Restaurants

Old May 8th 2020, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Newtown20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restaurants

Hello everyone,

We have spent our holidays in Esuri every year for 11 years now and really hope we can make it over again this summer all going well.
Just wanted some opinions on local restaurants and bars worth visiting. Is there anything new and exciting happening in Esuri and in town. Our friends have told us about the re-opening of the clubhouse which is great news however they were not too happy with the service in particular.
It was great back in the time of Jags, then Hoyo 19, busy clubhouse and the option of the shop.

Will potentially the venue that was Hoyo 19 ever open or is a business just not viable there? Surely, there is a need for another bar/restaurant?

Look forward to hearing some views.

Old May 8th 2020, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newtown20
Hello everyone,

We have spent our holidays in Esuri every year for 11 years now and really hope we can make it over again this summer all going well.
Just wanted some opinions on local restaurants and bars worth visiting. Is there anything new and exciting happening in Esuri and in town. Our friends have told us about the re-opening of the clubhouse which is great news however they were not too happy with the service in particular.
It was great back in the time of Jags, then Hoyo 19, busy clubhouse and the option of the shop.

Will potentially the venue that was Hoyo 19 ever open or is a business just not viable there? Surely, there is a need for another bar/restaurant?

Look forward to hearing some views.
The issue with Jags/Hoyo19 was not viability AFAIK they made a living, certainly in the season. The problem was with local zoning, licences and the neighbour. Hoyo19 was originally licenced as a social club for the villas in Calle Lopez de Ayala - and it has not changed ie it is not zoned for commercial operations. Jag set it up as a membership club on behalf of their community, which was just about legal, but drifted across the line when he started letting the general public in. The Town Hall turned a blind eye until Jag was denounced by a neighbour for noisy partying. The Guardia shut him down. The more recent proprietors have tried to get the appropriate licences from the Ayuntamiento with varying success. They have all been denounced and shut down πŸ˜₯. However, zoning is controlled by the Junta of Andalusia and nobody has been able to change this - apparently it would take years. People have taken the risk, the Town Hall have turned a blind eye but cannot ignore a denunciation from the neighbour. I cannot see anyone else taking the risk in the near future, especially as long as the neighbour is still there (although it is rumoured to be on the marketπŸ™‚)).

Last edited by MikeJ; May 8th 2020 at 6:57 pm.
Old May 11th 2020, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Nadiaadrien is an unknown quantity at this point

Heard strong rumours about something like a bar/ restaurant opening above the shop on Esuri , be great to have something local. Anyone else heard anything ?
Old May 11th 2020, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nadiaadrien
Heard strong rumours about something like a bar/ restaurant opening above the shop on Esuri , be great to have something local. Anyone else heard anything ?
I heard the same in early March
Old May 11th 2020, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

This rumour was doing the rounds a year or two ago. I've been unable to find the thread but as I recall it there is a lift to get upstairs and legislation said it had to be recomissioned and signed off with a safety certificate. This is probably not going to be cheap and as I recall it someone had to be responsible to sort this out. Either the freeholder or the tenant. There are also ten years of taxes outstanding on the premises. Finally it will be in some competition with the shop and he won't like that. ( Remember the new social club -Hola 19 - version 3). That is of course assuming its not the shop trying to open it up. Therefore I can't see it happening especially during low turnover this summer followed by the winter.
Old May 11th 2020, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
This rumour was doing the rounds a year or two ago. I've been unable to find the thread but as I recall it there is a lift to get upstairs and legislation said it had to be recomissioned and signed off with a safety certificate. This is probably not going to be cheap and as I recall it someone had to be responsible to sort this out. Either the freeholder or the tenant. There are also ten years of taxes outstanding on the premises. Finally it will be in some competition with the shop and he won't like that. ( Remember the new social club -Hola 19 - version 3). That is of course assuming its not the shop trying to open it up. Therefore I can't see it happening especially during low turnover this summer followed by the winter.
This rumour was very strong just before Christmas and was accompanied by a decision by the bank the owner to make the lift operational. The aim was to open for the spring holidays. I think Covid has killed all hope of that. No sign of work to refurb the building or the lift so yet again ESURI has been given a body blow. Good news is the shop is now open all day and in the evenings with tables spaced to 2m on the terrace and social distancing in the shop. There were about 5 on the terrace at 12.00 when we passed.
Old May 11th 2020, 6:14 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

