Restaurants

Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Festa da Cataplana – CastroM and Altura

No we are talking! Deeeeeee- li – shus! From 15 to 30 June participating restos in CastroM and Altura are doing this (using Salt from CM). Pick up a leaflet from a participating resto (like Ze da Tasca 2) or the tourist board and get a coupon for 10% discount.

Details Município de Castro Marim :: uma Terra com História or facebook => municipio.castromarim.

Will be trying to rustle up a group to try it.. hint hint

Jon
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:10 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
O'Tapas in Monte Gordo...O'Wow !!
Great food and great prices. 5 of us had the tourist menu, good choice of dishes and includes 3 courses plus beer or wine and a few extra dishes thrown in to share. Even with some extra drinks still only cost €50 for the lot of us. The place was packed inside and out so get their early if you want to done outside. Strangely enough they don't do Tapas, just great food!
Easily the best price/quality in the area - and great to go with a group as its such a good buzz. Will be back soon!

If you are lucky you can get the little clams as a starter, that you see the 'fishermen' raking up along the beach. W Garlic butter and lemon.... wow! You can pay 10Eur just for them in some places!! (Although the portion would be a bit bigger)

Dont know how they do it!!

Jon

PS we prefer inside any time of the year... but that's just personal choice

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 13th 2014 at 2:21 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:27 pm
BE Positive

Default Re: Festa da Cataplana – CastroM and Altura

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
No we are talking! Deeeeeee- li – shus! From 15 to 30 June participating restos in CastroM and Altura are doing this (using Salt from CM). Pick up a leaflet from a participating resto (like Ze da Tasca 2) or the tourist board and get a coupon for 10% discount.

Details Município de Castro Marim :: uma Terra com História or facebook => municipio.castromarim.

Will be trying to rustle up a group to try it.. hint hint

Jon
List of restos for the festa... also handy maybe as a list of restos to try for other stuff... Ive cut'n'pasted it into my list before it gets deleted

http://www.cm-castromarim.pt/site/im...tCataplana.pdf

Hmmm I just learned something.... I thought Cataplana was just fish.. but there is a porco and cabrito as well.

Jon

PS the restos are all in Altura except.. Lote D – Praia Verde | 8950 Praia Verde. Hmmm that's a new name. I'm guessing its the beach resto on PV.... under new management..... but hoping its another new one there.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 16th 2014 at 2:34 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

polvo = octopus (Remember the last World Cup with Paul the octopus?)
tamboril = monkfish
bacalhau = cod
lombinho de porco = pork tenderloin
cabrito = goat
marisco = shellfish

Yum, which one to choose?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the pork and clams cataplana but never see one portion ones always 2 or more and I could not eat that much of it.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Football will be on in Hole 19...............
Do you know if they have wi-fi there, as they do at the shop?
Old Jun 17th 2014, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyS
Do you know if they have wi-fi there, as they do at the shop?

Yes there is.

Kath
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:19 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Cataplana is the dish it is cooked in , the secret with any cataplana dish is the molho and not overcooking the fish or shellfish ( as I have been known to do ).
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Cataplana Festival in Altura from 15 June to 30 in participating Restaurants

I dont know the details just seen some billboards in Villa Real this morning
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:22 pm
BE Positive

Default Praia Verde

We checked out Praia Verde today (PV).

The beach resto Pezinhos d'areia (sp) is still there. The snack bar to the right also. To the right of the O infante2/panoramico is a wonderful new terrace bar, on the 'cliff'. Beer 1.50 (for a 25cl not the often seen 20cl) Coffee 1.00 33cl Coke for 1.80: In a week they will have snacks and salads to eat, owned by Infante's. Called Guarita bar.

O infante is one of the participating restos in the cataplana festival mentioned in post 903 - I wonder if the resto part is also known as Lote D. As I see no other option or other resto doing the cataplana festa.

If you turn left at the mini roundabout as you come in (and at the moment you have to, roadworks) you come to the 'boutique' hotel, Called Praia Verde hotel. Renovated this year. Lunches at the bar by the pool - a peaceful place and very nice environment. They have a wood fired pizza oven and do pizzas from around 11.50 and other salads / snacks. Wines from a reasonable 12.50 a bottle. Dinner is a more extensive menu. Very nice hotel, they showed us a room as well.... from the top floor (2nd) you can see the beach, which is about 7min wander. http://www.praiaverderesort.com/hotel-overview.html

PV - A very nice bit of Portugal....

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 17th 2014 at 1:27 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
There is a Cataplana Festival in Altura from 15 June to 30 in participating Restaurants

I dont know the details just seen some billboards in Villa Real this morning
I have just found this link

Festa da Cataplana na frente mar de Castro Marim! | Algarlife

Too late I have just seen Jons previous post
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Yes there is.

Kath
Thanks Kath.

Andy
Old Jun 21st 2014, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I see that the old Punjab resto has reopened as the Taj Mahal. Decent looking menu, willgive it a try soon.
That's the one in Plaza Lota BTW, next to Gavins
Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I see that the old Punjab resto has reopened as the Taj Mahal. Decent looking menu, willgive it a try soon.
That's the one in Plaza Lota BTW, next to Gavins
Mcdonalds looks ready to open. By weekend I believe. I hope they have their own litter pick team because the coucil sure don't do any around here.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 12:59 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Carol&John
polvo = octopus (Remember the last World Cup with Paul the octopus?)
tamboril = monkfish
bacalhau = cod
lombinho de porco = pork tenderloin
cabrito = goat
marisco = shellfish

Yum, which one to choose?
I am planning a group visit this weekend. Just FYI at the Castro Marim tourist office (a couple of hundred metres down from the post office, next to the church square), you can pick up 2 leaflets. One shows photos of the 6 Cataplanas and a list of restos and which ones they offer. (Also in the link I put in above).

The other is a leaflet with a 10% discount coupon.... I picked up a few in preparation. Note in the photos all the Cataplanas have shellfish in them except Cabrito which has mussels. So its seems for this festa you will have some kind of seafood included.

Note last day 30/6

Happy eating!
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.