Restaurants

Old Mar 17th 2015, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
That's typical Luis doesn't know what day of the week it is has to rely on the Collins to get it right!

Don't blame Luis; it's probably me that got the dates wrong.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

We had lunch at the 'Solar Panel Resto' in MF yesterday.

AKA Sabores de beira
AKA Chez Teresa

They have a great idea, a set daily menu each day (closed Tuesdays) all-in including a LITRE of quaffable wine for two (drivers beware!).. for only 8 Euros (9.50 Sundays). Main, desert + Coffee.

With the menu attached you can plan to visit on the days that have your preferences for food.

Its a family and friendly resto - home cooked food and a favourite of my BH. You feel like you are eating in someones home.

There was a group of French motorhomers there, and as French speakers, we were bemused to hear French being spoken all around us!

Note also resto 'Old Luis' is open for lunch/dinner (not on Mondays). This is the resto on the roundabout in MF - close to the solar panel resto where Luis used to have his resto. Prices are fantastic and with a terrace and an interior surrounded by windows its a light and airy place. We had a full lunch for 4 there with starter and desert and drinks ....and the bill was only 37Eur.

Great place MF a tiny village with far more than the bigger CE!

Note Sundays from 6 there is music etc at 'Old Luis' .. and every other Saturday from 10pm a 'disco' till late.

Have fun!

Jon
More here;
http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo.../#post11524375

PS I posted a map of MF with all the restos on it ... if someone knows how to search the forum, you will find it....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Solar panel resto.pdf (296.6 KB, 482 views)

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 20th 2015 at 8:06 am.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am delighted to report that we had dinner at CE golf club earlier this week - and it was fab! The fish and chips (actually scalloped potatoes, but nno matter) were superb, as was the steak. All served with fresh veg and a big salad (maybe ask them to omitt the tuna from the salad next time). Wines were also good and the whole thing was great value for money. Lovely lily served us and we had a great night. Will definitely be going back - at last somewhere in Ayamonte where you can get a decent meal! Apparently 2 of the ladies in the kitchen previously worked for Jags; so have been well trained.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Due over in early May so am just wondering if there are any updates on Hoya 19 and the golf club please?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
Due over in early May so am just wondering if there are any updates on Hoya 19 and the golf club please?
Oops, apologies Sunqueen I just saw your post of 21 March re GC, don't know how I missed that.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,

We were over last week Hoyo 19 was open but very quiet, it was closed by 10 pm on the weekend as so quiet, hopefully business will pick up. We haven't eaten there yet, hoping to pop over when we are back first week of May. The pool was all green and unkempt but I've seen on their Facebook they are starting to clean the pool so all good sue
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Michelle107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mascara22
Hi Andy,

We were over last week Hoyo 19 was open but very quiet, it was closed by 10 pm on the weekend as so quiet, hopefully business will pick up. We haven't eaten there yet, hoping to pop over when we are back first week of May. The pool was all green and unkempt but I've seen on their Facebook they are starting to clean the pool so all good sue
Just got back from 2 weeks in costa esuri with family of 9. We ate at hoya 19 many nights and although it was quiet there the food was always lovely. Cant wait to go back. Michelle
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michelle107
Just got back from 2 weeks in costa esuri with family of 9. We ate at hoya 19 many nights and although it was quiet there the food was always lovely. Cant wait to go back. Michelle
Thanks Sue and Michelle, we'll give Hoya 19 a go when we are over.
Andy
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks Sue and Michelle, we'll give Hoya 19 a go when we are over.
Andy
Hi I am a bit concerned about 19H.

