Restaurants

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 7:07 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
Ok what is going on in Esuri? First Hoyo 19 is closed then the new restaurant (nearer Colinas and due to be called Mosi's) which was initially due to open last month, is not now due to open until NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! Does the town hall want us all to say that enough is enough and we give up on Ayamonte? What can we do?
Hi Kath

Is it confirmed that the town hall has again put us to the bottom of the list? Have they done something to delay opening, please?

We have a bad history with the town hall.... and pay a lot for the 'privilege'. Meetings with the mayor are not effective, protests either IMO

Jon
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Kath

Is it confirmed that the town hall has again put us to the bottom of the list? Have they done something to delay opening, please?

We have a bad history with the town hall.... and pay a lot for the 'privilege'. Meetings with the mayor are not effective, protests either IMO

Jon

Apparently there is a problem with the licence not being ready and we are now looking at April 2019 as a possible opening date!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 4:02 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently there is a problem with the licence not being ready and we are now looking at April 2019 as a possible opening date!!!
Wow.....

With all the years of experience we have had in CE about the issuance of licenses and the (apparent) total intransigence of the town hall..... I would have thought that NOBODY would invest a huge amount in a totally new building and start the works without the guarantee of the licence being in place, when completed.

Would you even consider investing hard-earned cash in this huge project, without this assurance??? Hoping it will be 'sorted' when the building is done???

I am not a restaurateur (but an active client) ... But the high season is the target, for the opening, to kick start the business.... Based on what we all expected, they were planning to be ready for it... as were 19H. 19H were open.. but shut down after a couple of weeks!!!!

We've heard on this forum that the owners have all the paperwork in place.... as anybody would have expected..... A major forum contributor and someone who knows the owners posted on that.

I really hope this isn't another of the many stories of mis-planned projects in CE..... Facing what appears to be a hostile town hall, who love our money but cant realise that a successful CE means more jobs, a better environment in this corner of Spain, more customers and interest/kudos/publicity .... and money flowing in. Surely that would kick a surly town hall to put the license granting process into high gear.

We are in the dark once again, so I cant blame the town hall, as much as I want to.... Perhaps the owners cocked it up (for them ... and us).. perhaps its the 'same old story'.

Who knows - but we've been here many times before.

What a shame...............

Jon
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok what is going on in Esuri? First Hoyo 19 is closed then the new restaurant (nearer Colinas and due to be called Mosi's) which was initially due to open last month, is not now due to open until NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! Does the town hall want us all to say that enough is enough and we give up on Ayamonte? What can we do?
yet the one place which we all know is 'dodgy' in one respect or another continues to trade and flourish. Makes one think how this is possible for the the one establishment doesnt it? And if my opinions are right, that could explain why other establishments are climbing geasy slopes just to open!

Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:15 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77

yet the one place which we all know is 'dodgy' in one respect or another continues to trade and flourish. Makes one think how this is possible for the the one establishment doesnt it? And if my opinions are right, that could explain why other establishments are climbing geasy slopes just to open!

Yes, but we have to be careful not to 'throw out the baby with the bathwater' . This establishment is the social centre of CE, we enjoy it there, some of us even call it 'the local' - & its the home of the Monday Club. It has a huge & dedicated following, anything to disrupt that will be like a nuclear bomb going off in CE!!

What a mess. I still cannot understand how an establishment operating legally with the right papers in place, can be shut down. Cautioned yes (only) if there is any infringement, fined even... But not killed off! For example LPA is opening a new resto, if 16 people complain can they shut it down? Don't think so.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 3rd 2018 at 8:23 am.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 9:36 am
BE Positive

Good news for friends of Luis... Of Lupi resto fame fame in MF.
I've heard that he is (or will) work at the new renovated 5star hotel in VRSA, Hotel Guadiana

Jon
Old Nov 20th 2018, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey, As a former regular patron of Lupi's, I happen to know he is just a year younger than me. Really nice guy, but its about time he took a rest. Like RETIRED.!! I wish him the best though. I must call by the (ferry) naval resto this week to see if he is still there. Weather not very encouraging though.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 1:48 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
Blimey, As a former regular patron of Lupi's, I happen to know he is just a year younger than me. Really nice guy, but its about time he took a rest. Like RETIRED.!! I wish him the best though. I must call by the (ferry) naval resto this week to see if he is still there. Weather not very encouraging though.
He was unwell for a while and I thought (or supposed) that he had retired. If he's back in the saddle, its good news, health wise.

Im guessing that this is a 'cushy' job and his language skills and general bonhomie is well suited in a customer facing role in a posh hotel.

I think he might have left the naval resto, but Im not certain, but if you see him please pass on our best wishes.
Jon
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jon, that's brilliant news. We went to the the Naval Association restaurant (the one by the ferry), whilst we were over at the end of September, in the hope of seeing Luis. Sadly he wasn't there but we did enjoy a fabulous grilled Sea Bass. Will visit the Hotel next time. Bryony
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 10:05 am
BE Positive

Amazing deal right on Coronacion ppaza

Jon
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Did they have any Black pork left,
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 6:57 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Did they have any Black pork left,
Black Friday + black pork!

Its today - so everyone get there early to get these amazing prices overlooking the plaza! Its supposedly going to be a nice day when all this mist dissipates.

Jon
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 7:00 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, that's brilliant news. We went to the the Naval Association restaurant (the one by the ferry), whilst we were over at the end of September, in the hope of seeing Luis. Sadly he wasn't there but we did enjoy a fabulous grilled Sea Bass. Will visit the Hotel next time. Bryony
We want to see him there too - so I will brush off the cobwebs on the checkbook, open the combination lock on it and go and eat in this new 5star hotel and see Luis.... and try out the nosh which I'll report on here

Jon
Old Nov 23rd 2018, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We want to see him there too - so I will brush off the cobwebs on the checkbook, open the combination lock on it and go and eat in this new 5star hotel and see Luis.... and try out the nosh which I'll report on here

Jon
Soon I hope and lots of pics. All the years we have been coming to Ayamonte we have seen that beautiful building in decay. It is wonderful news that it has been restored reopened and you are going to dine and report back. Can't wait for your report.
Old Nov 24th 2018, 8:35 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by olivia
Soon I hope and lots of pics. All the years we have been coming to Ayamonte we have seen that beautiful building in decay. It is wonderful news that it has been restored reopened and you are going to dine and report back. Can't wait for your report.
I'm not sure if its officially opened, but will surely go and report back.....

Thanks
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.