Restaurants

Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Restaurants

I thought I would start a new thread on restaurants in Ayamonte. Since we seem to be going off topic on all the other threads about good places to eat.

I will start off with the new Chinese that opened this week in Ayamonte, the only Chinese in the centre of town may I add. Called the "Asiatico" or something just as original!!

We were out on Saturday evening and just happened to walk past and decided to give it a go, big mistake. Lets just hope the service and food improves, could not have been any worse (and it had gone 12 and there were only 2 other tables in, so they weren't exactly rushed off their feet at that stage). The best thing was the bottle of wine which we ordered!! Maybe ok for visitors but I can't see the locals paying those prices. Another thing while I am on a roll, the waiters were obviously asian but from Portugal, with little knowledge of Spanish or English, so even Spanish questions left them bewildered.

Moan over, like I said maybe should give it another bash later on in the year but can't see their food improving or impressing the locals.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:50 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Congratulations on starting a new thread! The part 6 is following the usual pattern, all over the place
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Congratulations on starting a new thread! The part 6 is following the usual pattern, all over the place
But that's the whole point of Part6
It's by way of being the social network for Ayamonte and/or Costa Esuri
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
But that's the whole point of Part6
It's by way of being the social network for Ayamonte and/or Costa Esuri
No it's not.

The new sub-forum was set up specifically to avoid these long threads with no specific topic.

A lot of effort has been spent in stripping out from the old (huge) thread more specific threads which is the way this forum works.

If you want a social networking site use the chat facility or post in Siesta Time.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:54 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No it's not.

The new sub-forum was set up specifically to avoid these long threads with no specific topic.

A lot of effort has been spent in stripping out from the old (huge) thread more specific threads which is the way this forum works.

If you want a social networking site use the chat facility or post in Siesta Time.
Well said, Fred! (I was going to say Right Said Fred but thought you may not appreciate the pun)

However, after many mods, many attempts and much pandering, these lot will never see it like that. It is incredible that a site set up for the world in its entirety has as one of its biggest problems in an area that covers nothing more than the pimple on Spain's arse.

But, hey... Good luck!

As for the restaurant, I remember the day the previous owners sold it and we said back then that it would be a disaster, simply because of who had bought it. They have previous form in this area.

But it is curious as to why you limit the thread to just restaurants in Ayamonte when it is quite well known that the town is lacking in good quality restaurants. OK, it is true there are decent enough places that serve food but that is far from the same.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B
I thought I would start a new thread on restaurants in Ayamonte. Since we seem to be going off topic on all the other threads about good places to eat.

I will start off with the new Chinese that opened this week in Ayamonte, the only Chinese in the centre of town may I add. Called the "Asiatico" or something just as original!!

We were out on Saturday evening and just happened to walk past and decided to give it a go, big mistake. Lets just hope the service and food improves, could not have been any worse (and it had gone 12 and there were only 2 other tables in, so they weren't exactly rushed off their feet at that stage). The best thing was the bottle of wine which we ordered!! Maybe ok for visitors but I can't see the locals paying those prices. Another thing while I am on a roll, the waiters were obviously asian but from Portugal, with little knowledge of Spanish or English, so even Spanish questions left them bewildered.

Moan over, like I said maybe should give it another bash later on in the year but can't see their food improving or impressing the locals.
Sharon,

For those of you who enjoy meat a la brasa, Casa Joaquin in a small village just outside Pozo del Camino is great (take the right after Pozo as you head for Isla Cristina). At peak times it is difficult to get a seat but the food is very good. Not a great place for vegitarians it has to be said - chips, salad, papas arugas (not sure about the spelling) and that's about it. Very popular with the locals and with the tiles it can get quite loud. If you go try a jug (E1.50) or half jug of the house wine called 'mosto'! Cost is middle of the road. The local refer to it as 'El Colesterol'.

George
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:22 pm
UK and Tavira, Portugal

miacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Well said, Fred! (I was going to say Right Said Fred but thought you may not appreciate the pun)

However, after many mods, many attempts and much pandering, these lot will never see it like that. It is incredible that a site set up for the world in its entirety has as one of its biggest problems in an area that covers nothing more than the pimple on Spain's arse.But, hey... Good luck!

