Restaurants

Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

valrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restaurants

If you take the ferry across to Portugal, turn left, walk until you come to a big blue building facing the river. I think it is called Restauranr Ang, Porto de Recreio do Guardiana. Smart inside, great service. I had cod , house style, beautiful, white and moist. My friend had monkfish and prawn on a skewer. Best she has ever tasted. Several different flavoured bread rolls, baked on the premises,along with goats cheese on the table. A good quality white wine, large bottled water and a free drink (almond liqueur) .They even make their own crisps. The bill came to 42€, which for a great meal out was excellent value. We also enjoy Luiz, (value for money) and Jags, expensive, but good food.
We eat out a lot and this was a lovely surprprise.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by valrose View Post
If you take the ferry across to Portugal, turn left, walk until you come to a big blue building facing the river. I think it is called Restauranr Ang, Porto de Recreio do Guardiana. Smart inside, great service. I had cod , house style, beautiful, white and moist. My friend had monkfish and prawn on a skewer. Best she has ever tasted. Several different flavoured bread rolls, baked on the premises,along with goats cheese on the table. A good quality white wine, large bottled water and a free drink (almond liqueur) .They even make their own crisps. The bill came to 42€, which for a great meal out was excellent value. We also enjoy Luiz, (value for money) and Jags, expensive, but good food.
We eat out a lot and this was a lovely surprprise.
Hi, I think you are talking about the Naval Association building (especially as you mention the homemade crisps). This was one of the first restaurants we visited in this area and we love it. Everytime we have visitors this is one of the places we take them to. Of all the things on the menu my personal favourite is the chefs special Iberian Pork. It is served with a mustard sauce, grilled peppers, chorizo and those wonderful crisps. In fact my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Regards Bryony
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Lush is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finishing a week in Ayamonte and have had a fab lunch at Lotitas and the girlies were good fun as always. Highly reccomend the chicken, bacon and mayo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum!

They have been having card nights which I have heard are an alternative fun night out but will have to wait for our next visit out before we can join in. Cosy atmosphere and a giggle with the girls and they have WiFi.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Myself and 3 friends got back from CE last Wednesday after a week there. We ate out most nights at a variety of places including Jags, Bodeguita, Asiatico and the new Italian place in La lota Square.
We could not complain about any meal but would definitely recommend Asiatico and Bodeguita in particular.
Bodeguita had a guest French Chef on for 3 days and they were doing a 5 course French menu for 30 euro or you could have a part of the menu. It was not cheap but for the quality of food it was reasonable value. We heard they are thinking of having these menus from other countries once a month.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

hellsrogers will become famous soon enoughhellsrogers will become famous soon enough

Hi

Please can you let me know where Bodeguita is. We are out in a couple of weeks and struggle for better quality restaurants

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hellsrogers View Post
Hi

Please can you let me know where Bodeguita is. We are out in a couple of weeks and struggle for better quality restaurants

Thanks
Bodeguita is opposite Lotitas bar in La Lota square, on the same side as La Ganza pizzeria.

Phillippe who cooked at the French cuisine weekend actually used to run the now called Garcias in Canela, in days gone by. Great guy and good cook.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hellsrogers View Post
Hi

Thanks
You could do worse than try the house red if you have a meal there

Last edited by chrismortley; Nov 17th 2009 at 11:21 am.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrismortley View Post
Yes, their house red is lovely. I do remember sharing a bottle or two!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sharon B View Post
Yes, their house red is lovely. I do remember sharing a bottle or two!!
If you decided to venture down to Garcias I can also strongly recommend their house red
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you decided to venture down to Garcias I can also strongly recommend their house red
But as long as it was the red wine only!! And it is a distance to venture just for a drink!!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

laslopeady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Does anybody know what, if any Restaurants are open Christmas day?
ta
Laslo Peady
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharon B View Post
But as long as it was the red wine only!! And it is a distance to venture just for a drink!!
Point taken Sharon
It's along slap just for a bottle of plonk, but as we are located in Isla Canela Marina the journey home only takes a couple of minutes even allowing for the wobble back if I have had one to many
Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; Nov 17th 2009 at 2:33 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by laslopeady View Post
Hi All
ta
Laslo Peady
Funnily enough I am just checking this out at the moment for friends who are thinking about spending their first Christmas in Esuri. I will investigate and try out the house red at some Ayamonte restaurants while I am enquiring (an important factor for research purposes of course!!) and will post back eventually!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Can also recommend the house wine - as well as the Sollomillo - a HUGE steak!!

Take a look at the attached photos, you'll have a laugh, they are of the closest resto to CE, Maestre Romulo aka 'Luis's' just across the bridge. If you want directions Ive posted them a couple of times - just search on my name and e.g 'Romulo'

For those that dont know Mon-Sat lunchtime 3 course menu with wine 7:50 - we go a lot as its hardly more expensive than cooking at home and far more choice. He has a slogan that you'll find funny if you dont know it already... on the whiteboard of the 2nd photo

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-louis.jpg   Restaurants-louis-2-.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by laslopeady View Post
Hi All
ta
Laslo Peady
So far the only one that I know of in Ayamonte that is open is Jags http://www.jagsbistro.com/. However, if you try further afield Castro Marim Golf Club is an alternative, I couldn't find the link but was about €75 per head for the Christmas lunch.

P.S. House red at Jags was very tasty and there was a good range of wines for the discerning ones amongst you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.