Restaurants

Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Near Tavira.
http://www.maplandia.com/portugal/al...a/santa-luzia/

And here's a link to a post on the Portugal forum with the restaurant which Jon mentioned earlier:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=14

Last edited by Carol&John; Sep 9th 2011 at 4:29 pm. Reason: add link
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Ive strapped on my body armour + Dragon Skin + 'manhood protection' for this next post

For those times when 'only a burger will do'... there is a new Burger Ranch fast food resto in VRSA. Come into VRSA on the 125. Pass Pingo Doce on your right. Normally at the next big roundabout (LIDL) you turn left to the M-way. Go straight on. At the next roundabout soon after, turn right. At the GALP gas station* and the resto is next to that

Didnt try it - but its there for those weak moments. Though I will admit to having a cheeseburger at Burger King in Isla Antilla 2 for 4Euros - good deal.... and I have to say I enjoyed it after weeks of more local food. - Sorry -

Jon

*Americanism used as we are talking burgers
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Ive strapped on my body armour + Dragon Skin + 'manhood protection' for this next post

For those times when 'only a burger will do'... there is a new Burger Ranch fast food resto in VRSA. Come into VRSA on the 125. Pass Pingo Doce on your right. Normally at the next big roundabout (LIDL) you turn left to the M-way. Go straight on. At the next roundabout soon after, turn right. At the GALP gas station* and the resto is next to that

Didnt try it - but its there for those weak moments. Though I will admit to having a cheeseburger at Burger King in Isla Antilla 2 for 4Euros - good deal.... and I have to say I enjoyed it after weeks of more local food. - Sorry -

Jon

*Americanism used as we are talking burgers
Ask for a King Ahorra, you get a double burger or Chicken burger, chips and a drink for 3.20€.
They are not on the menu board and usually just a page stuck on an out of site window.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jon, I am not going to get cross with you but when you fancy a Burger I would like to recommend the fresh (pork or beef) ones from Pingo Doce or the fresh pork/beef mix with herbs from Corvo, Castro Marim. Of course you do have to cook them yourself Bryony
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, I am not going to get cross with you but when you fancy a Burger I would like to recommend the fresh (pork or beef) ones from Pingo Doce or the fresh pork/beef mix with herbs from Corvo, Castro Marim. Of course you do have to cook them yourself Bryony
Phew survived that one. Thanks Bryony/JDR for the recommendations for precooked and cooked burgers....I like the idea of the mix with herbs... and you cant go wrong for 3.20 for a double.

I also heard at Burger Ranch you can add a fried egg for 50c on the burger... hmmm like a fried egg on them! Cant get that at Mickey-D's
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Phew survived that one. Thanks Bryony/JDR for the recommendations for precooked and cooked burgers....I like the idea of the mix with herbs... and you cant go wrong for 3.20 for a double.

I also heard at Burger Ranch you can add a fried egg for 50c on the burger... hmmm like a fried egg on them! Cant get that at Mickey-D's

Have you tried the Burgers at CE golfclub they are very good and they do one with a fried egg and you can also have them as 'takeout'. Bryony
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Have you tried the Burgers at CE golfclub they are very good and they do one with a fried egg and you can also have them as 'takeout'. Bryony
Hi Bryony we rarely eat at the club - or have burgers in fact. But I didnt realise they were that good and had eggs on them and could do take out! Learning every day!

We'll give them a go when we are next there for a long visit and after some weeks get a hankering. We now have lots of burger choices and I do fancy grilling the ones you recommend from PD and Corvo on our terrace.

Thanks

Jon

PS I heard the spag-bol was good there too.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bryony we rarely eat at the club - or have burgers in fact. But I didnt realise they were that good and had eggs on them and could do take out! Learning every day!

We'll give them a go when we are next there for a long visit and after some weeks get a hankering. We now have lots of burger choices and I do fancy grilling the ones you recommend from PD and Corvo on our terrace.

Thanks

Jon

You should try the Bacalau-a-Bras it's excellent
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
You should try the Bacalau-a-Bras it's excellent
Blimey... my wife loves Bacalhau a bras.. looks like with all the 'resto exploring' we do, all over the place.... we are missing something great right next door!!!!

Well isnt that life - we search for things that we already have.... if we could only see it!

Wow ... were into philosophy

Thanks....

Plate - o
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Blimey... my wife loves Bacalhau a bras.. looks like with all the 'resto exploring' we do, all over the place.... we are missing something great right next door!!!!

Well isnt that life - we search for things that we already have.... if we could only see it!

Wow ... were into philosophy

Thanks....

Plate - o

They also have a specials menu after 7pm which includes a delicious tuna portuguese style and steak portuguese style which has a , wait for it, fried egg on top. You'll be counting the days until you are back after finding out what you have been missing.

Recently we were going to the Mesa de Cume restaurant in Portugal and when we got there it was closed. Because they didn't want us to have a wasted journey they recommended a place a bit further along the road (which leads eventually back down to Sta Catarina) in a hamlet called something like Bempareis. The restaurant is run by an old couple and is very rustic but the food and views are great ( its like going to your grannies for dinner). The name escapes me but as its the only one there you can't miss it. Bryony
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

keeps is an unknown quantity at this point

whoa! this is my second time on this site ( i only joined yesterday) but i notice there seems to be some bullies in our midst, how odd when we are all members here with one thing in common, what is wrong with some people? stop bullying folks...and enjoy!! sheesh
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keeps
whoa! this is my second time on this site ( i only joined yesterday) but i notice there seems to be some bullies in our midst, how odd when we are all members here with one thing in common, what is wrong with some people? stop bullying folks...and enjoy!! sheesh
Eh? No bullying on this thread AFAIK - maybe a little banter between cyber-friends, the moderators would soon jump on it if there were any. Please elaborate
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

You know pam's not into burgers n stuff like that,never been Mcdonalds(ever),or KFC,but on one visit to CE,she tried a chicken burger from the little kiosk in town,before the taxi rank in the square,and said it was lovely?,not had one myself but mabye worth a try if missing you home treats.

Ken
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh, you've got me completely at a disadvantage, but never mind. I cant see anything here to be upset about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.