Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Places To Go, Things To Do

Places To Go, Things To Do

Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Places To Go, Things To Do

My son and his young lady are over at the beginning of September and were asking about what they can get up to. As you can imagine the things that entertain me and the OH and not the things that entertain a young couple so I was a bit stuck. The only thing I could think of was the Karting track.
Has any body got any other suggestions eg activities; clubs; etc??
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:03 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Places To Go, Things To Do

There´s some:

Pub Jaleillo in Ayamonte in the "calle de la Moda", Also Topic is popular.

Passed Islantilla/La Antilla there´s El Terron, a small town with a strip of "naves" (warehouses) which have a couple of clubs/discos. And a funny street scene because the kids are showing of their tuned cars

In Portugal there´s a new place, the Manta Rota Beach club, supposed to be good.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

There is a "South Pop Festival" on 11 & 12 September on Isla Cristina. There seems to be a load of bands playing. More information can be found on www.myspace.com/southpopislacristina.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
There is a "South Pop Festival" on 11 & 12 September on Isla Cristina. There seems to be a load of bands playing. More information can be found on www.myspace.com/southpopislacristina.
Good link! So exactly where is Playa del Terron
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Good link! So exactly where is Playa del Terron
You will have to ask Fortaleza (he is a paid up member), thats why he thinks Isla Cristina is the bees knees of course!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, just spent a fab weekend in Jerez. Lovely city to stroll round in and plenty of things to visit e.g. Clock Museum, Cathederal etc. Especially good was a tour round the Tio Pepe Bodega with wine tasting and tapas at the end. Also went to Arcos De La Frontera and had coffee and cake on the terrace of the Parador that has views to die for. Drive time from Ayamonte is about 2 1/2 hrs so an over night stay is a good idea. Regards Bryony.
Attached Thumbnails Places To Go, Things To Do-various-2009-034.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-bry-phone-oct-09-043.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-bry-phone-oct-09-044.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-bry-phone-oct-09-050.jpg  
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:38 pm
Jur

Kevin and Sue from The Andalusian (Isla Canela) have been very active with organising all sorts of activities since they´ve taken over the bar/restaurant. Amongst regular Spanish classes there will be a Mosaic workshop as well, next Friday the 30th is the first one. From 19:00 till about 20.30/21:00.

(I also heard that the Sunday roast is very good!!)
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
Kevin and Sue from The Andalusian (Isla Canela) have been very active with organising all sorts of activities since they´ve taken over the bar/restaurant. Amongst regular Spanish classes there will be a Mosaic workshop as well, next Friday the 30th is the first one. From 19:00 till about 20.30/21:00.

(I also heard that the Sunday roast is very good!!)
You have heard wrong!! You can't beat Jags around here for a Sunday roast, I have tried both and in my opinion you can't beat freshly prepared desserts and those yorkshires are something else.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:47 pm
Jur

You have heard wrong!! You can't beat Jags around here for a Sunday roast, I have tried both and in my opinion you can't beat freshly prepared desserts and those yorkshires are something else.
You´ve had the Sunday roast at The Andalusian as well?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
No Sunday roast on the menu at Jags when we were there! Had a fab meal one evening, but!! very noisy!! The food is excellent!!! but the ambience is poor for the money.
Sorry Jag!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Rio Tinto
Well done Michael excellent report [The Resident]
We had a lovely day out at the Rio Tnto.The landscape is spectacular. The museum very informative. That 'English Settlement' is amazing.
'Wooden floors and staircases' Why? They would be a fire hazzard!
I have been 'googleing' since I got home. Did you know there was an 'Experimental Farm' there run by a Dutch guy?
Only to produce familiar foodstuffs!!
It also talks of local women selling human manure to run this farm!!
All evidence of this farm is now gone. Thankfully!!
Fascinated by the history of this region!
Olivia.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:08 am
Jur

This site shows a bunch of interesting places to visit as well: www.sol.com
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
Yes, I know that makes me sound greedy but it wasn't the same month.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 12:54 pm
Jur

Yes, I know that makes me sound greedy but it wasn't the same month.
I´m planning on having it this Sunday, for 10 € can´t go wrong....

Mark the 21st of November in you calender´s because at that same Andalusian restaurant there will be a arts & crafts fair! I´ll post the times later.

If you want to participate (FincaSteve?) a table is available for 5 €.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:20 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by olivia
Rio Tinto
Well done Michael excellent report [The Resident]
We had a lovely day out at the Rio Tnto.The landscape is spectacular. The museum very informative. That 'English Settlement' is amazing.
'Wooden floors and staircases' Why? They would be a fire hazzard!
I have been 'googleing' since I got home. Did you know there was an 'Experimental Farm' there run by a Dutch guy?
Only to produce familiar foodstuffs!!
It also talks of local women selling human manure to run this farm!!
All evidence of this farm is now gone. Thankfully!!
Fascinated by the history of this region!
Olivia.
Glad you liked it, Rio Tinto that is
Regards
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.