended it before & thanks to Bill & Claire for the original lead.

CARRETERA N431, KM 127 ISLA CRISTINA

Carry on past the Isla Christina turn off about 200 m on the right ( from the Ayamonte direction towards Lepe.) Look out for the big pine tree that the resto is named after.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 31st 2016 at 9:27 am.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Tomas , who worked in Laguna Cafe, has opened his own place, The Boozy Elephant in Calle Lusitania (former Baluarte Cafe). Good atmosphere, English breakfast and snacks and a nice range of Spanish tapas. There is also a good mix of Spanish/Expats clientele.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
Tomas , who worked in Laguna Cafe, has opened his own place, The Boozy Elephant in Calle Lusitania (former Baluarte Cafe). Good atmosphere, English breakfast and snacks and a nice range of Spanish tapas. There is also a good mix of Spanish/Expats clientele.
Been here a few times now, and must agree nice friendly place indoors and outdoor seating good selection of Tapas.

We had the Vindaloo and Madras curry last night both excellent really great taste and with a kick as curry should be.

Good luck Tomas,πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Tomas is such a nice guy and very customer focussed, so really hope this is a success for him. Will definitely visit next time we are there.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Coming down at the end of Feb so it will be our 1st port of call as we miss Tomas 😊

P.S. you can also 'like' his new place on it's FB page

Last edited by MikeCol; Jan 15th 2017 at 8:15 am.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Been here a few times now, and must agree nice friendly place indoors and outdoor seating good selection of Tapas.

We had the Vindaloo and Madras curry last night both excellent really great taste and with a kick as curry should be.

Good luck Tomas,πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Tomas does Vindaloo and Madras ? not that I want it but never saw them on the menu, maybe in the evenings ? I don't go out alone in the evenings scared in the dark ( or something like that :-))
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Tried Luca's bar in Ayamonte last week, food was lovely and a great waiter.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Tomas does Vindaloo and Madras ? not that I want it but never saw them on the menu, maybe in the evenings ? I don't go out alone in the evenings scared in the dark ( or something like that :-))
If you know Tomas well that should not be a surprise, he likes really hot curry 😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.