Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Old Apr 28th 2020, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Hi, In case many others are considering what to do with their Priinet connection this year in view the Covid situation....... I emailed Priinet on April 20th and explained that I am probably not going to be able to actually visit my apartment this year and that I did not want to pay for a service that I had no hope of using. I pointed out that there must be hundreds of other non spanish in the same boat, barred from entering Spain. I know a few people who are able to reduce their connection down to 7 or 8 euros a month when not in occupation. Despite having had a contract with them for five years I was informed some years ago that I could not do the reduction on my basic 15 euro connection. At that time it didn't bother me as I figured 180 euros per annum was not too bad and I didn't have to contact them by a certain date to disable / enable the connection. In my email I asked them what our Covid options are ? stating that if no reduction could be made I would prefer to cancel the contract.

For your information : their reply on April 24th said " The company is thinking about the different options to offer customers in this situation. When we know something we will contact you. Do not worry ! " No further reply yet as at april 28th evening.

Looking at the way things are going with this virus it appears it will be a long haul before British passport holders will be allowed back to our homes in Spain. I would have thought it was better for Priinet to get some income disabling connections rather than us cancel completely. Come next year we might find a new fibre provider doing a really good deal instead ?? Who knows? Has anyone else contacted them posing the same request ?
Old Apr 29th 2020, 6:41 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PRIINET OPTIONS due to Covid 19

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi, In case many others are considering what to do with their Priinet connection this year in view the Covid situation....... I emailed Priinet on April 20th and explained that I am probably not going to be able to actually visit my apartment this year and that I did not want to pay for a service that I had no hope of using. I pointed out that there must be hundreds of other non spanish in the same boat, barred from entering Spain. I know a few people who are able to reduce their connection down to 7 or 8 euros a month when not in occupation. Despite having had a contract with them for five years I was informed some years ago that I could not do the reduction on my basic 15 euro connection. At that time it didn't bother me as I figured 180 euros per annum was not too bad and I didn't have to contact them by a certain date to disable / enable the connection. In my email I asked them what our Covid options are ? stating that if no reduction could be made I would prefer to cancel the contract.

For your information : their reply on April 24th said " The company is thinking about the different options to offer customers in this situation. When we know something we will contact you. Do not worry ! " No further reply yet as at april 28th evening.

Looking at the way things are going with this virus it appears it will be a long haul before British passport holders will be allowed back to our homes in Spain. I would have thought it was better for Priinet to get some income disabling connections rather than us cancel completely. Come next year we might find a new fibre provider doing a really good deal instead ?? Who knows? Has anyone else contacted them posing the same request ?
It's amazing how many things this awful virus is revealing. I never would have predicted this as a problem.

One point, for those that have the 'switch off facility' where the charge drops when away. There are rules about which dates to request on/off facility. But they help out. This year we had paid our 7.01€ payment for Feb. But made a late decision to go. We stayed over the Feb / Mar billing period, luckily getting an alternative way back when the airline was grounded, late March.

They switched on / off the internet for us, outside the dates, took the difference in March .. switching back to 7.01 for April.

I'm guessing that they are considered an important service (essential worker) so can get around. So if there is a way to get into your flat (under the regulations) they can remove their equipment, you could cancel.

However it seems more logical, that they remain away. Allow you to switch to the contract with the switch off facility. This way they get some revenue and it's easy to get going again in the future.

With Fibre around the corner, they could also try and build that in a deal.

I have a friend a BT engineer. He's on lockdown, but on call as an . 'essential worker' - last week he had to go to a care home. I think the rules are stricter in Spain though - so maybe Priinet have problems getting around too.

I wonder if they would 'get legal' if you gave a month's notice of cancelling the direct debit, and offering access to your home. Perhaps that would make them think creatively? Even without access a promise to have them take the stuff away when you return could work. I can give access via my keyholder if I need to. But I am sticking to the switch off payment even if I lose a years internet = 84€

Of course I don't know how to cancel a direct debit in these times. I've found the banks have bad communications before the virus! I received an email from mine saying that 'we are closer than ever' with ways to communicate via IT etc. But 2 emails have been ignored (as they were before).

Its probably worth giving Priinet a month or so to propose their solution.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 29th 2020 at 7:11 am.
Old Apr 29th 2020, 6:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

I have a friend a BT engineer. He's on lockdown, but on call as an . 'essential worker' - last week he had to go to a care home. I think the rules are stricter in Spain though - so maybe Priinet have problems getting around too.

Jon
In Spain, communications workers are exempt from the lock down, they are considered to be essential workers. Priinet are a communications company and therefore are exempt.

As an aside, i arranged for someone to have the internet installed yesterday - they moved one week before lock down and had assumed they could not get internet until after the lock down finished.

