Restaurants

Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted View Post
Sorry if this sounds dozy but where exactly is el limonero? I have probably passed it several times without seeing it.
Thanks
Kath
Hi

VS mentioned El Limonero's amazing lunch deal above. We went there and had a great 3 course meal for 7.95! 3 starter choices, 2 main choices and also a desert!

As ever the food was great. We both love the pate, a huge portion, and we had roast lamb, mash and veg............ with a choccie desert at the end.

Stuffed!

There is a special on at the moment Heineken bottles at 1 Euro, as well. Can't go wrong eating there.... and having a 'jar'

Jon
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:55 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
Hi

VS mentioned El Limonero's amazing lunch deal above. We went there and had a great 3 course meal for 7.95! 3 starter choices, 2 main choices and also a desert!

As ever the food was great. We both love the pate, a huge portion, and we had roast lamb, mash and veg............ with a choccie desert at the end.

Stuffed!

There is a special on at the moment Heineken bottles at 1 Euro, as well. Can't go wrong eating there.... and having a 'jar'

Jon
Glad you enjoyed it

Damn, Heineken wasnt €1 when I was there, I will have to go back
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard mention of the Cinnamon Bar in Ayamonte and also the Piano Bar where are they please and does the Piano bar have music ? if so how regularly.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench View Post
I have heard mention of the Cinnamon Bar in Ayamonte and also the Piano Bar where are they please and does the Piano bar have music ? if so how regularly.
The Cinnamon bar is down at Isla Cannela marina on the side facing the boatyard lovely clubbie atmosphere with leather armchairs and sofas with a super arched timber ceiling.

The Piano Bar is just round the corner from you. It faces on to the small square in front of the Casa Grande on the Calle Huelva. It does have a grand piano but I have not heard it played yet. It is nice to sit outside in the square and sip a beer on a warm day.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thanks Cinnamon bar too far for me to walk and Piano bar is not near me, unless they moved my house during the night :-) I know where Casa Grande is, I intend to visit it one day soon.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:35 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
The Cinnamon bar is down at Isla Cannela marina on the side facing the boatyard lovely clubbie atmosphere with leather armchairs and sofas with a super arched timber ceiling.

The Piano Bar is just round the corner from you. It faces on to the small square in front of the Casa Grande on the Calle Huelva. It does have a grand piano but I have not heard it played yet. It is nice to sit outside in the square and sip a beer on a warm day.
Great place - please note that the winter opening hours are Thursday -Sunday from 5:30pm... I forget if they are open Mondays... the rest is closed

Jon
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Great place - please note that the winter opening hours are Thursday -Sunday from 5:30pm... I forget if they are open Mondays... the rest is closed

Jon
By this, Jon, do you refer to Cinnamon Bar?

Piano Bar is called also Piano-Bar Tertulia on Plaza del Rosario, in front of the Casa Grande as John&Kath have posted.
Piano Bar, indoors, is roasty-toasty on cooler days/evenings with piano music, red wine, paté...

Jon, there's the cheese place also on the square.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Carol&John View Post
By this, Jon, do you refer to Cinnamon Bar?

Piano Bar is called also Piano-Bar Tertulia on Plaza del Rosario, in front of the Casa Grande as John&Kath have posted.
Piano Bar, indoors, is roasty-toasty on cooler days/evenings with piano music, red wine, paté...

Jon, there's the cheese place also on the square.
Oops sorry, yes these are the winter hours for Cinnamon bar....

The piano bar is in town so CW can walk there....

Good idea about the wine and cheese place nearby on the corner. Whats it all come to .......... I now dream of a post box

Jon
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

sunstroke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Stuffed!

