Restaurants

Old Jun 6th 2014, 5:39 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Has anyone tried the new 'boutique resto' in Ayamonte?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Andalucia.html

Looks interesting and 'posh'.... As well. Sounds like it will be a bit on the higher price range. Will give it a go very soon. Cant find the address on Google maps though...

Am I 'living in hope' or is there a breath of fresher air?. With new businesses etc. OK Mcdo may not be the best thing, but at least it means that there was some investigation into the market before a pretty big investment. (But I said the same thing about Burger King in the CC!!) Also new bars, restos, supermarkets etc can only be encouraging... Or am I smoking the wrong stuff?

Jon
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Is that the old Argentinian restaurant Jon?
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:07 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Is that the old Argentinian restaurant Jon?
Aha good point, makes sense now, I am guessing it is. Penny drops. When I saw the menu photos on Phils facebook, I didnt see much steak, so it didnt click. I kind of thought it remained a steak speciality resto with other menu selections

Mikecol has been there and recommended it for sure and I think some others too. So its on the to do list.

Thanks
Jon
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's it and I found it on Google Earth using Calle Diaz Del Vivar El Cid. then walked the wee mannie :-) Not been yet but will probably be there over the summer.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 9:26 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Does anyone know why the 19th Hole isnt open tonight?
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V.S
I have been there tonight unless i have been mistaken

As someone else has said lets not start this theme again VS
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V.S
Are you sure you didn´t go to the 18th..
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We have been to Hoya 19 twice now.

Very friendly service with Pedro, Lily and Manuel.

Saturday night we ate downstairs although we could have eaten upstairs on the terrace, we chose not to as it was very windy. We didn't have a starter but were given the pepper salad complimentary. I thought it was delicious although my friend wasn't so keen. She had bacalao but it wasn't what she expected so she was disappointed. Hot fish served with cold mayonnaise spread on top. I had prawn and monkfisdh kebab which was nice. We had a bottle of wine and a bottle of fizzy water with the meal and a glass of wine each before we ate. We also had bread with sardine paste and olives. The whole lot can me to €47 which we thought was expensive bearing in mind that didn't include starters or puddings.

Today we ate on the terrace. We could have anything off the menu there. We chose an Esuri burger each which we were told was homemade although we were not convinced. However, it was very nice: burger, cheese, fried egg and bacon in a bread roll with chips and rocket salad for €5.35. So much better value for money.

The place wasn't busy either day. Yesterday there were only 3 other tables in the restaurant all night.

I do hope people use it or we shall lose it.

Kath
Old Jun 9th 2014, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

People have been complaining about the lack of facilities on Esuri now we have one bar/restaurant so come on people use it or lose it.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
We have been to Hoya 19 twice now.

Very friendly service with Pedro, Lily and Manuel.

Saturday night we ate downstairs although we could have eaten upstairs on the terrace, we chose not to as it was very windy. We didn't have a starter but were given the pepper salad complimentary. I thought it was delicious although my friend wasn't so keen. She had bacalao but it wasn't what she expected so she was disappointed. Hot fish served with cold mayonnaise spread on top. I had prawn and monkfisdh kebab which was nice. We had a bottle of wine and a bottle of fizzy water with the meal and a glass of wine each before we ate. We also had bread with sardine paste and olives. The whole lot can me to €47 which we thought was expensive bearing in mind that didn't include starters or puddings.

Today we ate on the terrace. We could have anything off the menu there. We chose an Esuri burger each which we were told was homemade although we were not convinced. However, it was very nice: burger, cheese, fried egg and bacon in a bread roll with chips and rocket salad for €5.35. So much better value for money.

The place wasn't busy either day. Yesterday there were only 3 other tables in the restaurant all night.

I do hope people use it or we shall lose it.

Kath
Hi Kath, yes that is a bit pricey. We had the buffet at Lupi yesterday and it was packed. Our meal + wine and coffee was 35Euro. The burger sounds more like the prices they charged at the old GC. I'm sure we all expect to pay a bit more for a restaurant meal but it needs to be value for money so lets hope things pick up (attendance & quality wise).
Old Jun 13th 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

O'Tapas in Monte Gordo...O'Wow !!
Great food and great prices. 5 of us had the tourist menu, good choice of dishes and includes 3 courses plus beer or wine and a few extra dishes thrown in to share. Even with some extra drinks still only cost €50 for the lot of us. The place was packed inside and out so get their early if you want to done outside. Strangely enough they don't do Tapas, just great food!
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Another great place we went to the other night which I don't remember seeing posted on here is The Medieval in Castro Marim, again great food and for 6 people with main courses, 4 bottles of wine and lots more beers and spirits was only €115. The place has two entrances one to the restaurant garden and other to the bar end. There us also an inside dining area in the middle of the two. When you come off the motorway and drive towards Castro at the first roundabout go straight over. Park in the big carpark and walk to the left where there is a smaller row of parking spaces. Easily missed but worth looking for!
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, has anyone tried 'Dictador Rum y Grill Bar'? It replaced Vinoteca (which was great) and although we haven't been there yet I have been told the meat is brilliant. It is on Calle Jose Perez Barroso. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, has anyone tried 'Dictador Rum y Grill Bar'? It replaced Vinoteca (which was great) and although we haven't been there yet I have been told the meat is brilliant. It is on Calle Jose Perez Barroso. Regards Bryony
I have only had Tapas there which was pretty good I have heard from various people that he meat mains are very good
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:55 pm
BE Positive

Default Ze da Tasca 2

We went there for lunch today. I’ve recommended this place before – from when it was in Rio Seco and I posted way back in time, and on this thread last year when they moved to Altura, right on the 125.

(NB this isnt A Tasca do Ze – about 200m away also on the 125 and next door to O Infante 1 on the roundabout – an OK resto that we went to a couple of years back, and dont plan on revisiting soon).

We ‘do lunch’ normally - especially in Spain.. where we just cant get into the Spanish dinner-eating time. Turning up at a resto at 10pm; finding its empty and over the next hour people turn up with pushchairs etc. Or say at Laguna down the side street next to the Town hall where people queue at midnight to eat!

We like to eat in a resto with a buzz of people.. not alone (no fun even if the nosh is good) and Ze da Tasca 2 has that ...... and there are always cars parked there for lunch. A great sign, like the transport cafe’s with all the trucks outside.

BUT I should warn people that have noted this down that they have stopped doing the menu (Main course, desert, drink and coffee – fixed price). We were there recently with a group and treated friends of ours with their steak.. that comes out on a board with carving knife and fork (mentioned before). The rest of us took the menu. Hmmmmm. The friends that also took the menu, sent the bill back as it was too cheap ( AND they are from Scotland!)

But now that’s over (sadly) and its a la carte now. Not expensive (eg dish of the day 8eur, half litre quaffable wine 3.50Eur) + wide selection of fish/meat ... but for a la carte they have a LOT of competition. We will go there a lot less now and mainly for the steak. I’m sure the fish is good too. We were very surprised that they had stopped it and even insisted to the server who asked the boss... As we have been there many times – right from the start.

Nice resto, good buzz... but no menu.. and being on a main road with traffic, perhaps there are better places for a la carte. Oh dear!

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.