Restaurants

Old May 24th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Done the Tourist office gave me their last Poster and a slack handful of tapa rout and marking cards. Now to get the GC to allow the poster and cards. Result!
Interesting Jophn - is the 'new GC' already re-opened?

Jon
Old May 25th 2013, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Interesting Jophn - is the 'new GC' already re-opened?

Jon
GC never closed just the girls finished last week. Kenny and Pedro still behind the bar. The cooks still in the kitchen and Rick still doing the Quiz and Sunday lunch. 50 there last Sunday only 10 or so booked but the new proprietors were there glad handing and buying drinks. One went off to Marbella Monday to find a Chef so that could be interesting. They say no changes for 15 days from Sunday but everyone has to work super hard until then when they may have reinforcements.

By the way been over in Portugal a lot recently and searched a lot of Supermarkets including Continente for that delicious Portuguese white wine we were drinking in France but not so far seen it. Can you confirm the name so I can get a couple of bottles in for Caths arrival.
Old May 25th 2013, 5:55 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

GC never closed just the girls finished last week. Kenny and Pedro still behind the bar. The cooks still in the kitchen and Rick still doing the Quiz and Sunday lunch. 50 there last Sunday only 10 or so booked but the new proprietors were there glad handing and buying drinks. One went off to Marbella Monday to find a Chef so that could be interesting. They say no changes for 15 days from Sunday but everyone has to work super hard until then when they may have reinforcements.

By the way been over in Portugal a lot recently and searched a lot of Supermarkets including Continente for that delicious Portuguese white wine we were drinking in France but not so far seen it. Can you confirm the name so I can get a couple of bottles in for Caths arrival.
That's good, no disruption of service. I heard they were closing first. Also that the owners have realised the business opportunity there and are prepared to get stuck in. Bodes well. Dare I hope to get excited?

I think I already emailed you the wine details, some time ago, will dig it up and resend .. sent just now....

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 25th 2013 at 7:32 am.
Old May 28th 2013, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Done the Tourist office gave me their last Poster and a slack handful of tapa rout and marking cards. Now to get the GC to allow the poster and cards. Result!
Poster up at the end of the bar. It is double sided but they only had one so anyone wanting to read the back will have to take a couple of pins out. The "Tapas Trail" score card and route are on the end table under the telly.
Old May 28th 2013, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
That's good, no disruption of service. I heard they were closing first. Also that the owners have realised the business opportunity there and are prepared to get stuck in. Bodes well. Dare I hope to get excited?

I think I already emailed you the wine details, some time ago, will dig it up and resend .. sent just now....

Jon
They really do seem to want to be part of the local scene. They have taken a short term rent on "Lomas". It seems one of the trio is a restauranter from Madrid. Maybe that's the one who went to Marbella to find a chef.
Old May 28th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Positive

They really do seem to want to be part of the local scene. They have taken a short term rent on "Lomas". It seems one of the trio is a restauranter from Madrid. Maybe that's the one who went to Marbella to find a chef.
Gettin' better all the time!

See you in a couple of days....

Jon
Old Jun 9th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at google earth, am I right in thinking that the Brazilian restaurant in santa luis has been flattened or have I got my bearings mixed up, if I am correct does anybody know if it has moved or just closed down?
Old Jun 9th 2013, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark donna
I am looking at google earth, am I right in thinking that the Brazilian restaurant in santa luis has been flattened or have I got my bearings mixed up, if I am correct does anybody know if it has moved or just closed down?
I think that shot must have been taken before the restaurant was built however rumour has it that the crisis has closed the Brazilian resto has closed.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that shot must have been taken before the restaurant was built however rumour has it that the crisis has closed the Brazilian resto has closed.
If you read the print on the bottom of google earth it says 2013 if you look closely you can see a crane close by but if you go on google maps it is still there
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark donna
If you read the print on the bottom of google earth it says 2013 if you look closely you can see a crane close by but if you go on google maps it is still there
The building could not have been more than 3 years old so unless it was illegal I doubt it has been demolished but you never know.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Positive

Had a nice morning in the beautiful Laguna plaza yesterday. Coffee first and a chat. There was a nice buzz going on and a beautiful day. Started around 11:30

Then on exiting we stopped at the new (ish) Tapanegra (sp) ... on the corner site of the old Barclays bank ( I think) and directly opposite the Town hall, with a patisserie next to it.

The have a promo of beers for 75c each, every day - but on Mondays 50c all day. 25cl. Looks nice and clean and also an extensive montatido menu. Starting at just 1:20 for a good selection e.g serrano ham and queso curado. Then some at 1:50 and 'super montatido's' (SM) at 2E. We didn't have one, but previously a super montatido is actually quite filling. E.G 2E for an SM of Lomo+Serrano+ queso curado+tomato.. hmmm...

So on a Monday after a belly bustin' weekend, a lovely place to go to have a couple of jars and a SM... THREE euros! Or go crazy and have 2 SM's for a fiver

Fantastic pricing for such a premier location....

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 12th 2013 at 5:34 am.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Sounds great Jon, thanks.

And it would be even better if we could just hop on a bus there and back hahaha
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:20 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Sounds great Jon, thanks.

And it would be even better if we could just hop on a bus there and back hahaha

Then you could push the boat out, have 4 beers with an SM and spend 4 euros!!!

BTW they have an extensive Montatido menu for the 1:50 ones as well, I'd guess about 15-20 of each and about 3/4 SM's...

Jon
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Whilst waiting to drop a friend off at the airport last week we had a fab lunch at a Restaurante/Bar called WAX on Praia de Faro, v. nice. Bryony (I have no connection to this restaurant)
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

JT01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Casa de Pincha, (Brazilian restaurant) in Santa Luiza is sadly closed, we visited when we were last over in May' so disappointing. However, Antonio who ran it did say last year that there other restaurant was in Alportal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.