Davexf
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

A quick question. What is the latest email address for contacting Priinet about turning the internet on and off . I've accumulated so many over the years ,and one's that worked previously do not seem to get a response now .
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
A quick question. What is the latest email address for contacting Priinet about turning the internet on and off . I've accumulated so many over the years ,and one's that worked previously do not seem to get a response now .
[email protected] is the one I used recently and they responded pretty quick.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Uncle Buck
Unfortunately I sent an email to that one yesterday morning . No reply so far. Will wait another day and send again . I wouldn't mind but I want it turned on.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 6:47 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Uncle Buck
Unfortunately I sent an email to that one yesterday morning . No reply so far. Will wait another day and send again . I wouldn't mind but I want it turned on.
They aren't the fastest to reply. I send switch on/off emails to the info address as you did and also [email protected] at the same time. Usually one pays off. Both were current in March. This is a public commercial address so ok to put on the forum, I think.

They also have an online form that I've not used .. here

https://priinet.com/en/contact/ you'll see as you scroll down there is a phone number and the info address is current.

I hope it works ! It usually does in a couple of days...

Jon

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

They aren't the fastest to reply. I send switch on/off emails to the info address as you did and also [email protected] at the same time. Usually one pays off. Both were current in March. This is a public commercial address so ok to put on the forum, I think.

They also have an online form that I've not used .. here

https://priinet.com/en/contact/ you'll see as you scroll down there is a phone number and the info address is current.

I hope it works ! It usually does in a couple of days...

Jon
Thanks John . I have emailed both addresses and still no reply . So I have decided "To go where no man has gone before "( apart from you and the Starship Enterprise) and take the nuclear option and send a message by online form.
It could be a five year mission .
I hope I live long enough to prosper in this mission .
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Thanks John . I have emailed both addresses and still no reply . So I have decided "To go where no man has gone before "( apart from you and the Starship Enterprise) and take the nuclear option and send a message by online form.
They do reply to messages sent to the admin email address, i can take 3 or 4 working days
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 1:27 am
BE Positive

Using the form is a new idea, 'where no-one has gone before'.. I'll join the Q, and we'll Klingon to the hope that you get connected soon, and this problem has Gorn away soon !

Jon
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Using the form is a new idea, 'where no-one has gone before'.. I'll join the Q, and we'll Klingon to the hope that you get connected soon, and this problem has Gorn away soon !

Jon
Well the form worked ! I got a reply at warp speed within a couple of parsecs.
I am glad you Spock up about it. A Chekov is in the post for your troubles.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 9:02 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning all,

I contacted Priinet on [email protected] and they did respond straight away saying that I had not signed up to the 6/6 contact. I thought I had but after being with them for 18 months @ €25 per month I asked if I could revert to €7 for 6 months from now. The response was NO.

Seemed a little harsh so I have emailed saying that I will cancel the contract and then renew when I know the house will have some occupancy which will certainly not be until 2021. When in 2021 - no idea !

I am waiting for a reply and will let you know the outcome.

Please may I ask if anybody has cancelled the contract with them ?

Thanks

Mel
Old Oct 5th 2020, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

At my old rental I changed to Priinet very easily, something tells me no actual contract, no forms completed nada. About and year and half ago I was leaving that rental. I gave them a few weeks notice of termination, no problem. They made a date to come and collect their equipment and job done. No fuss, no hassle.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

To Mel & John, I think Priinet make the rules up as they go along. I signed up to the basic service at 15 euros five years ago. Initially I was able to switch it down / off to 7 euros over Dec, Jan, Feb and reconnect in March, but the next year they refused saying they had previously made a mistake and that it wasn't an option. I've NEVER been able to find anything in writing that explains the shut down option, but I know of a few ( Jon from Brussels) that can do it. They did halve my payments for May & June when I was about to cancel the contract. ( I wish I had of then, if I'd known Covid was going on and on and on.) AS for 6/6 I haven't seen that one in writing either. Either way 12 months at 15 euros = 180 and 6 months at 25 and 6months at 7 euros = 192, so not much in it. New connection fee is about 90 euros so need to be disconnected at least 6 months to be "up".
I've often thought that for the amount of time we spend there it would be great if say Four adjacent apartments could get together and share ONE 25 euro connection ( same password) and we all use it and contribute. The likelyhood of all four want to connect at the very same time is remote. Even at the peak august time for example - we NEVER go out in August. - Way too busy for us. I believe it could work, but you need say two apartments beside each other and two above/ below to agree. The fact is in two years, we've never seen either of our neighbours below and don't know who they are. Sorry, I diverse, but you get the point. At the moment most of us have our own Priinet connection and this year I used it for TEN days in March before the lockdown. Would love to get back out right now, flights are cheap but - what if Spain has a national shutdown? We could get stuck at the duplex with nowhere to go. Feels risky.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

If memory serves me correct . And don't shoot me if not .When we originally signed up to Priinet in 2014 the euro 7 turn down option was only available on the euro 25 a month plan . Bizarrely the turn down option amount was increased to euro 7.01 in September 2015 for no apparent reason ?? In July this year it went back to euro 7.00
I can only assume that their piggy bank cannot take another cent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.