A little bit of information is a dangerous thing. However I think that Covid has only highlighted the need of extra services on Costa Esuri. Bar, restaurant, shop. I for one am very optimistic.
Old May 11th 2020, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Michaelh
A little bit of information is a dangerous thing. However I think that Covid has only highlighted the need of extra services on Costa Esuri. Bar, restaurant, shop. I for one am very optimistic.
Could not agree more. It is time for permanent solutions. Investments for the future. A proper restaurant, a truly local bar, meeting place and center of the community. An anchor tenant that attracts a pharmacy, mini supermarket and other essential businesses.
Old May 11th 2020, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limey610
Could not agree more. It is time for permanent solutions. Investments for the future. A proper restaurant, a truly local bar, meeting place and center of the community. An anchor tenant that attracts a pharmacy, mini supermarket and other essential businesses.
Who is going to invest at this point in time. What this crisis has shown is that there are no essential services present on ESURI. Where are those things that Fadesa sold the scheme on. Doctor, farmacia, police post, fire station and schooling in at least infant years.
The only possible route would be public so would the town hall take one unit as payment for all the back taxes not paid and the Communidad pay for a doctor and the province other necessary services such as a mini farmacia. A part time police post in a portacabin on S1 the site with the 5a side pitch which was transferred to the council many years ago as part of the planning approval and where all public facilities, except schools, were to be located.
Old May 12th 2020, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Newtown20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting to read all your comments. If there are "10 years of taxes due" on the building, obviously no prospective business start-up will cover that nor should it be enforced if the area is too try recover and prosper.
So it looks like little change for this great place.
I agree a pharmacy and mini-market are much needed as well as a well planned bar/restaurant.
Given the current climate possibly even a takeaway.
Old May 12th 2020, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Snowbird1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has there ever been any discussion on forming an owners not for profit cooperation. Might eventually kick start some interest for outside investors to consider CE as a place to setup shop.
Old May 14th 2020, 10:00 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Newtown20
Interesting to read all your comments. If there are "10 years of taxes due" on the building, obviously no prospective business start-up will cover that nor should it be enforced if the area is too try recover and prosper.
So it looks like little change for this great place.
I agree a pharmacy and mini-market are much needed as well as a well planned bar/restaurant.
Given the current climate possibly even a takeaway.
The units in the shopping centre beside Lomas are being sold free of all debts as required by law. So none of the investors have to pay any previous taxes due. Similarly the administrators have given the approval for the lift to be put into action. The only outstanding fees on the locals is a minimal amount owed to the community which is being run by a company based in Ayamonte and this amount is also due to be paid by the seller, not the buyer. I think it is very important that this is clear because there are people interested in doing business in Costa Esuri (Both Spanish & International) and I have a number of clients myself. I will happily release all the information at the appropriate time with the permission of said Investors.
Old May 15th 2020, 5:52 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
The units in the shopping centre beside Lomas are being sold free of all debts as required by law. So none of the investors have to pay any previous taxes due. Similarly the administrators have given the approval for the lift to be put into action. The only outstanding fees on the locals is a minimal amount owed to the community which is being run by a company based in Ayamonte and this amount is also due to be paid by the seller, not the buyer. I think it is very important that this is clear because there are people interested in doing business in Costa Esuri (Both Spanish & International) and I have a number of clients myself. I will happily release all the information at the appropriate time with the permission of said Investors.
This is fantastic news! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

One can invest in a commercial business, in CE in this case, knowing that there are no outstanding debts to pay, by law.