Very slow business often empty, at all times - or just a a couple of people. We drive by daily to see and will even go in to give them a bit of business, but its not the best when you are the only ones there. Nice to hear a hubub of conversation around you - especially on that great terrace, over a drink/meal. The pool is a mess too. So I worry if the high season business will be enough to pay for the year. At times its open in the afternoon, others a sandwich board saying 'open at 18:30'. They open for lunch at about 12:00

Good news:
  • That they will clean up the pool as just posted - I hope so. I think they are required to give the villa owners a pool service.
  • I posted in early December that they would close for Xmas, though was surprised at how long they eventually closed for. In that post I mentioned the young chef called Shamo (sp). I was concerned that they would lose him, but I am pleased to say he's back! A good chef.
  • Friends went there to eat, and asked for something 'local' and he was delighted to serve a meal that turned out to be excellent - friends were very happy. We've also had once the best fish meal we have had here (turbot). He has little work, a bit bored perhaps, and is delighted when he can make you something special.
  • Beers are 2 Euros a pint and a quaffable house wine at 7.50 means they have pitched the pricing between the shop and the club. Another tick in the box.
  • Dish of the day 8 Euros - we even got that on a Sunday.
  • The terrace is magnificent IMO... best in CE.. truly a 'Vista Verde'

I hope they can make it work and suggest/fear that it may be 'use it or lose it'. I hope I am wrong. IMO they need to publicise it better and have an 'event' like a paella, flamenco, music etc. We Esurians like a 'bash' and come out in numbers (wallets at the ready). Jag had that sussed and was often busy/full even in lower seasons.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 20th 2015 at 8:01 am.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Noticed a board outside the shop the other day - dish of the day, lamb stew 7.50 euros! Are they also trying to get in on the act!?!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunqueen
Noticed a board outside the shop the other day - dish of the day, lamb stew 7.50 euros! Are they also trying to get in on the act!?!
Heard from several people that Sunday lunch at the golf club was fab (though lack of staff and service a bit ropey)
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Tried to get into Luis last Friday - packed to the rafters with folk enjoying a thai night - looked great, but Definitely need to book. Every fri is thai and every Wednesday is curry night.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:58 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by sunqueen
The board at the shop is for the 19H menu. (I think) Since the shop and 19H are run by the same family, they are advertising the 'sister' business at the shop

Jon
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I am a bit concerned about 19H.

Very slow business often empty, at all times - or just a a couple of people. We drive by daily to see and will even go in to give them a bit of business, but its not the best when you are the only ones there. Nice to hear a hubub of conversation around you - especially on that great terrace, over a drink/meal. The pool is a mess too. So I worry if the high season business will be enough to pay for the year. At times its open in the afternoon, others a sandwich board saying 'open at 18:30'. They open for lunch at about 12:00

Good news:
  • That they will clean up the pool as just posted - I hope so. I think they are required to give the villa owners a pool service.
  • I posted in early December that they would close for Xmas, though was surprised at how long they eventually closed for. In that post I mentioned the young chef called Shamo (sp). I was concerned that they would lose him, but I am pleased to say he's back! A good chef.
  • Friends went there to eat, and asked for something 'local' and he was delighted to serve a meal that turned out to be excellent - friends were very happy. We've also had once the best fish meal we have had here (turbot). He has little work, a bit bored perhaps, and is delighted when he can make you something special.
  • Beers are 2 Euros a pint and a quaffable house wine at 7.50 means they have pitched the pricing between the shop and the club. Another tick in the box.
  • Dish of the day 8 Euros - we even got that on a Sunday.
  • The terrace is magnificent IMO... best in CE.. truly a 'Vista Verde'

I hope they can make it work and suggest/fear that it may be 'use it or lose it'. I hope I am wrong. IMO they need to publicise it better and have an 'event' like a paella, flamenco, music etc. We Esurians like a 'bash' and come out in numbers (wallets at the ready). Jag had that sussed and was often busy/full even in lower seasons.

Jon
I agree with everything you say, Jon. I think that a large part of the problem is that "Mine Host" - isn't
Old May 5th 2015, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just seen advertised that Hoyo 19 are having live music on Sat 9th May, which includes a meal and drink for 8 euros . Music is 70's and 80's. Starts at 2pm. It's very quiet at Hoyo 19 at the moment and we are going over to support. We are in Marina Esuri opposite so can see what's going on. It would be nice to see some members of this forum joining us if able to. Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.