Restaurants

Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by JT01 View Post
Casa de Pincha, (Brazilian restaurant) in Santa Luiza is sadly closed, we visited when we were last over in May' so disappointing. However, Antonio who ran it did say last year that there other restaurant was in Alportal.
There is another Brazilian resto on the front at Olihau about half way along facing the Rio Formosa.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol View Post
Whilst waiting to drop a friend off at the airport last week we had a fab lunch at a Restaurante/Bar called WAX on Praia de Faro, v. nice. Bryony (I have no connection to this restaurant)
If we are early or a flight is late we often go to the Pria Faro and have a coffee or as we did last week get lunch before a flight. There are a number of nice Resto's if you turn right after crossing the bridge.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn View Post
If we are early or a flight is late we often go to the Pria Faro and have a coffee or as we did last week get lunch before a flight. There are a number of nice Resto's if you turn right after crossing the bridge.
Hey John what's with the name change? We just had lunch today with you and Kath (at Luis' resto to keep it on topic)... a few hours ago, she hasn't gone and left you has she?

Last night I met Uncle buck who told me his 'old name' which included his wife's name and he changed it too.

Are forum members wives leaving the posters!! Gotta hang onto mine !!

Jon
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

So that's were I went wrong I turned left and due to being in a hurry stopped at the 1st restaurant called O'COSTA went in and told the woman we were in a hurry and wanted something quick, she said she had specials so we got a portion of garlic mushrooms between us 2 lamb dinners and 2 drinks 1/2 later we got the bill 105 euros. if you google the restaurant on trip advisor you will see it is not just me who has been birched there,so I think the moral of the story is if you go over the bridge DON'T TURN LEFT
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark donna View Post
So that's were I went wrong I turned left and due to being in a hurry stopped at the 1st restaurant called O'COSTA went in and told the woman we were in a hurry and wanted something quick, she said she had specials so we got a portion of garlic mushrooms between us 2 lamb dinners and 2 drinks 1/2 later we got the bill 105 euros. if you google the restaurant on trip advisor you will see it is not just me who has been birched there,so I think the moral of the story is if you go over the bridge DON'T TURN LEFT
sorry I was wrong LEFT NOT right but about 200m on right car park climb some steps and magnificent view of beach and ocean from terrace and large indoor area if weather not good. 4 light lunches and 8 coffees € 39 the lot.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

John, I like the fact that you have put your location as 'Puente Esuri'. I think it sounds a lot better than 'Costa Esuri'; more accurate too.
Kath
Old Jun 13th 2013, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted View Post
John, I like the fact that you have put your location as 'Puente Esuri'. I think it sounds a lot better than 'Costa Esuri'; more accurate too.
Kath
I have always preferred it and is the address on all our Escritura's and at the Land Registry.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 11:34 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

The 'Friday Club' (open to ALL) has done stirling efforts over the past few weeks - profiting from the tapas trail:

See posts 607 onwards for FULL details

There is unanimous agreement that no 10 La Serranía de Jabugo and no 22 Cervecería Dkñas have the best so far. You can see the posts for the actual tapas they presented.

Punta del Moral was great Friday and we crossed over to the Marina. We tend not to go there, but are wrong. The sunset over the boat masts and the buzz of Spanish and the wonderful evening outside on the terrace was wonderful. Would recommend going there for those like us that have avoided it.

Munch well!

Jon
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 11:42 am
BE Positive

The Golf Club have just hired a new chef.... there are fresh tapas at the bar, and also a new SUNDAY LUNCH menu.... Spanish. Sad that Rick has lost the franchise there, but really pleased about the new professional chef and the fresh food etc. Fingers crossed that this is the start of a new and much improved menu going forward for daily good food.

Note there is an English Breakfast for a good price as well daily starting at 9am.. though I hear the golfers are asking for an earlier start so that they can 'fill up the tank' - before playing a round... sounds right to me...

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 23rd 2013 at 11:46 am.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
The 'Friday Club' (open to ALL) has done stirling efforts over the past few weeks - profiting from the tapas trail:

See posts 607 onwards for FULL details

There is unanimous agreement that no 10 La Serranía de Jabugo and no 22 Cervecería Dkñas have the best so far. You can see the posts for the actual tapas they presented.

Punta del Moral was great Friday and we crossed over to the Marina. We tend not to go there, but are wrong. The sunset over the boat masts and the buzz of Spanish and the wonderful evening outside on the terrace was wonderful. Would recommend going there for those like us that have avoided it.

Munch well!