The financial crisis of +/- 12 years ago, hit CE really hard, as we all know. We are still heavily affected by this. The current crisis will, economically, be another hit. Bigger many economists say. Sadly (from an economic viewpoint) there will be continuing problems. Of course there are huge non-economic and terribly sad issues with this latest crisis.

But... For those willing to invest..... prices are low, and demand is high!

Demand and 'footfall' that has been increasing for the past 12 years as more homes have been sold. This demand remains there after lockdown, which in itself has increased initial demand. I've never seen our parking so busy (packed, even) as I did last summer. Jags/19h was packed in season, at the same time as the golf club and shop. In any season, whenever there was an 'event', eg quiz, bands, flamenco etc - it was packed.

We are big fans of the shop, but we want a lot more. The place above the shop is IMO the best location on CE to open a bar/resto. I really hope something, finally, happens here.

With these premises debt free legally, the next step is to ensure that all the correct licences to trade are guaranteed before doing the financial analysis and business case. We don't want yet another Jags/19th hole/"fusion resto" scenario.

Its great to hear that there are clients out there, with finances ready to invest, especially in these times. I do wonder why nothing has happened before, but sincerely hope that as we come out of this crisis, there will be people remaining who are still ready to invest.

In particular, I hope the authorities are as 'business friendly' as possible, to create revenue and ..... jobs.

Let's see.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 15th 2020 at 6:02 am.
Old May 17th 2020, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
This is fantastic news! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

One can invest in a commercial business, in CE in this case, knowing that there are no outstanding debts to pay, by law.

The financial crisis of +/- 12 years ago, hit CE really hard, as we all know. We are still heavily affected by this. The current crisis will, economically, be another hit. Bigger many economists say. Sadly (from an economic viewpoint) there will be continuing problems. Of course there are huge non-economic and terribly sad issues with this latest crisis.

But... For those willing to invest..... prices are low, and demand is high!

Demand and 'footfall' that has been increasing for the past 12 years as more homes have been sold. This demand remains there after lockdown, which in itself has increased initial demand. I've never seen our parking so busy (packed, even) as I did last summer. Jags/19h was packed in season, at the same time as the golf club and shop. In any season, whenever there was an 'event', eg quiz, bands, flamenco etc - it was packed.

We are big fans of the shop, but we want a lot more. The place above the shop is IMO the best location on CE to open a bar/resto. I really hope something, finally, happens here.

With these premises debt free legally, the next step is to ensure that all the correct licences to trade are guaranteed before doing the financial analysis and business case. We don't want yet another Jags/19th hole/"fusion resto" scenario.

Its great to hear that there are clients out there, with finances ready to invest, especially in these times. I do wonder why nothing has happened before, but sincerely hope that as we come out of this crisis, there will be people remaining who are still ready to invest.

In particular, I hope the authorities are as 'business friendly' as possible, to create revenue and ..... jobs.

Let's see.

Jon
Hi Jon
The unit above the Guadiana Market is in the zone designated for commercial use so should not have the same issues as Hoyo19 - just need the investment and the customers 🀩
Old May 18th 2020, 7:19 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hi Jon
The unit above the Guadiana Market is in the zone designated for commercial use so should not have the same issues as Hoyo19 - just need the investment and the customers 🀩
Thanks Mike

I realise that its a commercial area (unlike Jags/"fusion") and that it 'should' be OK ... But we've all had bitter experiences on CE that the 'devil is in the details'. So I am sure (& hope) that any investor will ensure that the guarantees I mentioned are in place, before 'signing on the dotted line'.

Its fantastic that they are able to be sold debt free. πŸ‘ .... Also no problems finding customers IMO the demand is already there.

Looking forward to having a drink with you both anywhere, but especially in a new place on CE !

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 18th 2020 at 7:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.