PCR testing.

Old May 20th 2021, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

NorahB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCR testing.

Hi All,
Hoping to visit our apartment in Isla Canela this August with travel restrictions permitting from Ireland.
Is it possible to get a PCR test in Ayamonte that’s acceptable for airport travel requirements and the boarder between Portugal and Spain ?
I know you can get a PCR test done near Faro airport but they need to be done 72 hours before departure and I’m just trying to avoid 2 close trips and a lot of time spent travelling to Faro from Ayamonte on the holidays.
Secondly, I’m presuming these PCR tests are necessary at the boarder ?
Oh , I’m just thinking do I need another PCR to cross back over the boarder into Portugal at the end of the holiday to get our PCRs for departure flights in Faro, if we can’t get one in Ayamonte ?
How does that all work.
Does anyone know ?

Old May 20th 2021, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCR testing.

You can get one in Huelva and somebody wrote earlier , Clinique San Roque in Ayamonte does them too, but only on appointment.
Old May 20th 2021, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorahB
Hi All,
Hoping to visit our apartment in Isla Canela this August with travel restrictions permitting from Ireland.
Is it possible to get a PCR test in Ayamonte that’s acceptable for airport travel requirements and the boarder between Portugal and Spain ?
I know you can get a PCR test done near Faro airport but they need to be done 72 hours before departure and I’m just trying to avoid 2 close trips and a lot of time spent travelling to Faro from Ayamonte on the holidays.
Secondly, I’m presuming these PCR tests are necessary at the boarder ?
Oh , I’m just thinking do I need another PCR to cross back over the boarder into Portugal at the end of the holiday to get our PCRs for departure flights in Faro, if we can’t get one in Ayamonte ?
How does that all work.
Does anyone know ?
Hi I was looking online and there is a company called Unilabs.
If you Google the name and go to their Portugal page it says they have a PCR test facility in Villa Real at the international medical centre which is at the football stadium .
you book a test my email.
I have not tried to yet,and do not know the price , but they are an international company ,so legit.
Old May 20th 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

You would think that everyone who wants one will be vaccinated by August and this will be a moot point
Old May 20th 2021, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
You would think that everyone who wants one will be vaccinated by August and this will be a moot point
Unfortunately Portugal at the moment still requires proof of a negative PCT test take within 72 hours before they let you in. I don't even think you can board the fight without it. I can prove that I have had both jabs with the NHS app but at the moment this is not sufficient for entry .
Old May 20th 2021, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maverik
You can get one in Huelva and somebody wrote earlier , Clinique San Roque in Ayamonte does them too, but only on appointment.
Thank you. The San Roque clinic sounds like the solution .
Old May 20th 2021, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Unfortunately Portugal at the moment still requires proof of a negative PCT test take within 72 hours before they let you in. I don't even think you can board the fight without it. I can prove that I have had both jabs with the NHS app but at the moment this is not sufficient for entry .
An app should never be sufficient for anything - It can be very easily forged, just like results on a piece pf paper.

Portugal at the moment might need proof but in August? That is a ways away with changes happening weekly, bi-weekly to the rules n regs. There could be another wave in August; they are already predicting a 3rd wave is possible in the UK with this new Indian variant. Best to check back the 2nd week in July
Old May 20th 2021, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the suggestions .
Some useful information in the replies.
I agree that everything may change by August. Changes are happening everyday some good some bad with this Pandemic. Each country are at different levels of vaccinating . I live in hope of checking up on our apartment .
Old May 21st 2021, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by growinspain
An app should never be sufficient for anything - It can be very easily forged, just like results on a piece pf paper.

Portugal at the moment might need proof but in August? That is a ways away with changes happening weekly, bi-weekly to the rules n regs. There could be another wave in August; they are already predicting a 3rd wave is possible in the UK with this new Indian variant. Best to check back the 2nd week in July
Yes you are quite right ,but a PCR test can be forged even easier .
To obtain your NHS app requires lots of personal info plus downloading of your picture from an official document ie passport, plus it uses facial recognition software to scan your face to match the downloaded picture .
I only mentioned it in my original post because there is talk that some countries would accept that in the near future.
But as you say things are changing almost daily, which doesn't help to plan anything with any certainty. Thankfully ,apparently the Indian variant is not any more resistant to the current vaccine as I understand it . So hopefully with the vaccine programme at full steam ahead ,a rise in cases shouldn't equate to a rise in hospital admissions that we have seen in earlier waves.
Alsi Europe is really stepping up their vaccine programmes now , so i.guess it's up to individual countries to weigh up the risk of opening up for tourism against cases rising.
The general health of the economy against the general health of the population. Who would want to be a politician at the moment.
Old May 21st 2021, 8:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorahB
Thank you. The San Roque clinic sounds like the solution .
Hi Norah
You may not need a PCR test. But its great to find out how to get one - if needed, based on changing rules. If you are traveling from Northern Ireland, please see my thread on EU travel proposals, started yesterday.

If you are traveling from ROI (or any EU country) then this may apply.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...ertificates_en

So I suggest you keep a regular eye on the one that applies to you, its all changing at the moment, for the better, for travel. Note individual countries may not follow EU proposals, or move quicker, so I would also check the countries government sites too. Leo Varadker confirmed yesterday, that there would be differing entry requirements within the EU countries

Money talks, re the 'tourist dollar' so travel from non-EU countries to EU countries will probably happen (subject to rules) quicker than internal EU travel (practically). But good to see 'things happening' ... Of course new variants may affect all that, so lots of due diligence is needed re the rules of every country you enter... And keeping up to date with changing rules.

Good luck

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 21st 2021 at 8:28 am.
Old May 21st 2021, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Norah
You may not need a PCR test. But its great to find out how to get one - if needed, based on changing rules. If you are traveling from Northern Ireland, please see my thread on EU travel proposals, started yesterday.

If you are traveling from ROI (or any EU country) then this may apply.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...ertificates_en

So I suggest you keep a regular eye on the one that applies to you, its all changing at the moment, for the better, for travel. Note individual countries may not follow EU proposals, or move quicker, so I would also check the countries government sites too. Leo Varadker confirmed yesterday, that there would be differing entry requirements within the EU countries

Money talks, re the 'tourist dollar' so travel from non-EU countries to EU countries will probably happen (subject to rules) quicker than internal EU travel (practically). But good to see 'things happening' ... Of course new variants may affect all that, so lots of due diligence is needed re the rules of every country you enter... And keeping up to date with changing rules.

Good luck

Jon
Just in, as from Monday Spain will not require a negative PCR test from travellers from the UK
As you say Jon constantly changing
Old May 21st 2021, 10:00 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Just in, as from Monday Spain will not require a negative PCR test from travellers from the UK
As you say Jon constantly changing
Wow fantastic news !! Get your skates on

Lets hope Spain gets on the green list for hassle free return to the UK... In June
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 21st 2021 at 10:07 am.
Old May 22nd 2021, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how much the PCR cost in Portugal ? and other than the airport could I book one? I can't find the prices anywhere online !
Old May 22nd 2021, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: PCR testing.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Wow fantastic news !! Get your skates on

Lets hope Spain gets on the green list for hassle free return to the UK... In June
Jon
I am hoping that Portugal will now follow suit and do away with the required PCR testing.
Old May 27th 2021, 2:05 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MKABZ
I am hoping that Portugal will now follow suit and do away with the required PCR testing.
https://www.portugalresident.com/bri...-tourism-boss/

This looks good but beware that this may change again.... Im a tad nervous about Germany, France and Austria implementing quarantine and starting a 'bandwagon', making more check possible

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.