Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Priinet - returned bill - unpaid ???

Priinet - returned bill - unpaid ???

Old Feb 12th 2019, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Priinet - returned bill - unpaid ???

I received an email from Priinet today to inform me that my bill ( direct debit) had been returned by my bank unpaid and to make manual payment to a specific bank account number. After checking it was not a scam and ensuring that I had funds available in my account I have replied back asking them to make another attempt.

I was just curious - has anyone else had similar problems either this month or before ?? They plan to charge me 6 euros bank fees incurred by them !!

Thanks..... Keith
Old Feb 12th 2019, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Priinet - returned bill - unpaid ???

Originally Posted by keithBT
I received an email from Priinet today to inform me that my bill ( direct debit) had been returned by my bank unpaid and to make manual payment to a specific bank account number. After checking it was not a scam and ensuring that I had funds available in my account I have replied back asking them to make another attempt.

I was just curious - has anyone else had similar problems either this month or before ?? They plan to charge me 6 euros bank fees incurred by them !!

Thanks..... Keith
Hi Keith
You wouldn't be with La Ciaxa by any chance ?
They blocked the last attempted deposit I tried to make , I have just enough funds in our account to cover for the next few weeks, I have my utility & priinet D/D's on this account
Its to do with these latest money laundering laws ,my wife is out there now trying sorting it out with the required information otherwise they intend to close the account next month
I don't check the emails from them very often so I missed the relevant one they sent some time ago
Chris
Old Feb 12th 2019, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Chris, I'm with BBVA but having gone online again I see a message in the mailbox. It's not something I look for normally. The message says : Importante - documentacion de sus intervinientes pendiente de aportar. and it shows my solicitor/abogado in a box. It's all in heavy legal speak so don't fully understand. I will get my IT wizz son to get a translation tonight. I suspect the thing is documentation against money laundering to be declared and probably the account is suspended. If only they emailed me I might have done something about it sooner. Oh for a quiet life!!
Old Feb 12th 2019, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris
Yes, I have experienced this with PriiNet. I emailed PriiNet to ensure it wasn't a scam and then made a bank transfer. Unpaid DDs rarely get represented and sit with Giahsa, Endesa or Priinet unpaid, until you get cut off. My advice is to keep an eye on your utility accounts online and/or monitor your bank account to make sure the regular payments go out, irrespective of whether or not you have funds available .

Cheers Paul
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
Hi Chris
Yes, I have experienced this with PriiNet. I emailed PriiNet to ensure it wasn't a scam and then made a bank transfer. Unpaid DDs rarely get represented and sit with Giahsa, Endesa or Priinet unpaid, until you get cut off. My advice is to keep an eye on your utility accounts online and/or monitor your bank account to make sure the regular payments go out, irrespective of whether or not you have funds available .

Cheers Paul
Hi Paul
My wife is going to the branch tomorrow
I don't think it will be an issue after that , I have a suspended deposit waiting to go in & my wife has some cash to top it it just incase, all my D/D's have been honoured so far & La Caixa don't intend to close the account until mid March ,but I will keep a close eye on ant payments due
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Chris, I'm with BBVA but having gone online again I see a message in the mailbox. It's not something I look for normally. The message says : Importante - documentacion de sus intervinientes pendiente de aportar. and it shows my solicitor/abogado in a box. It's all in heavy legal speak so don't fully understand. I will get my IT wizz son to get a translation tonight. I suspect the thing is documentation against money laundering to be declared and probably the account is suspended. If only they emailed me I might have done something about it sooner. Oh for a quiet life!!
Hi Kieth
I assume they will want the same info as La Caixa
They want the details of all account holders ( this is where our problem lies I did mine no problem on line BUT although my wife is on the account they say they can't add her to online process ?????? really so she has had to go to the branch
Here's what they require
Latest copy of your passports
Your occupation in the UK & annual salary
Your UK tax reference ( NI number )
That's basically it
Hope this helps
Chris
Old Feb 13th 2019, 6:11 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Kieth
They want the details of all account holders ( this is where our problem lies I did mine no problem on line BUT although my wife is on the account they say they can't add her to online process ?????? really so she has had to go to the branch
Here's what they require
That's basically it
Hope this helps
Chris
This is probably money laundering controls. Of course us 'small guys' have to go through all this hassle... Whilst the multimillionaires carry on with no problems!!

For the past few years Ive been inundated with forms to fill in with banks, investments etc. Even though they are all sharing info. Including one from an investment house that I had left a while back.