Jon
El Limonero's is the BEST food in spain for me!!! superb every time. Only problem is the poor white wine selection - house white is vile!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:22 pm
N.P
Just Joined

N.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunstroke View Post
El Limonero's is the BEST food in spain for me!!! superb every time. Only problem is the poor white wine selection - house white is vile!
The same for me Limonero cannot be beaten for the amazing food they serve. It beats the top restaurants in Seville and Madrid. Its amazing to have such a place in little Ayamonte. I have to agree slightly about the wine but I will mention it to G and A as they would welcome any comments Im sure. They are a great couple and work so hard.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:31 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by N.P View Post
The same for me Limonero cannot be beaten for the amazing food they serve. It beats the top restaurants in Seville and Madrid. Its amazing to have such a place in little Ayamonte. I have to agree slightly about the wine but I will mention it to G and A as they would welcome any comments Im sure. They are a great couple and work so hard.
After a very boozy weekend and need to recuperate, I decided that the 'aching body and liver' needed well cooked, nutricious and filling food.

So we went to El Limonero for Sunday lunch.

Wow, what a good idea that turned out to be! He had ribs for the first time on the menu as a starter. I have a quite a bit of experience of Texas - and I love the extensive BBQ choices, Tex-Mex food (and Margaritas) etc etc there!! My friend came 3rd in a famous Texas Chilli cook-off with a rattlesnake chilli!!

I just love good ribs too which you get there. In Dallas there is a rib resto 'no city slickers allowed' you wear a tie and they cut if off and pin it to the wall (you get a free drink!!) There are thousands of ties all over the HUGE hanger sized shack. Great!

These were excellent at El Limonero .... I hope we see more of them on the menu. I love ribs!

Then main course choices we had Lamb/Pork with proper VEG. For just 1:50 extra we could have desert - but couldn't do it!! Had to share the lightest one there, a sort of Strawberry pavlova.

So I'm happy to recommend the resto again.....well worth it!

Jon
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:34 am
BE Positive

Fancy local food at a great price on the sand?

We had an excellent gambas-feijoada for a great price in Monte Gordo. Its a Portuguese bean stew, sort of 'cassoulet'. Be careful many meat-feijoada's have the 'bad bits' of meat (nose ears tripe etc, so if you dont like that avoid it especially the 'feijoada transmontana')

However you can also get seafood ones, shellfish, gambas, razorclam etc. 12 Euros for TWO and extremely filling. We had 10 big king prawns in it and also smaller prawns etc. Flavoured with herbs and chorizo. Very nice and what a price! I always ask for more fresh coriander, on the side, as I think it goes really well (aka coentros 'kwen-tros' in the lingo).

They also have seafood rice for this price range and it looks good. Both are about half the price. or less, that 2 people would pay elsewhere. Very filling and local food.

Come out of Monte Gordo on the 'coast road', direction VRSA. Pass the big hotels then slow down as you see the camp site on the left. At the end of the campsite turn right (where you see the outside kiosko and tented area to eat snacks and drink otside). You are heading to the ocean on the sandy road, and there are 2 restos there. The first one is where you get the feijoada etc. It is frequented by tourists so there is a Dutch/English choice - but the feijoada and seafood rice is well worth it. There is a sun-trap terrace as well.

Opposite that one is another resto closer to the beach on the sand with ocean views that do a mixed grill of fish or meat for onky 5:99 each. In fact you will see the sign offering this to locate the turn off to both resto's. Will try that later....

Happy eating

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 22nd 2013 at 6:36 am.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Fancy local food at a great price on the sand?

We had an excellent gambas-feijoada for a great price in Monte Gordo. Its a Portuguese bean stew, sort of 'cassoulet'. Be careful many meat-feijoada's have the 'bad bits' of meat (nose ears tripe etc, so if you dont like that avoid it especially the 'feijoada transmontana')

However you can also get seafood ones, shellfish, gambas, razorclam etc. 12 Euros for TWO and extremely filling. We had 10 big king prawns in it and also smaller prawns etc. Flavoured with herbs and chorizo. Very nice and what a price! I always ask for more fresh coriander, on the side, as I think it goes really well (aka coentros 'kwen-tros' in the lingo).

