Restaurants

Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
I stumbled across Restaurante La Rana in Barriada last month and was very impressed. It doesnt look much from the outside but the inside was surprisingly nice, the food was good and Rana, the owner was absolutely brilliant. WELL WORTH A VISIT!!
Quite agree, we have been there several times and love it. Regards Bryony.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Quite agree, we have been there several times and love it. Regards Bryony.
Sounds good so where is it then?,over next week for a fortnight and will be eating out lots and lots!!.

Ken.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Sounds good so where is it then?,over next week for a fortnight and will be eating out lots and lots!!.

Ken.
My sense of direction is notoriously bad, but here goes.Turn left at the roundabout in Ayamonte as if you are going to Isla Canela. Keep going and go over the bridge (near the roundabout ith the sail sculpture / artwork) turn right and La Rana is down there beside the creek. We have been there a few times for lunch and the food was delicious. First time I ever had octopus was there!

Pat
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
My sense of direction is notoriously bad, but here goes.Turn left at the roundabout in Ayamonte as if you are going to Isla Canela. Keep going and go over the bridge (near the roundabout ith the sail sculpture / artwork) turn right and La Rana is down there beside the creek. We have been there a few times for lunch and the food was delicious. First time I ever had octopus was there!

Pat
Think i've got your gist,there is an old church over that way set on its own?,will give it a try next week,cheers.

Ken.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:21 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks for going to all that trouble... looks like its a place to go to in Spring / Autumn. So its not too hot for a post-lunch walk - before that 45 min drive back.

Well worth checking, agreed. Thanks again
Jon
Went to this restaurant at the weekend. The owner has a range of walks you can do from a 1 hour to several hours. We arrived admired the fab view, had a coffee, did the one hour walk and then had a wonderful lunch. Well worth the drive - about half an hour from Tavira. Was a cloudy day, but attached is a picture of the view - does not do it justice. Reckon it is worth the drive just for the food, but walks and views make it even better.
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-img_0029.jpg  
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by miacat
Went to this restaurant at the weekend. The owner has a range of walks you can do from a 1 hour to several hours. We arrived admired the fab view, had a coffee, did the one hour walk and then had a wonderful lunch. Well worth the drive - about half an hour from Tavira. Was a cloudy day, but attached is a picture of the view - does not do it justice. Reckon it is worth the drive just for the food, but walks and views make it even better.
We intend to do this trip. What footwear is needed for the 1 hour walk?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:12 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by olivia
We intend to do this trip. What footwear is needed for the 1 hour walk?
I had walking shoes but other half had trainers and it was fine. Mostly cart tracks but just a couple of slight hills that you could slip on, but mostly a really easy walk. Fig trees on the way. The path is marked out with yellow dots but the start is shared with one of the longer walks so you need to take care or you could end up walking miles!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by miacat
I had walking shoes but other half had trainers and it was fine. Mostly cart tracks but just a couple of slight hills that you could slip on, but mostly a really easy walk. Fig trees on the way. The path is marked out with yellow dots but the start is shared with one of the longer walks so you need to take care or you could end up walking miles!
thanks for that info. I will pack trainers. We regularly arrive somewhere where there looks to be a lovely walk. I look down and am wearing flip flops! Mens footwear is always robust enough isn't it?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:49 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
Are you obsessed or something? Have we been talking too much about other restaurants? Why don´t you contact them through their website, I´m sure you know how to find it.
no more than you plug your bikes I think! and its one thing to stand by what you say but rude is still rude
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:40 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by V.S
no more than you plug your bikes I think! and its one thing to stand by what you say but rude is still rude
Hi! Welcome to the forum! What does V.S. stand for?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:09 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi! Welcome to the forum! What does V.S. stand for?
Very Sharp !
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:05 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by V.S
Very Sharp !
I see. You´re one of those who´s hiding behind a computerscreen attacking me in your first post. I think you´re Very Sad.....

You live here? Got any restaurants to recommend?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:51 pm
V.S
Joined a short while ago

Originally Posted by Jur
I see. You´re one of those who´s hiding behind a computerscreen attacking me in your first post. I think you´re Very Sad.....

You live here? Got any restaurants to recommend?
Clearly I am not the one “attacking”. Is it only me you want to use my church given name or is it all the other nick named users that you object too? I personally think that there should be room to freely advertise any business, be it connected to you or not. There are plenty of people who clearly are not connected with businesses and some who seem to be, all recommending things for their own reason, be it financial or pure enjoyment. I don’t understand why some seem to think it is ok for one person to promote their wears yet not another, and this is what upsets me-
And yes I do live here and I do have restaurants I would recommend, as do we all. I also have many other things I would recommend, such as practicing good will to ALL. Any new business in these hard times should be helped and encouraged, yours included!! As they are all services to OUR community and have families to feed behind them. We should take every opportunity to help other striving, floundering and flourishing businesses rather than wasting negative energy on needless gibes. We all have our own opinion and are entitled to voice them, but I think when on a public forum run in a friendly manor then a friendly positive manor should be adopted. You have my public apologies if my comment hurt you, but I feel if you are happy to promote your work then be happy for others to do the same
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:51 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
I stumbled across Restaurante La Rana in Barriada last month and was very impressed. It doesnt look much from the outside but the inside was surprisingly nice, the food was good and Rana, the owner was absolutely brilliant. WELL WORTH A VISIT!!
Rana means frog, The owner is called Ana. It´s our favourite restaurant, well found, Geezer.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:53 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by V.S
Clearly I am not the one “attacking”. Is it only me you want to use my church given name or is it all the other nick named users that you object too? I personally think that there should be room to freely advertise any business, be it connected to you or not. There are plenty of people who clearly are not connected with businesses and some who seem to be, all recommending things for their own reason, be it financial or pure enjoyment. I don’t understand why some seem to think it is ok for one person to promote their wears yet not another, and this is what upsets me-
And yes I do live here and I do have restaurants I would recommend, as do we all. I also have many other things I would recommend, such as practicing good will to ALL. Any new business in these hard times should be helped and encouraged, yours included!! As they are all services to OUR community and have families to feed behind them. We should take every opportunity to help other striving, floundering and flourishing businesses rather than wasting negative energy on needless gibes. We all have our own opinion and are entitled to voice them, but I think when on a public forum run in a friendly manor then a friendly positive manor should be adopted. You have my public apologies if my comment hurt you, but I feel if you are happy to promote your work then be happy for others to do the same
But who are you then, do you have a business too?

Oh, and I have nothing against Jag´s venture, I do have something against hypocrits. Hypocriticals.

I don´t mean anyone here, don´t mean to be rude ALL the time.

Last edited by Jur; Jun 17th 2010 at 9:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.