Restaurants

Old Mar 4th 2015, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Oops, sorry, yes thanks for spotting my typo I meant Quitapenas... was our fave Tapas place at the old location, but somehow - for no logical reason, (e.g there's loads of parking) we haven't tried it in the new place.
Hi Jon,

Ate there last week,we had two friends over staying with us,so ate out most nights,and on the wednesday,choose to eat there,as you say parking plentiful,plus much bigger place now,seems to be a favourite of the Spanish with kids,as the have a small ball play area in the corner,set back from the resto,think they also have live music at weekends?.

Food wise it was spot on as usual,choose 8 tapas,and one raccion,all empty plates going back the kitchen,three even had a dessert,big sweet selection to choose from,

see you soon mate.

Ken.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;1 f1582478]Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That sounds worth reserving a table for ... My 1st job out of Uni several decades ago (aaargh!) was in Indonesia. So of course, had a go at the cuisine... Some gorengs and satays would be great .... but I did find some of their 'curries' very hot.... (and I like hot food) beware the red ones! I doubt that Luis would go the 'whole hog' (pun intended - i.e Babi guling).. so I hope he would also have the curried type dishes too.

I was in Sumatra though where it is said that there is more Asiatic and Middle Eastern influence, as opposed to say Java - which is more 'local' - so perhaps the heat came from these influences. But full flavoured and interesting cuisine IMO. We are surely up for it... so a 2nd thank you to Steve.

i think el ferry is OK.ish however last time we were there in a party of ten 2 people had completely finished their main courses before anyone else got tneirs
Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

I think el ferry is OK ish. However last time we were there in a party of 10 two people had completely finished their main courses before anyone else got theirs and out of 10 main courses there was not a single vegetable served other than potatoes! Not even a salad garnish ! Hate to sound such an old whinge bag, but how can they get it so right in Monte Fransisco and so wrong in Ayamonte?? Think I will just have to stick to y original thought - Portugal for meals, Ayamonte for tapas!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunqueen
I think el ferry is OK ish. However last time we were there in a party of 10 two people had completely finished their main courses before anyone else got theirs and out of 10 main courses there was not a single vegetable served other than potatoes! Not even a salad garnish ! Hate to sound such an old whinge bag, but how can they get it so right in Monte Fransisco and so wrong in Ayamonte?? Think I will just have to stick to y original thought - Portugal for meals, Ayamonte for tapas!
Hi, I think I have posted something similar years ago but I will reiterate. What you have to realise is that they are not 'getting it wrong' in Ayamonte, the restaurants here cater for Spanish and they don't really do vegetables in the same way that we would. They tend to have a large salad as a starter instead. On the other hand, in Portugal, they are more used to Brits and there preferences. Although having said that it does depend where you eat. In most little family run places whatever you have (meat or fish) it comes with chips, rice and salad, no veg. Regards Bryony
Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That sounds worth reserving a table for ... My 1st job out of Uni several decades ago (aaargh!) was in Indonesia. So of course, had a go at the cuisine... Some gorengs and satays would be great .... but I did find some of their 'curries' very hot.... (and I like hot food) beware the red ones! I doubt that Luis would go the 'whole hog' (pun intended - i.e Babi guling).. so I hope he would also have the curried type dishes too.
I was in Sumatra though where it is said that there is more Asiatic and Middle Eastern influence, as opposed to say Java - which is more 'local' - so perhaps the heat came from these influences. But full flavoured and interesting cuisine IMO. We are surely up for it... so a 2nd thank you to Steve.

Jon
The first theme night Luis put on featured nassi goreng before we got back to Esuri it was booked out 42 ate a very good meal. We missed out and have asked for a repeat so hopefully that wil be the next one!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 9:32 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunqueen
I did mention that I haven't tried El Ferry (except on opening day for a drink at the bar - no food). You have had a bad experience but there have been more positive posts on the forum about it. Hence it's certainly on our list to try, and we're not deterred - even after your experience. Same happened for Casa Luciano, one person had had a bad experience with the noise, we had had a good one... as did many others too.

I personally feel that a resto should be given ONE more chance - a second one - certainly if others are positive. There's a lesser possibility of a second chance if others give the same negative feedback though.

What about the others I posted in reply to your question sunqueen.. and Carol&John after? (Just trying to help.....)

Jon
Old Mar 6th 2015, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Went here for lunch yesterday, fab. Read the reviews :- Lagar Mesquita, Sao Bras de Alportel - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor regards Bryony
Old Mar 10th 2015, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great, thanks Bryony!

Been looking here:

Guía de Algarve

Any favourites?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Latest idea from Luis is to make Wednesday Night - Curry Night.

I thought he said the first evening would be the 14th; but that isn't a Wednesday ; maybe he meant the 11th? (I certainly had the impression he meant this week.)
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Latest idea from Luis is to make Wednesday Night - Curry Night.

I thought he said the first evening would be the 14th; but that isn't a Wednesday ; maybe he meant the 11th? (I certainly had the impression he meant this week.)
Curry Night starts on the 18th, regards Bryony
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Sounds great, thanks Bryony!

Been looking here:

Guía de Algarve

Any favourites?
Hi Carol, have to admit that we don't really eat at places beyond Tavira (and any before that I'm sure you will already know about) unless we are having an 'adventure', so I am unable to recommend anything in places on the list. I know you are out at Easter so I will leave the latest copy of 'Dining Out' (which is a Restaurant Guide to the Algarve) with Avril to give to you as we will be doing International Grandparent duties in the UK. Hope it is of some help, regards Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 10th 2015 at 3:53 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
I do like an "adventure".
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thank you!
I do like an "adventure".
Perhaps you would like to join our club, you get a complimentary T Shirt that reads 'We are not lost, we are having an adventure'
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd spill something on it for sure.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Curry Night starts on the 18th, regards Bryony
That's typical Luis doesn't know what day of the week it is has to rely on the Collins to get it right!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.