Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Old Oct 19th 2020, 8:23 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Originally Posted by glaisboy
Hi I have paid priinet for over a year without being able to visit Esuri because of Covid ,so no internet use whatsoever.I have considered cancelling but I cannot get out there to return the router so I m snookered.
Hi, they did say to me that they wanted to collect the router and as my friend said she would meet Priinet at the house we were able to do this. I have had replacement/updated routers at home and the companies are never bothered about the return of the old one. Could you explain you have paid for a year and will renew when you can get out there again when it is possible to do so. It does not seem unreasonable. Contact [email protected] and put it for the attention of Maria Jose - good luck ! Mel
Old Oct 24th 2020, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mel will do
Old Dec 31st 2020, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi as someone who is unable to travel to Costa Esuri (last visited Sept 2019).I contacted Priinet and asked if it was possible to allow some sort of Respite from payment as I have no idea when I would be able to visit in the future.After more dialogue .They were not sympathetic to my plight and cancelled my account informing me that I have not fulfilled the 6 months rental for both 2019 & 2020 and charged me €161 .So be careful.They said I can contact them when eventually I can return and they will reconnect me if I desire .
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I started this thread eight months ago and thinking that getting back out to Esuri was - just around the corner / in a month or two - and I stupidly kept paying Priinet. I was very reluctant to cancel the contract because we are so dependant on emails / internet/ facetime/ zoom etc etc to keep in touch with both our loved ones and for business purposes. The only thing I avoid doing there is banking because I don't trust the security of the priinet line of site wifi system.
However, I have now cancelled the contract. I had asked several times for a discount or have the option of turning off for six months but my 15 euro package did not allow this. Apparently you have to be on the 25 euro contract to switch off up to six months a year and pay half. BUT THINK ABOUT IT..... You don't get much bandwidth even for 25 euros. Fibre is now available on most of Esuri. WHO actually owns the Fibre infrastructure I don't know - probably the legacy provider which was Telefonica - but I don't actually know. Priinet are currently offering 50 Mb broadband for 25 euros a month and nil installation cost, hence a much better deal, BUT prices are falling all the time with greater competition. I started another thread recently on the main forum asking for recommends of other smaller broadband providers which I hope will bear fruit when I eventually manage to get back out to esuri. It appears you can get 100Mb for 20 euros a month currently which makes either priinet options look poor value.
I have to return my six year old router to the Priinet shop in town when we are next there and I will try to negotiate their broadband to the same price as other alternative players. That is to say - I will give them first option of retaining me as a customer. I think they are quite a good company which started on a shoestring budget, but now they need to compete on fibre. Different ball game !
The only hiccup is - Will we get out to Esuri THIS YEAR (2021)???????????? The new strain of Covid is proving a problem. Until the population of the UK, spain & portugal get the vaccine I don't see us travelling as the risks are too high. Also I will want to wait until the requirement for a negative PCP test is dropped as this would prove expensive each time.
IF/ WHEN I get a B/band connection at a good price I will update here.

Regards to all, lets hope for a happy & prosperous new year.

Keith.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 12:48 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola Keith,

Have faith, you will get out to Esuri this year; I was like you, very doubtful, but now, with the vaccine, I believe that by the end of summer, it will be possible for people to return to their holiday homes.

Davexf
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi all, I started this thread eight months ago and thinking that getting back out to Esuri was - just around the corner / in a month or two - and I stupidly kept paying Priinet. I was very reluctant to cancel the contract because we are so dependant on emails / internet/ facetime/ zoom etc etc to keep in touch with both our loved ones and for business purposes. The only thing I avoid doing there is banking because I don't trust the security of the priinet line of site wifi system.
However, I have now cancelled the contract. I had asked several times for a discount or have the option of turning off for six months but my 15 euro package did not allow this. Apparently you have to be on the 25 euro contract to switch off up to six months a year and pay half. BUT THINK ABOUT IT..... You don't get much bandwidth even for 25 euros. Fibre is now available on most of Esuri. WHO actually owns the Fibre infrastructure I don't know - probably the legacy provider which was Telefonica - but I don't actually know. Priinet are currently offering 50 Mb broadband for 25 euros a month and nil installation cost, hence a much better deal, BUT prices are falling all the time with greater competition. I started another thread recently on the main forum asking for recommends of other smaller broadband providers which I hope will bear fruit when I eventually manage to get back out to esuri. It appears you can get 100Mb for 20 euros a month currently which makes either priinet options look poor value.
I have to return my six year old router to the Priinet shop in town when we are next there and I will try to negotiate their broadband to the same price as other alternative players. That is to say - I will give them first option of retaining me as a customer. I think they are quite a good company which started on a shoestring budget, but now they need to compete on fibre. Different ball game !
The only hiccup is - Will we get out to Esuri THIS YEAR (2021)???????????? The new strain of Covid is proving a problem. Until the population of the UK, spain & portugal get the vaccine I don't see us travelling as the risks are too high. Also I will want to wait until the requirement for a negative PCP test is dropped as this would prove expensive each time.
IF/ WHEN I get a B/band connection at a good price I will update here.

Regards to all, lets hope for a happy & prosperous new year.

Keith.
The story as I understand it was that the main fibre was laid by a contractor for Huelva Province (bit like the Government incentives in UK). The contractor rented a house near Jags where the workmen lived Monday through Saturday and they stored huge rolls of plastic pipe conduit with the fibre on huge wooden cable drums. They cabled past all of the neighbourhoods in the duct-ways left by Telefonica which are huge, at times two or three men would be down there. The next phase was to cable into each neighbourhood ie. Lomas, La Jara terminating in the large grey Telefonica boxes at road junctions.
From there the providers took over such as Movistar, Virgin etc. There is said to be four of those and they would take the fibre to the blocks such as in Marina ESURI, Vista ESURI where they terminated in the stairwell and tried to persuade the block president to give them exclusive rights. Now there is a multitude of small providers who cable individual properties from the main terminals.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Well done Esuri John, for a very informative explanation of the cable set up. We just need to know which of the smaller providers is giving the best deal. I might have a word with our intercommunity presidente to see if she knows who has been connecting into the manzanas. I realise will not have the option to turn off for up to six months as with Priinet's 25 euro top wifi system but that doesn't bother me too much as I've always left mine on all year because I didn't want the hassle of contacting them to shut down / turn on again by certain dates each month. My target price is 20 euros for fibre min 50Mb.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Well done Esuri John, for a very informative explanation of the cable set up. We just need to know which of the smaller providers is giving the best deal. I might have a word with our intercommunity presidente to see if she knows who has been connecting into the manzanas. I realise will not have the option to turn off for up to six months as with Priinet's 25 euro top wifi system but that doesn't bother me too much as I've always left mine on all year because I didn't want the hassle of contacting them to shut down / turn on again by certain dates each month. My target price is 20 euros for fibre min 50Mb.
Unfortunately we are about halfway between Lomas and La Jara with no grey Telefonica boxes but we can see the one on the bottom corner of Lomas from the front window and the one in the bottom corner of La Jara round the back. I have been pleading with Prinet to cable me since I saw their men pop out of the main Telefonica at the bottom of our road 50m away but to date no luck. All other providers just put my plot no in their computer and say no way. Just before Christmas I saw the Prinet team cableing across the front of La Puerto Ancha again I asked, they recognised me and said they might be able to do it if I paid half the fibre cable cost from lomas to our house. I agreed but no movement so far. However we have had a lot heavy rain this winter and we loose our line of sight signal from the shop for short periods but it buggers up streaming. It may happen one day😊

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jan 2nd 2021 at 4:36 pm.