quarantine

Old May 31st 2020, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Jeffdeanus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quarantine

I am currently in the UK but have an apartment in Ayamonte: Question when the border is open to us Brits, if 14 day quarantine laws in place can I stay in Spain for a shorter term say 7 days.This may sound like silly question but no one seems to know the answer
Old May 31st 2020, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: quarantine

Not official yet but Spain is looking to end the 14 day self isolate rule as from July 1st from selected countries. Whether UK will be among them from the start will also have to be confirmed as well as whether you would have to self isolate upon your return.
Old Jun 1st 2020, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeffdeanus
I am currently in the UK but have an apartment in Ayamonte: Question when the border is open to us Brits, if 14 day quarantine laws in place can I stay in Spain for a shorter term say 7 days.This may sound like silly question but no one seems to know the answer
At the moment Brits are not welcome in Spain (see threads on Spain forum) and won't be until our infection and death rates are much lower, so the issue of quarantine in either direction isn't relevant at the moment. The signs are that by the time UK stats are acceptable the quaranteen rules will have ended.
Old Jun 1st 2020, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MikeJ
At the moment Brits are not welcome in Spain (see threads on Spain forum) and won't be until our infection and death rates are much lower, so the issue of quarantine in either direction isn't relevant at the moment. The signs are that by the time UK stats are acceptable the quaranteen rules will have ended.
Hi Mike

I understand that this story has been misquoted by the UK press and refers to the Balerics and to the last two weeks of June. https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/economia/espana-trabaja-en-rutas-seguras-para-recibir-turistas-la-segunda-mitad-de-junio/10003-4259078.

The Spanish enforced quarantine lasts until the end of the State of Alarm. As it stands now, borders will be open and tourist will be "welcome" 1st July. There is still the matter of the UK's quarantine for returning travelers, who knows?
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 5:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
Hi Mike

I understand that this story has been misquoted by the UK press and refers to the Balerics and to the last two weeks of June. https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/economia/espana-trabaja-en-rutas-seguras-para-recibir-turistas-la-segunda-mitad-de-junio/10003-4259078.

The Spanish enforced quarantine lasts until the end of the State of Alarm. As it stands now, borders will be open and tourist will be "welcome" 1st July. There is still the matter of the UK's quarantine for returning travelers, who knows?
I agree. I dont like a lot of the press reporting on this. Tourists are 'welcome' everywhere especially with their "tourist dollar" which can be a huge part of a country's economy and people's livlihoods.

The countries went into lockdown at different times, with different strategies. Many are coming out at different times too. A significant change will be the opening of bars + restos. France do it today, Belgium next week , some e.g Spain have already done it. Of course this is a major need for a tourist.

I fully support any country that stops us visiting them, and therefore bars+restos etc, when we haven't opened these in our own country! Not just us, any country that is 'behind' others.

After all this eff**ing virus knows no borders

The 14 day quarantine is also a 'killer' of tourism. I actually dont know how effective it would be in practice, but as long as its there we are stuck. Our tourist industry is hamstrung till we stop that. For arriving visitors and returning residents wont have gone in the first place! We need the tourist-dollar too. It has to work both ways, and be bilateral

I support a 'proper airbridge' - quarantine free travel between 2 countries where the infection rates are similar and low. But its complicated,. Already on the Spain forum, people are suggesing at eg going to Spain via Ireland to get around the restrictions.

I don't like these kinds of 'Cummings solutions'!

But Spain look to be set to open on July 1, with Pedro Sanchez saying that the recent extension of regulations were definitively the last. Lets hope the situation in the UK will have dropped to a low level by then. For the incoming quarantine rule. Primarily for the health of our country and then for the opening of bilateral open tourism

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 2nd 2020 at 5:50 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John
Sanchez's extension hasn't been voted on yet That will be later next week. He only got the last on e through by by 1 vote, The likelihood is that it will happen as he has said it will be the last extension
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure going to Spain via Ireland would work - after all we will still have a UK passport and border control aren't daft.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 12:29 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I'm not sure going to Spain via Ireland would work - after all we will still have a UK passport and border control aren't daft.
I agree, but there is that thinking out there, as seen on the other thread.

Since we've been in lockdown, I dont know how the airports work during the crisis. However when I travel 'normally' between Shengen countries, with my UK passport, it's rarely checked and many airports have special areas or terminals where you walk straight out with no passport control, based on the origin of the flight not the passenger.

Obviously that will need reviewing going forward

The EU are looking at origin tracing ... but it adds more complexity... But some people are always looking for the loophole.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 2nd 2020 at 12:37 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Debbie64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all .. my uncle has a house on costa Esuri and is wondering when he will be able to return to his home there .. just reading some of theses messages that doesn’t look like any time soon .. is there no exceptions for home owner’s .. as he’s worried about his property and wants some reassurance everything is ok with it .. he and I both understand the risks and the severity of this covid 19 to everyone thanks x
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment only those with Citizenship or Residencia are allowed it to Spain.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Debbie64
Hi all .. my uncle has a house on costa Esuri and is wondering when he will be able to return to his home there .. just reading some of theses messages that doesn’t look like any time soon .. is there no exceptions for home owner’s .. as he’s worried about his property and wants some reassurance everything is ok with it .. he and I both understand the risks and the severity of this covid 19 to everyone thanks x
Does he have a keyholder in Esuri? If so maybe it could arranged for some kind person to do a property inspection. Otherwise perhaps you could ask a neighbour to have an external looksee.
Which urb is his property in? And which bloque/manzana.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Debbie64
Happy to check the house externally if you message me the address.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, We are hoping to come, with our 3 teenagers, over to Isla Canela on the 1st of July to stay in our apartment. We are flying to Faro from Dublin and crossing into Spain. Our understanding is that Portugal has announced the opening of their Border with Spain and that Spain has announced that a 14 day quarantine is not necessary from 1 July. But we are relying on announcements in the Press so I would welcome any local updates that anyone may have. We have booked our flights but haven’t yet decided on whether we will travel! Also any general updates on what has opened up in terms of Restaurants, shops and other tourist activities would also be good to know.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rita_
Hi All, We are hoping to come, with our 3 teenagers, over to Isla Canela on the 1st of July to stay in our apartment. We are flying to Faro from Dublin and crossing into Spain. Our understanding is that Portugal has announced the opening of their Border with Spain and that Spain has announced that a 14 day quarantine is not necessary from 1 July. But we are relying on announcements in the Press so I would welcome any local updates that anyone may have. We have booked our flights but haven’t yet decided on whether we will travel! Also any general updates on what has opened up in terms of Restaurants, shops and other tourist activities would also be good to know.
Restaurants are opening up slowly. There are not many people out in Ayamonte and Isla Canela. I’ve been to Punta this morning Most places are closed but they expecting things to pick up this weekend Sugar Reef is open and other places seem to be stocking up for Spanish holidaymakers to arrive
At the moment you can only come into Spain if you have residencia or Citizen but hopefully that changes on July 1

Old Jun 9th 2020, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the quick reply, just checking does having a NIF number give you residency (document that we had to get stamped when we purchased the apartment 16 years ago) or is residency a level above that.. we do pay some property taxes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.