Jon
Do you have 10 ticks on your card now, Jon?
You could be in for a win of the prize draw (1 night B&B for 2 people at the Hotel Isla Canela Golf). Remember to hand in your ticket (with your favourites marked 1 to 5) before the 12th July at either the Tourist Information Office, or Apymes-Ayamonte.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A quick update on current restaurants.

Yesterday Luis re-opened after a long weekend closure having moved his grand plan forward a few more steps. The terrace is now almost complete and looks really good with four six seater tables on the decks. Inside the bar area has been defined with a nice English pub touch, anybody above about 6'-2" will have to duck to approach the bar. The coffee and cake cafe has yet to be delineated but that is coming soon. However the food on a couple of samples yesterday was excellent as ever. Yesterdays soup was so good we both thought it might have been his best yet. All that with one of his cooks on annual leave well done Luis.

Also first hints that the Bistro overlooking the 18th on the west course is about to re-open under new management. Look out for Vista Verdi coming soon.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Oct 3rd 2013 at 9:43 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Yesterday Luis re-opened after a long weekend closure having moved his grand plan forward a few more steps. The terrace is now almost complete and looks really good with four six seater tables on the decks. Inside the bar are has been defined with a nice English pub touch, anybody above about 6'-2" will have to duck to approach the bar. The coffee and cake cafe has yet to be delineated but that is coming soon. However the food on a couple of samples yesterday was excellent as ever. Yesterdays soup was so good we both thought it might have been his best yet. All that with one of his cooks on annual leave well done Luis.

Also first hints that the Bistro overlooking the 18th on the west course is about to re-open under new management. Look out for Vista Verdi coming soon.

Hi John (and Kath) welcome back and congrats on the new additions to your family.

Good news re Luis's and the new Bistro (which we heard about yesterday), although I do think 4 postings was a bit OTT. Regards Bryony
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MikeCol View Post
Hi John (and Kath) welcome back and congrats on the new additions to your family.

Good news re Luis's and the new Bistro (which we heard about yesterday), although I do think 4 postings was a bit OTT. Regards Bryony
Don't know what happened there and took ages to sort as well but I suppose I was just excited at the prospect.

Or it could be the grandchildren the first one granddaughter will arrive next week for her first stay. Viewings will be compulsory and I will be boring!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:04 am
BE Positive

Yesterday Luis re-opened after a long weekend closure having moved his grand plan forward a few more steps. The terrace is now almost complete and looks really good with four six seater tables on the decks. Inside the bar area has been defined with a nice English pub touch, anybody above about 6'-2" will have to duck to approach the bar. The coffee and cake cafe has yet to be delineated but that is coming soon. However the food on a couple of samples yesterday was excellent as ever. Yesterdays soup was so good we both thought it might have been his best yet. All that with one of his cooks on annual leave well done Luis.

Great news about Luis place - has he also done the internet cafe bit as well?

Re the takeover of 'old Jags' - this is of course excellent news. However there's some big steps to go through. First the possession of the building, and the contractual stuff..... hopefully in December, then the permissions for a March opening. Also there is the issue of the noise, denuncia's etc.

I'm hoping that being Spanish, the new owner, who is well known in CE, will have a better time getting through the town hall procedures and actually get to start on time. Easier said than done as we've seen with other businesses. I'm not holding my breath here, I see some other big problems - best not to mention here in public - but the fingers are crossed!

It would be fantastic to have a Spanish resto-bar in CE and once opened, after all the hassles of red tape etc.... would be a wonderful addition to us. I'll get all excited if, and once, its actually open!

Jon
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
Great news about Luis place - has he also done the internet cafe bit as well?

Re the takeover of 'old Jags' - this is of course excellent news. However there's some big steps to go through. First the possession of the building, and the contractual stuff..... hopefully in December, then the permissions for a March opening. Also there is the issue of the noise, denuncia's etc.

I'm hoping that being Spanish, the new owner, who is well known in CE, will have a better time getting through the town hall procedures and actually get to start on time. Easier said than done as we've seen with other businesses. I'm not holding my breath here, I see some other big problems - best not to mention here in public - but the fingers are crossed!

It would be fantastic to have a Spanish resto-bar in CE and once opened,
after all the hassles of red tape etc.... would be a wonderful addition to us. I'll get all excited if, and once, its actually open!

Jon
No Internet cafe as yet although there was a signal called LuPi available but no log on at the moment. The internet if it happens will be in the cafe cake shop at the front and that is the next project.

The ownership of Vista Verdi is vested in the 49 villas which surround it and this is a project being organised and run by and for the community. There are still changes to make such as relocating the kitchen downstairs but I am sure that will happen over time. The President and VP are driving this forward and are about to let a contract for the management of the venue so I would not be surprised to see movement before Christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.