They also have seafood rice for this price range and it looks good. Both are about half the price. or less, that 2 people would pay elsewhere. Very filling and local food.

Come out of Monte Gordo on the 'coast road', direction VRSA. Pass the big hotels then slow down as you see the camp site on the left. At the end of the campsite turn right (where you see the outside kiosko and tented area to eat snacks and drink otside). You are heading to the ocean on the sandy road, and there are 2 restos there. The first one is where you get the feijoada etc. It is frequented by tourists so there is a Dutch/English choice - but the feijoada and seafood rice is well worth it. There is a sun-trap terrace as well.

Opposite that one is another resto closer to the beach on the sand with ocean views that do a mixed grill of fish or meat for onky 5:99 each. In fact you will see the sign offering this to locate the turn off to both resto's. Will try that later....

Happy eating

Jon
Just back from three weeks at Esuri (great weeks),and got about a bit more regards eating out,had some lovely meals and also lots of tasty tapa's, but on the last night went the old Argentian steak house, now been taken over by a lovely chap, the one on the hill at the roundabout by the new petrol station.

Had starters, great portions,then a house steak with potatoes and green beans, four of us went and all had different meals, and all empty plates.

Would highly recommend it also prices were good, and the guy gives great service along with excellent food, if your looking for a change give it a try am sure you will enjoy it and go back for more, we will

Ken.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:41 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Teed Up View Post
Just back from three weeks at Esuri (great weeks),and got about a bit more regards eating out,had some lovely meals and also lots of tasty tapa's, but on the last night went the old Argentian steak house, now been taken over by a lovely chap, the one on the hill at the roundabout by the new petrol station.

Had starters, great portions,then a house steak with potatoes and green beans, four of us went and all had different meals, and all empty plates.

Would highly recommend it also prices were good, and the guy gives great service along with excellent food, if your looking for a change give it a try am sure you will enjoy it and go back for more, we will

Ken.
Great that its been taken over and still in business and recommended by you. Will surely try it.

We had a 'posh day' on our lads weekend, yesterday, with friends from 2 continents.... they played Monte Rei golf and although expensive, they really enjoyed the experience and not feeling rushed with golfers behind etc. Great course/experience.

In the evening we went to a resto, I keep meaning to go to for ages - but never have for some reason. Casa Luciana just opposite the old Don Diego hotel/SuperSol. A bit pricey but we had excellent steaks - on a par with the steaks we had in O Cyclista posted before in Tavira. They have a little bodega inside for the wines. Lovely atmosphere service and food and extensive wine list. note the cheapest is 18 Euro. They are famous for fish as well. All the plates I saw delivered looked fantastic! Good for a special occasion, Spanish food. Special occasions also call for champagne, and you can get a Moet and Chandon ('marque' champers) for 45 Euros. You will not find it in France in any resto for this price.

Looking forward to trying the new Argentinian and hopefully will have a great steak there as well....

First day after golf we went to Pezinhos n'areia - right on the beach of Praia Verde. Recommended many times on this thread. We spent 8 hours there! Till late and had a wonderful catch up, Wonderful food and experience and service too. Also for a special occasion real marque champers, Pommery for about 45E.... amazing price! After we walked in the dark to the Sem Espinhas bar and resto on Cabeco beach, 10 mins away and had drinks at the bar (resto closed for the night)

Links Taxis were always there morning or night... and you pay at the end once safely back home. Also highly recommended.

Great fun! Last day today - no plans yet....

So some good recommendations here for special occasions, we pushed the boat out as we planned this for a while and we have guys from East+West coast USA and Holland who booked to come out.

Now to eat bread water and no alcohol!! (Except at Monday club, of course ) Hmmm will start the regime Tuesday!

Jon
Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:45 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Roxy's Island grill. Hawaiian style. Lots of food yet inexpensive.(American style) Insert fat joke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.