Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A place in the sun

A place in the sun

Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A place in the sun

Originally Posted by adec
You could watch here :

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/...mand/66523-012

Costa Esuri starts at 26 min.. they were looking at a 3 bed townhouse, 3 floors...
Thank you adec I'll check it out.... Im curious as to how they presented CE...

Jon
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thank you adec I'll check it out.... Im curious as to how they presented CE...

Jon
Pretty well really no sign of dereliction, they briefly mentioned hard hit by the crisis but then said quietly that it was now finished. Could not decide from the programme if the house was on Lomas or La Jara.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

La Jara
Old Sep 28th 2018, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I might be wrong ,but think the presenter said that from the top terrace of the house you can see the sea. Must have bloody good eyesight !!! Sea and Sun apartments at the entrance to CE possibly !
(The builders definitely should have been referred to the trade descriptions act with that name)
Old Sep 28th 2018, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Definitely La Jara Manzana 4 owned by our friends. He's now taken it off the market.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Martyn21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Esurijohn,Where is 'Flower pots' tapas ? Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Opposite the Hacienda tax office car park. Not the real name but they have flower pots hung on the wall either side of the door so that’s what we call it.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to try the flower pots tapas. Hacienda car park? Anything else near it we might know? Que calle?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by keithBT
I would like to try the flower pots tapas. Hacienda car park? Anything else near it we might know? Que calle?
Tax office opposite, shoe shop on the corner, Cadastral office in the same block, ice cream parlour on the corner. El Jamon, Caxia Bank in the next block.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t forget the flower pots on the wall 😃
Old Oct 5th 2018, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

cleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant future

I made it my mission to track down the flower pots tapas cafe. By a process of elimination I think it is La Paraita d'Pintxos, as it happens a favourite of mine as well. No sign of flower pots on Google Street View Could I be right? Nail biting moment

8 Calle Antonio Concepcion Reboura

Google Street View

Last edited by cleverdic; Oct 5th 2018 at 9:01 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cleverdic
I made it my mission to track down the flower pots tapas cafe. By a process of elimination I think it is La Paraita d'Pintxos, as it happens a favourite of mine as well. No sign of flower pots on Google Street View Could I be right? Nail biting moment

8 Calle Antonio Concepcion Reboura

Google Street View
yes that’s the one and the flower pots were not out on Wednesday when I passed!
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

We had lunch there today, good as ever, and the owner was saying he is shutting shortly and moving to Laguna Square, but not opening till January. Most think that it is where El Clavelle is. ( Spelling? ) Think they would do great there. Good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Martin mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Been to the flower pots tapas quite a few times now and always enjoyed it. I have also heard that they are moving to clavell, in the main square, which is where we normally have a full English. Will miss the full English but look forward to having tapas in a much better location.
Old Oct 31st 2018, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So that’s two of our favourites moving over the winter period. La Perita to Laguna Plaza and Puerto Ancha to La Lota Plaza both expanding the kitchens and covers. It just gets better and better.

La Lota has really come back to life after the downturn when it almost died. There is now a variety of cafes, take away, tapas bars, bodegas and soon a top end restaurant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.