I even got a registered letter from the tax authorities when they found out that I have some premium bonds... But they wanted to tax the total amount(capital) not the prizes. This required a tedious process when I had to explain to my accountant then he had to explain the system, totally unheard of in Belgium. Result... No tax to pay ... But a bill for the accountant! ... And of course, rarely any prizes!

My Spanish bank requires a tax residency form every TWO years, so please make sure you do that if you are an expat.

I cant wait till SEPA becomes normal in Spain so I can dump my Spanish bank! It should have been active for some time now....

Jon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aEKSMQDbSmpI3O

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 13th 2019 at 6:13 am.
Old Feb 13th 2019, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
This is probably money laundering controls. Of course us 'small guys' have to go through all this hassle... Whilst the multimillionaires carry on with no problems!!

For the past few years Ive been inundated with forms to fill in with banks, investments etc. Even though they are all sharing info. Including one from an investment house that I had left a while back.

I even got a registered letter from the tax authorities when they found out that I have some premium bonds... But they wanted to tax the total amount(capital) not the prizes. This required a tedious process when I had to explain to my accountant then he had to explain the system, totally unheard of in Belgium. Result... No tax to pay ... But a bill for the accountant! ... And of course, rarely any prizes!

My Spanish bank requires a tax residency form every TWO years, so please make sure you do that if you are an expat.

I cant wait till SEPA becomes normal in Spain so I can dump my Spanish bank! It should have been active for some time now....

Jon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aEKSMQDbSmpI3O
Morning Jon
I hear what you are saying
I'm self employed so from that the Spanish tax office want to know my VAT details ,I had a hell of a job convincing them i'm not registered
Chris
Old Feb 13th 2019, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Kieth
Here's what they require
That's basically it
Hope this helps
Chris

Every 2 years you are supposed to prove you are a Non resident in Spain if you have a Non Resident Bank Account . It may have something to do with that
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, I've got a translation of the document which is called Pending interventions of documentation contribute which goes on to say they need the DNI, passport, proof of income both of the holders of the account ( My daughter and I) and as of the people authorised in it. ???? In the big box it shows just ONE NAME. That of my solicitor at AA solicitors - Ana Villamil. So it looks like they want her documentation because she set the account up in 2014 and has power of attorney on it. I left that open in case of an emergency ?

Frankly, I'm totally confused. I emailed Ana Villamil yesterday but as yet not had any reply. Hope their not on holidays away. I'm sure she will be able to explain what it is all about and possibly deal with it. My daughter and I both had to show our passports last year at the branch and sign things to sort out the online access which had somehow crashed / been withdrawn, so less likely to be us. Basicly I transfer about £3k a year into the account to pay the bills much like everyone else. Its amazing how Spanish law can cause so much agravation. !!

I will post again when I have sussed it all out. PS. This is in NO WAY degrading the services of AA solicitors or Ana Villamil who has always given excellent professional service.
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guesswork
Every 2 years you are supposed to prove you are a Non resident in Spain if you have a Non Resident Bank Account . It may have something to do with that
That's good to thanks.
Strange though we have had two accounts for fifteen years pity the banks never informed of this before
Chris
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, I've got a translation of the document which is called Pending interventions of documentation contribute which goes on to say they need the DNI, passport, proof of income both of the holders of the account ( My daughter and I) and as of the people authorised in it. ???? In the big box it shows just ONE NAME. That of my solicitor at AA solicitors - Ana Villamil. So it looks like they want her documentation because she set the account up in 2014 and has power of attorney on it. I left that open in case of an emergency ?

Frankly, I'm totally confused. I emailed Ana Villamil yesterday but as yet not had any reply. Hope their not on holidays away. I'm sure she will be able to explain what it is all about and possibly deal with it. My daughter and I both had to show our passports last year at the branch and sign things to sort out the online access which had somehow crashed / been withdrawn, so less likely to be us. Basicly I transfer about £3k a year into the account to pay the bills much like everyone else. Its amazing how Spanish law can cause so much agravation. !!

I will post again when I have sussed it all out. PS. This is in NO WAY degrading the services of AA solicitors or Ana Villamil who has always given excellent professional service.
Hi keith
That's exactly the same situation as us
My wife went to the branch today it took longer than it should but she produced her passport & payslip .now all sorted ,pity she had to a week of work to do it ,
Chris
Old Feb 13th 2019, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's part of the KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations which became EU law a couple years or so ago but is being implemented more rigorously now - the ironic thing is is that it was the UK who introduced this into the EU.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 6:36 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Exactly what I said a couple of posts before yours...

.....RTFM
Jon
Old Feb 14th 2019, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Exactly what I said a couple of posts before yours...

.....RTFM
Jon
Bit F.. g rude - and nowhere did you mention KYC. RTFM 🤔😠😠

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.