Restaurants

Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by irismary
Jon, I can´t follow the directions you give to the Restaurante Wok. Where were you when you started "take the M-way direction Seville"?
There are four restaurants in Huelva with `Wok´in their names, and Google says that the one just called Restaurante Wok is on Calle Trigueros, in San Juan del Puerto, out of Huelva, and just south of the motorway.Is that it?
Hi irismary

I meant get onto the m-way at the CE roundabout going towards Seville... pass the bridge with the single span and then exit and head towards Huelva... then at the big roundabout look for the McDo signs. They will be to the right (and the commercial centre to the left)

I left the card in our flat so sorry I cant give you the address, but its easy to find as its in the same 'complex as McDo - but at the other end.

I hope this helps...

Happy eating

Jon

PS Guesswork, the one you mention is NOT the one I posted as its on the other side of that roundabout. The key to MINE is following the Mcdo signs.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

irismary is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Guesswork.
Is it too much to ask that when people give a heads-up to a good restaurant, they get the name right, and give some sort of address.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

irismary is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear! I´m still confused. Situation normal.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irismary
Thanks, Guesswork.
Is it too much to ask that when people give a heads-up to a good restaurant, they get the name right, and give some sort of address.
The name was right, and just head out and try and follow the directions I posted in 721 its easy to find. Especially as Mcdo is clearly signposted, and there are both Aldi and Lidl in the shopping precinct where the resto is... If you end up at the resto guesswork posted, in the new commercial centre, fine, give us a report.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=721

Most people know that we live in CE so saying head out in the Seville direction and turn off towards Huelva Norte after the single span bridge is clear. Coming from Sanlucar means having to get a bit more creative though. Google Earth?

If still confused, we'll meet up on our motorbikes, and make a great day of it

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 19th 2014 at 3:44 am.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the same restaurant, Jon?

"Let your fingers do the woking..." :

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/ficha...9713N_004.html
Old Apr 19th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Carol&John

Hi Carol, some wicked searching there.... But.....

Blimey, Since this has sparked so much interest I searched for Aldi/Lidl

Google Earth. Av Molino de la Vega, S/N,21002 Huelva, Spain

Putting in Ayamonte as the start point for directions gives the alternative route that Fred mentioned after my post 721 (Well it did for me). However (with respect, Fred) my route is easier as you turn off the mway, H30, and keep going till the Mcdo signs at the roundabout. Resto is at the Opposite end to Mcdo/Lidl. I doubt there is much in it time-wise. Note G-Earth does NOT show it, in street view... as it was opened after the scan, I guess. Here it is again.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=721

It really is v easy to find, just head out for the open road, directions scribbled down, and no prep needed, one will find it..... Promise . 'A piece of cake' (pun intended )

My post 721 also gave directions to the commercial centre, as well as the resto, and I think was detailed and thorough....

Happy Munchin' and take clothing that can expand at the belly!

Jon

PS After the discussions, please set expectations accordingly. A tenner for all this and wine <6Eur a bottle.... with this in mind I am confident in saying that you will find it excellent value for money and some very tasty options too....

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 19th 2014 at 10:40 am.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that this is the same resto that Jon originally reviewed, although it's probably good too. The confusing thing is that there are McD near both. We often go to the little centre that Jon mentions - there is a new Mercadona there and a small Mall with decent underground parking just a bit further. We usually go via Coralles and over the bridge to Huelva and then the McDo is immediately on your right. If you follow Jon's directions - which are equally valid BTW, then when you get to the big roundabout then you turn right and follow the river to that McDo (or you turn left and follow the Ring Road for Carrefour, Leroy Merlin and the other Wok resto. I've seen both but not tried either.
Incidently, there is Cervasaria/Montadillero shop (spelling? ) in the aforementioned mini-Mall for a value snack if that's all you want.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all deserve a fortune cookie! Or, at least an eggroll!

Happy Easter
Old Apr 20th 2014, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Best wishes to all, easy on the eggs !
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I don't think that this is the same resto that Jon originally reviewed, although it's probably good too. The confusing thing is that there are McD near both. We often go to the little centre that Jon mentions - there is a new Mercadona there and a small Mall with decent underground parking just a bit further. We usually go via Coralles and over the bridge to Huelva and then the McDo is immediately on your right. If you follow Jon's directions - which are equally valid BTW, then when you get to the big roundabout then you turn right and follow the river to that McDo (or you turn left and follow the Ring Road for Carrefour, Leroy Merlin and the other Wok resto. I've seen both but not tried either.
Incidently, there is Cervasaria/Montadillero shop (spelling? ) in the aforementioned mini-Mall for a value snack if that's all you want.
Morning all!

I just had to put this Wok on the back burner!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...d241bdc0b9e219

Jon, yes, it is on the opposite side of town from the La Holea CC which is on the Ring Road (thanks MikeJ) = Ronda Exterior. I got my opposites in a twist!

MikeJ, I'm hoping the mini-Mall you've mentioned is the Aqualon Commercial Centre? I've been there to go to the cinema. There was news a while back about this CC becoming possibly a Food Hall. Great deal on the parking, too. 1€ for first 4 hours.
http://www.ccaqualon.com/
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Morning all!

I just had to put this Wok on the back burner!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...d241bdc0b9e219

Jon, yes, it is on the opposite side of town from the La Holea CC which is on the Ring Road (thanks MikeJ) = Ronda Exterior. I got my opposites in a twist!

MikeJ, I'm hoping the mini-Mall you've mentioned is the Aqualon Commercial Centre? I've been there to go to the cinema. There was news a while back about this CC becoming possibly a Food Hall. Great deal on the parking, too. 1€ for first 4 hours.
http://www.ccaqualon.com/
Who needs google or other search/map apps we've got Carol! Mornin Carol.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Aw, how sweet! Mornin' John, how's our Man in Esuri? Not grumpy still?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:16 am
BE Positive

He's always grumpy when you and I aren't there

Jon

PS Thanks for the map Carol - that ends the longest running resto recommendation so far
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

I never find John grumpy, especially when you ask about his grandchildren :-))
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by MikeCol
I never find John grumpy, especially when you ask about his grandchildren :-))
It's an age thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.