Restaurants

Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
The girls at the Golf Club have a number of events organised for both July and August.

They do not have a 'website' as such; only Facebook. But they are happy to e-mail details to anyone who wants to know. Once I receive their e-mail I can either pass it on, or let people have their e-mail address.

S
I wouldn`t post it on here, they may end up getting spammed quite a bit.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks Tony, that could be a good solution.

Andy
We went for Sunday lunch to the Irish Bar in Villamora great value €10 good food "Irish Beef" if you are about I have a bag of stuff for you and can get directions!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
The girls at the Golf Club have a number of events organised for both July and August.

They do not have a 'website' as such; only Facebook. But they are happy to e-mail details to anyone who wants to know. Once I receive their e-mail I can either pass it on, or let people have their e-mail address.

S
Band on this weekend Saturday night I think my social secretary has arranged for us to be there so if you are interested I will confirm date and time.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:26 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Last week we noticed that the Lotita bar in La Lotta street in Ayamonte had closed down for maintenance (another one bites the dust we thought). However on Friday I saw lots of redecorating going on and spotted Gavin, Jags EX partner & chef, with a paint brush in his hand Turns out that he has taken over the bar and is also opening the adjoining resturaunt doing Tapa and snacks during the day and curries etc. in the evening. The bar may already be open again, so good luck Gavin and hope to try your new menu soon
Old Jul 9th 2011, 2:03 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Gavin´s bar will open tonight and the restaurant in about 2 weeks, he will maintain the name La Lotita for the bar and the restaurant will be called El Limonero I believe. Good luck to Gavin & Andrea !
Old Jul 9th 2011, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Band on this weekend Saturday night I think my social secretary has arranged for us to be there so if you are interested I will confirm date and time.
Band are on from eight tonight Club Durado at the CE Golf Clubhouse. €10 and that includes tappas and band.

Sunday evening Jackie wil be singing and playing on the terrace bar of JAGS Grill so this weekend has been very good following T Bag on Friday.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Band are on from eight tonight Club Durado at the CE Golf Clubhouse. €10 and that includes tappas and band.

Sunday evening Jackie wil be singing and playing on the terrace bar of JAGS Grill so this weekend has been very good following T Bag on Friday.
Food was good, beer was goood and group "Ambigo's" were great a blues/rock combo.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Food was good, beer was goood and group "Ambigo's" were great a blues/rock combo.
Yes; really enjoyed the evening.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I stumbled across this whilst roaming around the internet

http://www.montedocasal.com/gourmet-package-2-nights-2

Never tried it, but it looks like a very nice - posh place not far away and this deal looks good... and gets better in low season. Nice, perhaps, for a romantic night out?

Jon
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I stumbled across this whilst roaming around the internet

http://www.montedocasal.com/gourmet-package-2-nights-2

Never tried it, but it looks like a very nice - posh place not far away and this deal looks good... and gets better in low season. Nice, perhaps, for a romantic night out?

Jon
Well I have a reason to maybe try this in late September.

But what about the tolls
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

OK I have had a closer look and there are what I would call sharp practices taking place with their prices.
Below are their prices as displayed when requesting a Classic room for two , slightly bigger than a dog kennel

BEST AVAILABLE RATE--------------------------------- EUR 215.00
Spas by SLH-------------------------------------------EUR 292.50
PACKAGE: SPA Package 2 nights, breakfast per stay-----EUR 588.00
PACKAGE: GOURMET 2 NIGHT PACKAGE per stay--------- EUR 612.00

The first two good looking prices are per person, whilst the other two are for two persons. But this is not obviously apparent and why price the room in two different ways when the booking request was for a two person booking

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jul 23rd 2011 at 5:05 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:28 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
OK I have had a closer look and there are what I would call sharp practices taking place with their prices.
Below are their prices as displayed when requesting a Classic room for two , slightly bigger than a dog kennel

BEST AVAILABLE RATE--------------------------------- EUR 215.00
Spas by SLH-------------------------------------------EUR 292.50
PACKAGE: SPA Package 2 nights, breakfast per stay-----EUR 588.00
PACKAGE: GOURMET 2 NIGHT PACKAGE per stay--------- EUR 612.00

The first two good looking prices are per person, whilst the other two are for two persons. But this is not obviously apparent and why price the room in two different ways when the booking request was for a two person booking
Wow Fred you did more research than I did. I looked at the headline rate in low season and for around 209-255 one gets 2 nights B+B and 300 Euros of resto credit that includes the wine. Its still expensive - but its a posh hotel (so it seems).. so for 400-500 per couple you get 300 Euros of food 'thrown in' and 2 nights. A lot to pay but maybe for a special occasion?

But I didnt do more checking than that, just a skim through the deal - and I'd never heard of the hotel before, so I wasnt recommending it - just sharing the deal.

One to maybe think more than twice about maybe....

Jon
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Jon

Most years around the end of September I seem to have a wedding anniversary and often pop over to Portugal at that time. Gives me a holiday and keeps Mrs Fred quiet

Therefore I was considering that this hotel might be an option.

So I entered my dates, 2 nights and it comes up with €215 not a bad price for this type of hotel, and with the €300 free food even better.

I then read the small print etc and find that the €215 is per person so it now costs €430 getting a bit pricy, then I read on and the gourmet package is €612 and the small print does not mention that you get the €300 food.

I think we will be staying in a Pousada
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:22 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi Jon

Most years around the end of September I seem to have a wedding anniversary and often pop over to Portugal at that time. Gives me a holiday and keeps Mrs Fred quiet

Therefore I was considering that this hotel might be an option.

So I entered my dates, 2 nights and it comes up with €215 not a bad price for this type of hotel, and with the €300 free food even better.

I then read the small print etc and find that the €215 is per person so it now costs €430 getting a bit pricy, then I read on and the gourmet package is €612 and the small print does not mention that you get the €300 food.

I think we will be staying in a Pousada
Hi Fred, Yes sounds well OTT

However another skim through the internet gave me this

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a_Algarve.html

Seems to get lots of good reviews as does Herdade da Corte in Tavira. I have my sister coming over and was researching places for a romantic night with her partner... still looking though

We havent tried either Paradors or Pousadas yet - something for a special occasion..

If you find somewhere really nice, please let us know...

Thanks

Jon
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Jon

We are fans of both Pousadas http://www.pousadas.pt/historic-hote...directory.aspx and Paradores http://www.parador.es/en/portal.do

A good site for information is http://www.manorhouses.com/

We used this for our first Pousada booking but now book direct although the prices are generally the same.

The trick is too look for the offers, being old there are plenty of deals if you book out of season, but do check out all the booking options as say going for the Golden days offer can at times be more expensive than other offers.

Also food in these places can be expensive with a limited menu.

I prefer to book places that are in or near towns so one has a choice of eateries.

Ayamonte we walk into town for an evening meal and taxi back, sometimes we go to the La Plaza shopping center for breakfast at a couple of € against the in house price of €16.

Sagres has excellent restaurants within metres of the Pousada

We visited the Pousada at Tavira without staying there but we were not too impressed we like places with balconies and views.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.