As for the restaurant, I remember the day the previous owners sold it and we said back then that it would be a disaster, simply because of who had bought it. They have previous form in this area.

But it is curious as to why you limit the thread to just restaurants in Ayamonte when it is quite well known that the town is lacking in good quality restaurants. OK, it is true there are decent enough places that serve food but that is far from the same.
How unpleasant do you really have to be? I appreciate that the new structure really helps but many of the people who will use the various other threads also enjoy the open ended part 6 thread - it is a sort of club. Why is this such a problem? When it gets too large again it can be closed can it not? If there are other reasons to avoid it please explain in detail - I am sure we do have some limited intelligence which we might use to help us understand.

From the point of view of restaurants I do tend yto agree with you - I have enjoyed meals out in Ayamonte and the fact it is different to home makes the meals out often special but I have yet to have the same quality that I get from parts of the Algarve that I regularly visit or indeed the meals I can get at home. But then I don't know the place that well as yet. In spite of this it is lovely to eat fresh fish however ordinarily cooked out in the open air or presented with pride and a smile (El Choco for example). It will do for me and in the meantime I will search for restaurants to match those at home in terms of quality, variety and service.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:55 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There is now a whole section called the "ayamonte club" so posters can start their own threads such as Gas heaters, price of land, recommended lawyers etc. sort of divides it into easy to find sections like a filing system----geddit
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sharon B

But at least the restaurant is consistent with many others in Ayamonte.
Average food quality, average-poor service, and not particularly good value.
There are however the exceptions such as Noosh, Jags and no doubt some others
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

For God's sake give it a rest, Sharon starts a thread on restaurants and it turns into another slagging session!

I for one am interested in people's experience of restaurants in the area. I would like to echo another post on another thread and support a visit to Casa Vincente in Ayamonte. In Isla Cristina there is a newly opened restaurant in the marina (previously it was a quarter the size and located close to the fishing port) called La Boccana. While previously it was more intimate and friendly and perhaps the food tasted better for it, but the food is good and the menu varied. It is worth trying!

George
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
For God's sake give it a rest, Sharon starts a thread on restaurants and it turns into another slagging session!

I for one am interested in people's experience of restaurants in the area. I would like to echo another post on another thread and support a visit to Casa Vincente in Ayamonte. In Isla Cristina there is a newly opened restaurant in the marina (previously it was a quarter the size and located close to the fishing port) called La Boccana. While previously it was more intimate and friendly and perhaps the food tasted better for it, but the food is good and the menu varied. It is worth trying!

George
Good on you George. I'm not sure why you brought your God into the thread...maybe he runs a good restaurant too. I will give the La Boccana a try...do they do vegetables and potatoes or chips and salad with the fish/meat?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miacat
I appreciate that the new structure really helps but many of the people who will use the various other threads also enjoy the open ended part 6 thread - it is a sort of club. Why is this such a problem? When it gets too large again it can be closed can it not? . .
As I have said, you now have a new sub forum to express your views on your specific area - no other part of Spain (or the rest of the huge BE site) has this.

If you want an open ended thread then use Siesta Time or the chat facility.

Otherwise, do what the rest of the members do and keep the posts on a specific topic. Strangely enough, that's what the other 103,492 members of this forum seem to find the best way of doing it.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:34 pm
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

However, after many mods, many attempts and much pandering, these lot will never see it like that. It is incredible that a site set up for the world in its entirety has as one of its biggest problems in an area that covers nothing more than the pimple on Spain's arse.

But, hey... Good luck!

The pimple happens to be the most visited thread this forum has ever seen, hence the need to create a sub-forum for the mere pimple.

The reason the OP limited it to Ayamonte, I'm guessing, is because it is about Ayamonte restaurants under the Ayamonte sub-forum. Get with it and keep the subject on topic.

If you want to talk about restaurants in Isla Cristina why don't you start a thread in the Spain forum?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:35 pm
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

Must agree with you Sharon, very disappointing.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by encodeme
But at least the restaurant is consistent with many others in Ayamonte.
Average food quality, average-poor service, and not particularly good value.
There are however the exceptions such as Noosh, Jags and no doubt some others
We were in Ayamonte 3 weeks ago and saw an advert for Noosh so thought we would give it a try.

When we found it mid evening it was deserted whilst others in the area were thriving, decided to give it a miss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.