Restaurants

Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jur
AAAHHHHA! Got it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO8DO#Motto

"Carruajes"NO8DO is the official motto and one of the many legends of Seville. The legend has left its very tangible mark throughout the city as NO8DO can be seen on landmarks ranging from the common bike rack, the caps of the municipal sewer and water system, ordinary sidewalks, buses, taxis, monuments, even Christopher Columbus’s tomb. The motto of Seville is a visible presence of which any visitor is sure to take note.

The motto is a rebus, combining the Spanish syllables (NO and DO) and a drawing in between–the figure “8.” The figure represents a skein of yarn, or in Spanish, a “madeja.” When read aloud, “No madeja do” sounds like “No me ha dejado,” which means “It [Seville] has not abandoned me.”

The story as to how NO8DO arrived at being the motto of the city has undoubtedly been embroidered throughout the centuries, but legend has it that after the “Reconquest” of Seville from the Muslims in 1248, King Fernando III, El Santo, King of Castilla and León moved his court to the former Muslim palace, the Alcázar of Seville.

After San Fernando’s death in the Real Alcázar, his son, Alfonso X, “The Wise,” assumed the throne. Alfonso X was a scholar king, hence his title. He was a poet, astronomer, astrologer, musician and linguist. Alfonso’s son, Sancho IV of Castile, tried to usurp the throne from his father, but the people of Seville remained loyal to their scholar king and this is where NO8DO was believed to have originated when, according to legend, Alfonso X rewarded the fidelity of the “Sevillanos” with the words that now appear on the official emblem of the city of Seville."
It has also been interpreted as "She will not let me down" which we saw in Sevilla on the day we signed for our plot and we thought it an appropriate name for our house but we have since heard that it was often used by Franco as a motto for his party so we are not sure that it is any longer a "proper" name for our little abode in Spain!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Yeah, food!!!!

Any word on the new steakhouse yet?
Do you mean Jags Bistro at Esuri?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by olivia
Do you know. Are they getting many players? There are better deals advertised for it here in the U.K. but you pay up here. If it is pouring down and the course is open you play or loose your money. This was the case when we visited and four English blokes were going out in torrential rain!!!
However this thread is about restaurants and I am interested in your NEW good find in Ayamonte?
We have not yet taken our peer review team so do not want to raise false hopes on just 2 visits but I must say it shows great potential.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We have not yet taken our peer review team so do not want to raise false hopes on just 2 visits but I must say it shows great potential.
A good venue in Ayamonte now that Jag/Gavin have decamped to Esuri and left us with Fish & Chips should do well. More info please ASAP
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:13 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you mean Jags Bistro at Esuri?
I thought it was going to be called Jag And Gavin´s Club.

No, I think that one has had enough free advertising. I´m talking about the Atlantic steakhouse on Isla Canela next to the old Ja´s bar. Not sure if it´s open yet so I was wondering if anyone´s been.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:02 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
Not sure if this was already posted, Nicole & Sergio from Garcias Bistro (Formerly La Bretagne) joined forces with Phillipe (Former owner of La Bretagne ) and opened a restaurant at Galeço park in Cacela Nova in Portugal, It´s a nice place with a pool & terrace and if anyone remember´s Phillipe´s "chicken a la chef" it´s worth a visit!
I've not been to Caleca Nova before - what signs would I follow when I go over the bridge?

S
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jur
I thought it was going to be called Jag And Gavin´s Club.

No, I think that one has had enough free advertising. I´m talking about the Atlantic steakhouse on Isla Canela next to the old Ja´s bar. Not sure if it´s open yet so I was wondering if anyone´s been.
Didn't see it when we were down there last week but there did seem to be some building work going on down at that end when we had coffee at La Cabra.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 1st 2010 at 8:33 am.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Didn't see it when we were down there last week but there did seem to be some building work going on down at that end when we had coffee at La Cabra.
Have you tried going into the Hotel Barcelo for lunch? We did last time we were there. Not sure if it was an out of season price but it was amazing value.
7euros each! self service buffet style 3 courses and self service wine too. Only slight problem! I think it was Spains answer to Saga and one needs to be a pensioner to fit in.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know. Are they getting many players? There are better deals advertised for it here in the U.K. but you pay up here. If it is pouring down and the course is open you play or loose your money. This was the case when we visited and four English blokes were going out in torrential rain!!!
However this thread is about restaurants and I am interested in your NEW good find in Ayamonte?
You can get much cheaper deals than 190 euros in the winter. We played in February (birthday treat) and the course was quite busy (though less so once 2 very polite & friendly Dutch fourballs had let us through!).
You don't have to play in the rain if you don't want to. We had originally booked for late January and it was pouring with rain when we arrived, so they gave us a "rain check voucher" which you can use at any time within the enxt 12 months. The only catch is that if you play in peak time, you pay peak prices.
Worth playing, even if only once. It's the best course we have ever played on, anywhere - I can quite see why it's now rated no. 1 in Portugal and no.10 in Europe.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:30 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by tednsharon
I've not been to Caleca Nova before - what signs would I follow when I go over the bridge?

S
Hi, this is the link from Google maps: http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&tab=wl

Basically, highway direction Faro, exit Monte Gordo/Altura, the just follow the signs on the EN125
Old Apr 1st 2010, 5:50 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi, this is the link from Google maps: http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&tab=wl

Basically, highway direction Faro, exit Monte Gordo/Altura, the just follow the signs on the EN125
thank you - will try to find it next week when we come over
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Not sure if this was already posted, Nicole & Sergio from Garcias Bistro (Formerly La Bretagne) joined forces with Phillipe (Former owner of La Bretagne ) and opened a restaurant at Galeço park in Cacela Nova in Portugal, It´s a nice place with a pool & terrace and if anyone remember´s Phillipe´s "chicken a la chef" it´s worth a visit!
Talking to Phillipe this morning and he is only working there not a part owner. Bryony
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:17 pm
Jur

Well, call the press!

Bloody hell, can´t say anything can I? Joining forces is working together in my book.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Have you tried going into the Hotel Barcelo for lunch? We did last time we were there. Not sure if it was an out of season price but it was amazing value.
7euros each! self service buffet style 3 courses and self service wine too. Only slight problem! I think it was Spains answer to Saga and one needs to be a pensioner to fit in.

Olivia shush,

we were not supposed to tell anyone.
can agree though it was very good value and good food too.

Sue
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

I know we are friends before anyone shoots me down,but the thread is about restaurants we go to so,

went to calico park yesterday for lunch,
my 2 really enjoyed the combo to share starter.

Enjoyed our drinks on the terrace overlooking the pool to the sea.
my son had a game of pool, table tennis (the 1e charge goes to animal sanctuary) and darts. That kept him occupied.There is a football game as well. Some children were even enjoying the swimming pool brrrr

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.