Restaurants

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

My message got deleted.

I am excited about this news. We have had so many problems for years that to have GOOD NEWS is a real relief

I thought this info was relevant on more than one thread - but here you can find it.

The information is on this new thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650607

And the post

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...15#post8275415

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 23rd 2010 at 3:05 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:32 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck to Jag & Gavin.

Anyone remembers Joao, The Portuguese cook from The Outback Inn? He has his own place now, called "Bar Guadiana". Heard good stories about the bbq-ed meat ánd his prices, but haven´t been myself. His place is a little bit up the road towards La Villa, just past the San Francisco church. I can recommend the coffee though...

(No comercial ties BTW.)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Hi All Esurians
Just visited Jags for a Sunday lunch treat after church parade. This was the first visit for 3 months and the first of the new season Sunday lunch menu.
It was Fabulous! As we have come to expect, my beef stroganoff and Kath’s roast pork with crackling were just perfect!
Now the really good news Jags proposed new restaurant/club at Costa Esuri is on track to open for Easter and there may be more exciting things to come in addition to the Sports Bar, Terrace Breakfast/Snack Bar, Restaurant and swimming pool.
To introduce these to everyone Jag and Gavin are holding a roll up open day next Saturday Feb 6th between 1.0pm and 5.0pm at the club
We think this could just be the first chink of light for Costa Esuri after the debacle of the MF liquidation stopped the hotel and commercial center dead and left no alternative to the Golf Clubhouse for a drink or snack. We are promised that closing time will be later than 9.30pm on weekdays and that football matches will show both halves and extra time before the plug is pulled.
The re-opened shop on Lomas is good and certainly the cheapest beer in Ayamonte with a view to die for from the terrace on a warm day but is a bit bleak at this time of year.
Hope to see all our friends next Saturday and we can find out if this new promise is as good as it seems.
Regards,
John.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:46 pm
Jur

Not sure if this was already posted, Nicole & Sergio from Garcias Bistro (Formerly La Bretagne) joined forces with Phillipe (Former owner of La Bretagne ) and opened a restaurant at Galeço park in Cacela Nova in Portugal, It´s a nice place with a pool & terrace and if anyone remember´s Phillipe´s "chicken a la chef" it´s worth a visit!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Not sure if this was already posted, Nicole & Sergio from Garcias Bistro (Formerly La Bretagne) joined forces with Phillipe (Former owner of La Bretagne ) and opened a restaurant at Galeço park in Cacela Nova in Portugal, It´s a nice place with a pool & terrace and if anyone remember´s Phillipe´s "chicken a la chef" it´s worth a visit!
That must be on the doorstep of the poshest Golf Course on the Algarve?
Monte Rae? We took a look at it and yes it is truly magnificent! decided we would have to go away and practice a bit more before we could venture onto that course!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Monte Rae? We took a look at it and yes it is truly magnificent! decided we would have to go away and practice a bit more before we could venture onto that course!
Are you sure you can afford it? We have found a new restraunt riight in the centre of Ayamonte and it must be the best value in town for a full 3 course menu of the day and the food is really good and the style very french haute cuisine!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:11 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Are you sure you can afford it? We have found a new restraunt riight in the centre of Ayamonte and it must be the best value in town for a full 3 course menu of the day and the food is really good and the style very french haute cuisine!
What is the name of the place and where is it?

Can I ask something about your avatar? What does it mean, can it be that I have seen it somewhere? I think on a plaque at the Torre del Oro in Seville, or does it have something to do with the catholic church?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Not sure I understand you! afford what?
Don't think our level of golf could justify the price of the golf at Monte Rae! Haven't priced the menu at the clubhouse. Is it just as expensive?
So where is this value 3 course menu del dia?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:14 pm
Jur

Sorry, Not sure about golf courses (I´m a snowboarder/sailor/inlineskater/moviebuff not a golfer), but Caleço park is fairly easy to find, it´s well indicated when you drive through Cacela Nova.

Last edited by Jur; Mar 31st 2010 at 8:28 pm. Reason: showing off
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jur
What is the name of the place and where is it?

Can I ask something about your avatar? What does it mean, can it be that I have seen it somewhere? I think on a plaque at the Torre del Oro in Seville, or does it have something to do with the catholic church?
Look at the cast iron man hole covers in Sevilla and one rogue one in Ayamonte!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure I understand you! afford what?
Don't think our level of golf could justify the price of the golf at Monte Rae! Haven't priced the menu at the clubhouse. Is it just as expensive?
So where is this value 3 course menu del dia?
The golf 190 euro for a round that includes a buggy!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:19 pm
Jur

Look at the cast iron man hole covers in Sevilla and one rogue one in Ayamonte!
Are you sending me on a quest? Where in Ayamonte? (I feel like Dan Brown´s Robert Langdon now)

Last edited by Jur; Mar 31st 2010 at 8:27 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:26 pm
Jur

AAAHHHHA! Got it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO8DO#Motto

"Carruajes"NO8DO is the official motto and one of the many legends of Seville. The legend has left its very tangible mark throughout the city as NO8DO can be seen on landmarks ranging from the common bike rack, the caps of the municipal sewer and water system, ordinary sidewalks, buses, taxis, monuments, even Christopher Columbus’s tomb. The motto of Seville is a visible presence of which any visitor is sure to take note.

The motto is a rebus, combining the Spanish syllables (NO and DO) and a drawing in between–the figure “8.” The figure represents a skein of yarn, or in Spanish, a “madeja.” When read aloud, “No madeja do” sounds like “No me ha dejado,” which means “It [Seville] has not abandoned me.”

The story as to how NO8DO arrived at being the motto of the city has undoubtedly been embroidered throughout the centuries, but legend has it that after the “Reconquest” of Seville from the Muslims in 1248, King Fernando III, El Santo, King of Castilla and León moved his court to the former Muslim palace, the Alcázar of Seville.

After San Fernando’s death in the Real Alcázar, his son, Alfonso X, “The Wise,” assumed the throne. Alfonso X was a scholar king, hence his title. He was a poet, astronomer, astrologer, musician and linguist. Alfonso’s son, Sancho IV of Castile, tried to usurp the throne from his father, but the people of Seville remained loyal to their scholar king and this is where NO8DO was believed to have originated when, according to legend, Alfonso X rewarded the fidelity of the “Sevillanos” with the words that now appear on the official emblem of the city of Seville."
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The golf 190 euro for a round that includes a buggy!
Do you know. Are they getting many players? There are better deals advertised for it here in the U.K. but you pay up here. If it is pouring down and the course is open you play or loose your money. This was the case when we visited and four English blokes were going out in torrential rain!!!
However this thread is about restaurants and I am interested in your NEW good find in Ayamonte?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:29 pm
Jur

Yeah, food!!!!

Any word on the new steakhouse yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.