Restaurants

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Sharon B
I thought I would start a new thread on restaurants in Ayamonte. Since we seem to be going off topic on all the other threads about good places to eat.

I will start off with the new Chinese that opened this week in Ayamonte, the only Chinese in the centre of town may I add. Called the "Asiatico" or something just as original!!

Has El Cocedero shut?
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
We were in Ayamonte 3 weeks ago and saw an advert for Noosh so thought we would give it a try.

When we found it mid evening it was deserted whilst others in the area were thriving, decided to give it a miss.

I have always found Noosh to be hit and miss......but the owner always puts me off they way he hangs about and orders the staff about
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

For what its worth, over a period of 10 years or so we have tried most of the restaurants in Ayamonte and the surrounding area and the one we always go back to, for reliable quality and friendly management, is El Estadio, just around the corner of the first street off to the right passed the Guardia Civil barracks, as you come into the town.
iant
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ears332205
I have always found Noosh to be hit and miss......but the owner always puts me off they way he hangs about and orders the staff about
I thought is was just us. We found the food Ok but the owner really creepy. Someone ought to have a word in his shell-like.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by iant
For what its worth, over a period of 10 years or so we have tried most of the restaurants in Ayamonte and the surrounding area and the one we always go back to, for reliable quality and friendly management, is El Estadio, just around the corner of the first street off to the right passed the Guardia Civil barracks, as you come into the town.
iant
They do a great "builders lunch" on Fridays for about €7
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:21 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Sharon,

For those of you who enjoy meat a la brasa, Casa Joaquin in a small village just outside Pozo del Camino is great (take the right after Pozo as you head for Isla Cristina). At peak times it is difficult to get a seat but the food is very good. Not a great place for vegitarians it has to be said - chips, salad, papas arugas (not sure about the spelling) and that's about it. Very popular with the locals and with the tiles it can get quite loud. If you go try a jug (E1.50) or half jug of the house wine called 'mosto'! Cost is middle of the road. The local refer to it as 'El Colesterol'.

George
Did it re-open? Last I heard is that it´s closed....

Went there once a few years back and enjoyed the various meats a lot!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:25 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
The pimple happens to be the most visited thread this forum has ever seen, hence the need to create a sub-forum for the mere pimple.

The reason the OP limited it to Ayamonte, I'm guessing, is because it is about Ayamonte restaurants under the Ayamonte sub-forum. Get with it and keep the subject on topic.

If you want to talk about restaurants in Isla Cristina why don't you start a thread in the Spain forum?

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
Must agree with you Sharon, very disappointing.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur
Did it re-open? Last I heard is that it´s closed....

Went there once a few years back and enjoyed the various meats a lot!
I hope not.. will let you know when I go back end-July..
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Sharon,

For those of you who enjoy meat a la brasa, Casa Joaquin in a small village just outside Pozo del Camino is great (take the right after Pozo as you head for Isla Cristina). At peak times it is difficult to get a seat but the food is very good. Not a great place for vegitarians it has to be said - chips, salad, papas arugas (not sure about the spelling) and that's about it. Very popular with the locals and with the tiles it can get quite loud. If you go try a jug (E1.50) or half jug of the house wine called 'mosto'! Cost is middle of the road. The local refer to it as 'El Colesterol'.

George
Thanks for the recommendation, this is what the thread is about sharing information about the area.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

If anyone is interested there is a new pizzeria opening soon in Lotita Square. It will be run by a Lebanese gentleman from Portugal who already runs a couple of pizzerias in Vila Real and in Faro. So hopefully he can do better then the other cheese on toast establishments around here. How hard can it be to provide decent pizzas?!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:49 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Thanks for the recommendation, this is what the thread is about sharing information about the area.
Absolutely, and you made the right decision to start a new thread specifically about restaurants rather than bury it in the "chat" thread.

What you have done is create an ongoing thread on a very specific topic that can be added to continually and easily searched by new members.

I hope we see more topics like this one.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Absolutely, and you made the right decision to start a new thread specifically about restaurants rather than bury it in the "chat" thread.

What you have done is create an ongoing thread on a very specific topic that can be added to continually and easily searched by new members.

Here, here.

Let's hope these lot get it and start making an area (that you guys have provided) that can benefit everyone and not just the same clique.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

Fred I understand what you are trying to do, and thank you for the effort in setting up a new thread - or sending a message on usage of the forum+threads etc.

But I for one, and many that I know, like the 'general' thread. It often happens in product development that the real-life usage of a product isnt what the designers intended.

The sheer level of usage of the main thread, means that people are 'voting' for it, effectively.

Sure it causes issues of searching etc, and invalidates what you are kindly trying to set up - but I am a fan of it and like it and use it a lot.

So I dont get annoyed when some people criticise it, they have a different way of thinking than me, and MANY of the people that like it too. The figures speak for themselves.

However this forum caters for both people, those like me that really enjoy the general thread, and those that want more specific threads - like this one on restaurants.

You will see me for the majority of my posts on the main thread - and I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the efforts and giving us a choice...

Jon
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Has El Cocedero shut?
Don't know not been recently
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Specific thread - gets my vote! Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.