Restaurants

Old Mar 2nd 2016, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Is it the place with the pieces of glass in the floor. Showing the old storage pots
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by guesswork
Is it the place with the pieces of glass in the floor. Showing the old storage pots
Yes that's the one apparently the cellar contains a part of the old city wall and it is now full of wine in bottles of course. However the decor is all in keeping and for a small bar it looks very good. Tables for about 12 at the inside with about another dozen along the bar. HID tells me the loo's were spotless as a bonus.
Old May 11th 2016, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know whether any of you have been to this Restaurant but it has been recommended by a Chinese friend who lives in Cabanas. It is in Loulé and is called Zen Chafariz and it does excellent dim sum, amongst other dishes. Regards Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; May 11th 2016 at 3:11 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Yes that's the one apparently the cellar contains a part of the old city wall and it is now full of wine in bottles of course. However the decor is all in keeping and for a small bar it looks very good. Tables for about 12 at the inside with about another dozen along the bar. HID tells me the loo's were spotless as a bonus.
It has now closed down
Old May 18th 2016, 7:15 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Any news about 19H.. is it up and running please?

Jon
Old May 18th 2016, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Jon
Hi Jon, it is going great guns. You need to get on FB then you will see all the photo's of food and upcoming events. Regards Bryony
Old May 18th 2016, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Jon
Yes but it has not gone very far! Jackie and separately Saxy Bongo have held several events there this year with great success. Manolo posts a new Menu del Dia on Facebook every day but generally to late for us since it only appears at about 2.30ish and we have left by then. We often divert past on our way out of Esuri at about 13.00 but it always appears closed then. The GC are still doing 2 for 1 on Wednesdays cheapest meal free. They now have an extensive snack, main meal and Indian menu. Solar Panels still does the bargin of a lifetime in Salmon on Saturday but may have dropped soup now that summer is here. Cacadores is reliable as ever and Luis for Sunday lunch. Got a couple of specials further afield to go to and there is suckling pig to be given a try. So come on down and double your weight!
Old May 18th 2016, 7:43 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, it is going great guns. You need to get on FB then you will see all the photo's of food and upcoming events. Regards Bryony
Thanks Bryony, I hadn't heard for a while and I got jittery. Good that its up and running.

As for facebook... gosh that's all new-fangled malarkey, and I haven't used it nor twitter etc.

Thanks, the dinosaur!

(Jon)
Old May 18th 2016, 7:46 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Yes but it has not gone very far! Jackie and separately Saxy Bongo have held several events there this year with great success. Manolo posts a new Menu del Dia on Facebook every day but generally to late for us since it only appears at about 2.30ish and we have left by then. We often divert past on our way out of Esuri at about 13.00 but it always appears closed then. The GC are still doing 2 for 1 on Wednesdays cheapest meal free. They now have an extensive snack, main meal and Indian menu. Solar Panels still does the bargin of a lifetime in Salmon on Saturday but may have dropped soup now that summer is here. Cacadores is reliable as ever and Luis for Sunday lunch. Got a couple of specials further afield to go to and there is suckling pig to be given a try. So come on down and double your weight!
When I saw on the other thread that there was a beached whale, I thought someone had taken a photo of me on the beach. Doubling the weight may not be what the doc ordered.

Not making light of the whale itself, which is always a very sad story.

Good to hear that 19H is working most of the time and the GC have really stepped up to the mark... and thanks of reminding me of the huge number of options we have around us. We will certainly try those with you both and the suckling pig resto, as I mentioned previously is top of the list of places to go... as well as the Bulgarian tapas bar

Thanks
Jon
Old May 18th 2016, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Bryony, I hadn't heard for a while and I got jittery. Good that its up and running.

As for facebook... gosh that's all new-fangled malarkey, and I haven't used it nor twitter etc.

Thanks, the dinosaur!

(Jon)
Oh dear, never mind. I guess us old 'silver surfers' will have to carry on without you 📱😉
Old May 18th 2016, 12:53 pm
BE Positive

Oh dear, never mind. I guess us old 'silver surfers' will have to carry on without you � ����� ����
Good for you, Bryony, carry on....

