British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Restaurants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/restaurants-617758/)

Carol&John Jul 2nd 2009 7:29 am

Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Sharon B (Post 7714696)
I thought I would start a new thread on restaurants in Ayamonte. Since we seem to be going off topic on all the other threads about good places to eat.

I will start off with the new Chinese that opened this week in Ayamonte, the only Chinese in the centre of town may I add. Called the "Asiatico" or something just as original!!

Has El Cocedero shut?

Ears332205 Jul 2nd 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 7717197)
We were in Ayamonte 3 weeks ago and saw an advert for Noosh so thought we would give it a try.

When we found it mid evening it was deserted whilst others in the area were thriving, decided to give it a miss.

I have always found Noosh to be hit and miss......but the owner always puts me off they way he hangs about and orders the staff about

iant Jul 2nd 2009 3:56 pm

For what its worth, over a period of 10 years or so we have tried most of the restaurants in Ayamonte and the surrounding area and the one we always go back to, for reliable quality and friendly management, is El Estadio, just around the corner of the first street off to the right passed the Guardia Civil barracks, as you come into the town.
iant

MikeJ Jul 2nd 2009 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ears332205 (Post 7717314)
I have always found Noosh to be hit and miss......but the owner always puts me off they way he hangs about and orders the staff about

I thought is was just us. We found the food Ok but the owner really creepy. Someone ought to have a word in his shell-like.

EsuriJohn Jul 2nd 2009 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by iant (Post 7717483)
For what its worth, over a period of 10 years or so we have tried most of the restaurants in Ayamonte and the surrounding area and the one we always go back to, for reliable quality and friendly management, is El Estadio, just around the corner of the first street off to the right passed the Guardia Civil barracks, as you come into the town.
iant

They do a great "builders lunch" on Fridays for about €7

Jur Jul 2nd 2009 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia (Post 7715908)
Sharon,

For those of you who enjoy meat a la brasa, Casa Joaquin in a small village just outside Pozo del Camino is great (take the right after Pozo as you head for Isla Cristina). At peak times it is difficult to get a seat but the food is very good. Not a great place for vegitarians it has to be said - chips, salad, papas arugas (not sure about the spelling) and that's about it. Very popular with the locals and with the tiles it can get quite loud. If you go try a jug (E1.50) or half jug of the house wine called 'mosto'! Cost is middle of the road. The local refer to it as 'El Colesterol'.

George

Did it re-open? Last I heard is that it´s closed....

Went there once a few years back and enjoyed the various meats a lot!

Jur Jul 2nd 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ayamontino (Post 7716384)
The pimple happens to be the most visited thread this forum has ever seen, hence the need to create a sub-forum for the mere pimple.

The reason the OP limited it to Ayamonte, I'm guessing, is because it is about Ayamonte restaurants under the Ayamonte sub-forum. Get with it and keep the subject on topic.

If you want to talk about restaurants in Isla Cristina why don't you start a thread in the Spain forum?

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Ayamontino (Post 7716388)
Must agree with you Sharon, very disappointing.

:thumbsup:

George & Rosalia Jul 2nd 2009 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 7717685)
Did it re-open? Last I heard is that it´s closed....

Went there once a few years back and enjoyed the various meats a lot!

I hope not.. will let you know when I go back end-July..

Sharon B Jul 3rd 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia (Post 7715908)
Sharon,

For those of you who enjoy meat a la brasa, Casa Joaquin in a small village just outside Pozo del Camino is great (take the right after Pozo as you head for Isla Cristina). At peak times it is difficult to get a seat but the food is very good. Not a great place for vegitarians it has to be said - chips, salad, papas arugas (not sure about the spelling) and that's about it. Very popular with the locals and with the tiles it can get quite loud. If you go try a jug (E1.50) or half jug of the house wine called 'mosto'! Cost is middle of the road. The local refer to it as 'El Colesterol'.

George

Thanks for the recommendation, this is what the thread is about sharing information about the area.:thumbup:

Sharon B Jul 3rd 2009 11:25 am

If anyone is interested there is a new pizzeria opening soon in Lotita Square. It will be run by a Lebanese gentleman from Portugal who already runs a couple of pizzerias in Vila Real and in Faro. So hopefully he can do better then the other cheese on toast establishments around here. How hard can it be to provide decent pizzas?!!

Fred James Jul 3rd 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Sharon B (Post 7719470)
Thanks for the recommendation, this is what the thread is about sharing information about the area.:thumbup:

Absolutely, and you made the right decision to start a new thread specifically about restaurants rather than bury it in the "chat" thread.

What you have done is create an ongoing thread on a very specific topic that can be added to continually and easily searched by new members.

I hope we see more topics like this one.

Fortaleza Jul 3rd 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 7720038)
Absolutely, and you made the right decision to start a new thread specifically about restaurants rather than bury it in the "chat" thread.

What you have done is create an ongoing thread on a very specific topic that can be added to continually and easily searched by new members.

Here, here.

Let's hope these lot get it and start making an area (that you guys have provided) that can benefit everyone and not just the same clique.

Jon-Bxl Jul 4th 2009 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 7720038)

Fred I understand what you are trying to do, and thank you for the effort in setting up a new thread - or sending a message on usage of the forum+threads etc.

But I for one, and many that I know, like the 'general' thread. It often happens in product development that the real-life usage of a product isnt what the designers intended.

The sheer level of usage of the main thread, means that people are 'voting' for it, effectively.

Sure it causes issues of searching etc, and invalidates what you are kindly trying to set up - but I am a fan of it and like it and use it a lot.

So I dont get annoyed when some people criticise it, they have a different way of thinking than me, and MANY of the people that like it too. The figures speak for themselves.

However this forum caters for both people, those like me that really enjoy the general thread, and those that want more specific threads - like this one on restaurants.

You will see me for the majority of my posts on the main thread - and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the efforts and giving us a choice...

Jon

EsuriJohn Jul 4th 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Carol&John (Post 7717270)
Has El Cocedero shut?

Don't know not been recently

GerryW Jul 4th 2009 11:01 am

Specific thread - gets my vote! Thx.