British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Place to eat near Faro Airport ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/place-eat-near-faro-airport-849551/)

bxpuser24710519 Dec 28th 2014 8:28 am

Place to eat near Faro Airport ?

Family arrive Saturday at Faro around 8pm we will want to eat shortly after their arrival, does anyone have any suggestions please ? not looking for fancy place just good food in nice surroundings thank you.

chrismortley Dec 28th 2014 9:09 am

Re: Place to eat near Faro Airport ?

Hi
For an easy option you could try Jumbo, there's plenty of choice , easy to park & minutes from the airport
Best
Chris

EMR Dec 28th 2014 9:18 am

The forum algarve shopping centre has a number of food outlets.minutes from the airport or if you want something more Portuguese drive on to the Island 2 mins from the airport.

irismary Dec 28th 2014 10:06 am

With visitors we always use the Adega Nova. Nice menu, very Portuguese atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices, especially the daily specials, and they have a free parking garage with CCTV to the restaurant.

Rua Francisco Barreto 24

Street Leads away from the railway station square i.e. the main road back towards Jumbo. On the right hand side of the street. The garage is a couple of doors further down the street also on the right.

Fredbargate Dec 28th 2014 10:19 am

Originally Posted by irismary (Post 11514576)
With visitors we always use the Adega Nova. Nice menu, very Portuguese atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices, especially the daily specials, and they have a free parking garage with CCTV to the restaurant.

Rua Francisco Barreto 24

Street Leads away from the railway station square i.e. the main road back towards Jumbo. On the right hand side of the street. The garage is a couple of doors further down the street also on the right.

Bem Vindo à Adega Nova Restaurante Faro

bxpuser24710519 Dec 28th 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks everybody, I thought Jumbo was a supermarket ? I think the Adega Nova looks worth investigating thank you.

EMR Dec 28th 2014 8:07 pm

Jumbo is just one of the many stores in the forum algarve

EsuriJohn Dec 29th 2014 9:57 am

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench (Post 11514847)
Thanks everybody, I thought Jumbo was a supermarket ? I think the Adega Nova looks worth investigating thank you.

We have driven past AN many times without going in because of the difficulty parking in the immediate vicinity however the news that there is off street parking next door but one changes all that we will definitely pay a vist soon. It looks so interesting an old factory I would guess and with an inserted mesene floor. Always packed when we have looked in at lunch time. The menu looks very Portuguese but good.