Restaurants

Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:16 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by LordMayor View Post
The name of the plaza is Lotta....
Actually to be exact it is Plaza La Lota ...

Also if you go up the road to the old Super Sol... just down from the ferry, its now closed down and I heard will become yet another Chinese shop and a big one at that. They will sell food as well apparently...

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 28th 2012 at 7:39 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post

Also if you go up the road to the old Super Sol... just down from the ferry, its now closed down and I heard will become yet another Chinese shop and a big one at that. They will sell food as well apparently...
You are of course correct the original restaurant when Luis was there was called Lalota and that's what I was thinking about the resto was called after the Plaza but it has now changed to Lotita.

Which brings me neatly round to resto LuPi where Luis is again providing excellent fare in Monte Fransisco. Had lunch today watching the first half of the Liverpool match. We both chose Sea Bass and I swear Luis caught them this morning they were so fresh his chef cooks them on the grill to perfection and it was just superb I would recommend it to anyone. Dare not say what it cost it was so cheap you just can't beat it.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Wow! That is a big shop and will take some filling.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:30 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried the other restos in Monte Francisco? Even though we are huge fans of Luis and usually go there more than once a week, there are 2 others.

The OLD Luis resto at the roundabout with the long terrace, does fresh food at - wait for it 4 Euros dish of the day. Rather than doing a menu all-included, you pay for each element you order. They buy the dish of the day each morning so its fresh, usually a fish or meat choice. If you have a Portuguese mobile, they will txt you the dish of the day daily

We met friends there the other day that had for 4 euros had am amazing pork joint, in fact 2 each. Couldn't finish it all. Careful if you are driving as the wines are huge! Prices are great too.... some of the cheapest around for a drink.

Directly opposite is the resto with the big solar panels on the roof. We ate well there once - they have a fixed price menu.

However we still love eating at Luis probably the resto we use the most, for really fresh quality home cooked food at a fantastic price, 8 Euros full 3 course menu and drinks.

We are so pleased that the place closest to Esuri has so many resto/bar choices..... and is in ANOTHER country!!

Jon
Old Nov 4th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Could anyone give me directions to Luis' restaurant please as we would like to try it when we come over in a couple of weeks. Thanks
Kath
Old Nov 4th 2012, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted View Post
Could anyone give me directions to Luis' restaurant please as we would like to try it when we come over in a couple of weeks. Thanks
Kath
Over the bridge take first exit VRSTO bottom of the slip road turn left, 100 m turn left Monte Frisco, 75 m small r/about take second exit, 100 m smaller r/about take first exit. Straight up the hill 100m on left restaurant LUPI that is Luis's say Jon sent you and you will be treated royally.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks Jon, I knew you would be able to help.
Kath
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

acko is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to ask but do eny body out ther now if jags is back open as i am back out on nov/15
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately for all concerned Jags is still closed.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
Over the bridge take first exit VRSTO bottom of the slip road turn left, 100 m turn left Monte Frisco, 75 m small r/about take second exit, 100 m smaller r/about take first exit. Straight up the hill 100m on left restaurant LUPI that is Luis's say Jon sent you and you will be treated royally.
I think it is the 'second' exit at the second roundabout, as well. (I think the 'first' exit is the small/narrow road that leads to the restaurant with the solar panels.)
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat View Post
I think it is the 'second' exit at the second roundabout, as well. (I think the 'first' exit is the small/narrow road that leads to the restaurant with the solar panels.)
I put detailed directions + details when it was called SAOLUPI, now its called LUPI. Anyone that knows how to search the forum in my posts can find it.

Anyway another one :-

We went to a resto I think I may have recommended before on this thread. It was recommended to us by a Portuguese guy in Belgium....

Its just outside Tavira and easy to find off the 125.

“O Ciclista”

However I am repeating it as for the first time we ordered steak there. Its the best steak we have had in the area, the 3 of us that had it all agreed.... (and I include the O-Infante(s) as well as the Argentinian resto just opposite La Plaza, good but not as good). In fact one of the best steaks we have had in a long time. I had mine with the mushroom cream sauce with added garlic - on the side.

Its black Angus Steak is 45Euro for a kilo, so you pay for weight.... we asked for 3x 300g ones approximately. If we want a steak we will now always go there.

Drive to Tavira on the 125, pass the r-about for the shopping ctr.... and just before the bridge on the 125 - exit the 125 (I think you follow the brown sign to Cachopo (sp).) You drop into the valley and turn left for just a bit and you'll find it. Its just under the bridge Tavira direction.

More info:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...a_Algarve.html

Happy noshing!! (for the non-veggies!)

Jon
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat View Post
Will check tomorrow but I think the road you mention branches about 10-15m up the hill. Will report if not.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

I put detailed directions + details when it was called SAOLUPI, now its called LUPI. Anyone that knows how to search the forum in my posts can find it.

Anyway another one :-

We went to a resto I think I may have recommended before on this thread. It was recommended to us by a Portuguese guy in Belgium....

Its just outside Tavira and easy to find off the 125.

“O Ciclista”

However I am repeating it as for the first time we ordered steak there. Its the best steak we have had in the area, the 3 of us that had it all agreed.... (and I include the O-Infante(s) as well as the Argentinian resto just opposite La Plaza, good but not as good). In fact one of the best steaks we have had in a long time. I had mine with the mushroom cream sauce with added garlic - on the side.

Its black Angus Steak is 45Euro for a kilo, so you pay for weight.... we asked for 3x 300g ones approximately. If we want a steak we will now always go there.

Drive to Tavira on the 125, pass the r-about for the shopping ctr.... and just before the bridge on the 125 - exit the 125 (I think you follow the brown sign to Cachopo (sp).) You drop into the valley and turn left for just a bit and you'll find it. Its just under the bridge Tavira direction.

More info:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...a_Algarve.html

Happy noshing!! (for the non-veggies!)

Jon
We endorse that one. Also the parking is good for the motorhome right outside and if we have been out for the day with the dog he can stay inside the van where we can keep an eye on him. The mixed grill is massive and good value!!!
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

We may be in the area early in the New Year and was wondering about Jag's.
I presume it is still closed, but have they opened anywhere else?
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit two years ago and would like to repeat the pleasure.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

Still closed. Not opened up anywhere else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.