I'm happy to be a dinosaur and don't need it all, personally, and do fine 'socially' - without all that 'social' media. But great for you that you like and use it...

Have fun and hope to see you both soon...

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 18th 2016 at 12:56 pm.
Old May 18th 2016, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi Bryony, I'm on FB but can't find him. I tried Hoya 19 but just found one post going back to 2014??
Regards
Andy
Old May 19th 2016, 7:12 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Bryony, I'm on FB but can't find him. I tried Hoya 19 but just found one post going back to 2014??
Regards
Andy
If its possible to just send a link to the FB page, then I/we could save that and just click on it to see the menu and other activities, without joining FB or signing in etc. (If that's possible - don't know for sure).

Thanks
Jon
Old May 19th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AndyS
Regards
Andy
Hi Andy, it's Hoya 19 Hole. Regards Bryony
Old May 19th 2016, 8:13 am
BE Positive

Hi Andy, it's Hoya 19 Hole. Regards Bryony
Thanks I just googled that and facebook and I cant see the page without a facebook account that I have to sign in to. Even though I guess that it is somehow a 'public' page, open to all.

For anyone interested as to why please read the diatribe below - otherwise delete

Jon

Permission denied
Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment. We have implemented additional security features that require you to log in to Facebook to view this page from Belgium

Why did my experience on Facebook change in Belgium?

Keeping your account secure is extremely important to us. Over the years we've developed a number of sophisticated security tools that help protect your account without interrupting your experience on Facebook.

Because of demands made by the Belgian Privacy Commission, we recently had to limit our use of one important security tool, the datr cookie. Please read on to learn how this tool works and why we're no longer showing public Facebook pages and other content in Belgium to people who don't have Facebook accounts.

What is the datr cookie and how does it help keep Facebook secure?

This cookie is a security tool we've used for more than 5 years around the world to help us tell the difference between legitimate visits to Facebook by real people and illegitimate ones (by spammers, hackers trying to access other people's accounts, or other bad actors).

This cookie can help us secure Facebook by providing statistical information about a web browser's activities, such as the volume and frequency of requests. Our security systems analyze this browser data to help us tell the difference between regular people logging into their accounts and potential attackers.

For example, if the datr cookie shows that a browser has been visiting multiple pages on Facebook in a very short time frame, it's probably being used by an automated computer program called a “bot” to do something improper like steal people's content. If the datr cookie shows normal patterns of visiting sites over multiple days, our systems understand that the browser is being used by a regular person who should be able to access Facebook normally.

The cookie helps us maintain the security of the site in a number of other ways. For example, we use it to:

◾Prevent hackers from creating fake accounts that can be used to send you spam.

◾Reduce the risk that your account could be taken over by someone else.

◾Protect your photos, posts and other content from being stolen.

◾Stop technical attacks that could make our site inaccessible to you and others—and help prevent future attacks.

◾Help you log in faster so you can get to the people, photos and messages you care about—without putting your info at risk.

For people who do not have Facebook accounts, we log and retain the information from the datr cookie that we receive from other sites for only 10 days. Those 10 days give our systems enough time to analyze the data and help guard against the harmful actions described above.

Almost all sites use cookies. For example, all of the top 25 Belgian websites use cookies when people visit. These websites use cookies for analytics and many other reasons. A majority of these websites do not tell people about their cookies practices through clear notices at the top of their screens. Facebook does provide this type of notice, and we also explain how we use cookies (like datr) for security purposes in our cookie policy.

The Belgian Privacy Commission, however, has required that we stop using the datr cookie when people without Facebook accounts in Belgium interact with Facebook. In the absence of this tool, we have to treat any visit to our service from an unrecognized browser in Belgium as potentially dangerous and take additional steps to help keep you and other people secure on Facebook. To protect people’s accounts and our service, we also need to require people without Facebook accounts to log in to see content on public pages and other content that is available to everyone else on the Internet outside of Belgium (where we are able to use the cookie).

We recognize that these measures unfortunately may limit and interrupt your experience on Facebook. Thanks for helping us continue to provide a secure Facebook experience for our Belgian community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.