Restaurants

Old May 2nd 2014, 8:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by MikeCol
There is the new and improved RES (old Argentinian) which does good steaks and also Ze da Tasca on the N125 just before Altura. They do a house special for 2 which is basically a huge slab of Beef served on a board and comes with grilled pineapple + a carving knife & fork. It is 26 Euro and depending on the size of your appetite could stretch to 3 servings. Regards Bryony
Great minds think alike I was typing my post and yours came in before I hit send.... Jon
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Great minds think alike I was typing my post and yours came in before I hit send.... Jon
Yeh, go me
Old May 2nd 2014, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Yeh, go me
Thanks very much Bryony, Jon and Guesswork,

That steak for two sounds just the job, so def on the radar, as is Chamine. I've also been given instructions by OH to check the old Argentinian, as she has reminded me that she is coming over the week after my golf break and expects the same level of attention to detail that I am giving my mates. She also asked me to re-check Lupi, as the one time we went there thought it pretty average, but too many rave about it, so that's also on the radar. Want, want, want!!
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks very much Bryony, Jon and Guesswork,

That steak for two sounds just the job, so def on the radar, as is Chamine. I've also been given instructions by OH to check the old Argentinian, as she has reminded me that she is coming over the week after my golf break and expects the same level of attention to detail that I am giving my mates. She also asked me to re-check Lupi, as the one time we went there thought it pretty average, but too many rave about it, so that's also on the radar. Want, want, want!!
Andy

I would recommend you do Lupi on a Sunday as they have a full buffet.... and you will have a bigger choice. On a weekday the set menu could be just 1 or 2 dishes. So you may be disappointed if the dishes are not to your liking. However you can go for the more expensive a la carte...

A nice great value resto is O tapas in Monte Gordo.... all inclusive with wine for a tenner each.... If you go with your buddies in a taxi, and share the cost - then the overall cost is low. We did that and walked through the 'forest path' to VRSA and had a drink and got the ferry to Ayamonte... more drinks and taxi home. Good day out and O Tapas is a great place to go with a group - and cheap too... and plenty of places to stop for a libation!

Have fun

Jon
Old May 4th 2014, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Andy

I would recommend you do Lupi on a Sunday as they have a full buffet.... and you will have a bigger choice. On a weekday the set menu could be just 1 or 2 dishes. So you may be disappointed if the dishes are not to your liking. However you can go for the more expensive a la carte...

A nice great value resto is O tapas in Monte Gordo.... all inclusive with wine for a tenner each.... If you go with your buddies in a taxi, and share the cost - then the overall cost is low. We did that and walked through the 'forest path' to VRSA and had a drink and got the ferry to Ayamonte... more drinks and taxi home. Good day out and O Tapas is a great place to go with a group - and cheap too... and plenty of places to stop for a libation!

Have fun

Jon
Hi Andy

While I would endorse what Jon says about the Sunday Buffet, you need to get there early (start of service) to get the best and freshest choice. If you get there later he has (in our experience) run out of some things and it gets a bit dried looking in the hot dishes.

Someone wrote about Os Arcos in VRSA saying they had not tried their steak on the stone. We have and it was good and VERY big.

Pat
Old May 5th 2014, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Andy

While I would endorse what Jon says about the Sunday Buffet, you need to get there early (start of service) to get the best and freshest choice. If you get there later he has (in our experience) run out of some things and it gets a bit dried looking in the hot dishes.

Someone wrote about Os Arcos in VRSA saying they had not tried their steak on the stone. We have and it was good and VERY big.

Pat
Got to agree with the early bit we try for 12.30-13.00 PT and it works well. Yesterday we were a party of 14 and the food was delicious and there were two birthday celebrations going on. By 14.00 the place was rocking (sort of)!
Old May 5th 2014, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Andy

Pat
Thanks for the heads up Pat and for the info re Os Arcos.
Old May 5th 2014, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy

Have fun

Jon
Thanks Jon, Lupi's is getting a visit next Sunday and I'll have a chat with the lads about O tapas - sounds good to me.

Andy
Old May 5th 2014, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

OTapas looks delicious!

http://restauranteotapas.pt/en
Old May 5th 2014, 1:30 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Carol&John
OTapas looks delicious!

http://restauranteotapas.pt/en
It is one of the best resto's in the area.... price/quality.

And its always full of locals.

We cant believe the price sometimes..... especially when on the menu (10 Euro) we get the little clams in wine and garlic.... you often pay 8+ euros for them alone. The menu is 3 courses, coffee and wine..... and maybe a surprise .....

We prefer to go there with friends, as (for us) its a social resto... lots of laughter, noise and people having fun... then you can walk to the beach - have a few drinks etc etc. We rarely go alone. We have done a few visits with friends, and we make a day of it........... and so far no-one has complained.... quite the opposite.

Fantastic and I thank EsuriJohn for introducing us to it.

Jon
Old May 5th 2014, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Where abouts in monte gordo is o tapas??
Old May 6th 2014, 5:12 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by char272
Google is yr pal
Old May 6th 2014, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
The resto flyer in post #789 has a location map link in it.
Old May 6th 2014, 10:15 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The resto flyer in post #789 has a location map link in it.
AKA RTFM.
Old May 7th 2014, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

VV to open in 7 days time ie next Wednesday
From "the horses mouth" don't shoot the messenger but a free drink from everyone if I am right!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.