Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Our "New" Valle Guadiana Golf Club

Our "New" Valle Guadiana Golf Club

Old Dec 13th 2019, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Our "New" Valle Guadiana Golf Club

Just returned from a week at our apartment in Vista Esuri, and wanted to give our take & view on the golf club.

Firstly, fantastic that the golf course, pro-shop, bar & restaurant are all open.

I was able to play the new Valle Guadiana golf course twice during our week, and have to say, the management, staff, green-keepers & ground-workers etc, have done a fantastic job delivering what they have with what they had to work with in such a short period of time – well done to all.

In my opinion, the “now” front-9 greens were slightly better than the “now” back-9, but considering they have been turf laid, they’re still pretty good, but will need some bedding in – although on one of the times I played, someone from a group in front were wearing the old style metal spikes!! – if you’re reading this, c’mon, this hasn’t been done for years, treat yourself to a proper pair of golf shoes, or wear trainers, and stop causing this unnecessary damage to the greens. The fairways and general rough, I felt were not much different from what we’ve had for the last couple of years, and the tee’s were a big improvement.

So, was the course opened too early ?, probably, but I think we would all agree it needed to be opened. All in all, I think that in another 6 months, with the level of care and attention the course has been given over the last 3-6 months, and some even rain, next year we’ll have a course rivalling some of the best in the local area, can’t wait!

The bar and restaurant have been decorated very nicely, and the light lunches we had were absolutely fine. My only complaint – for some of the drinks (maybe not all available?) that we had, the prices were very toppy. They can maybe get away with these prices at Isla Canela – where you have a hotel, but in Costa Esuri, we don’t, yet, and to charge 7 euros for a Bacardi & coke, and 6.5 euros for a Vodka & tonic, those prices are the highest we’ve found in 11 years in the area – outside of a hotel environment.

I hope this small review is of interest, and we for one, can certainly not wait for those summer days when we can sit on the club house terrace in the sun, drinking some “reasonably” priced drinks…..bring it on.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Parcheval is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our "New" Valle Guadiana Golf Club

We now have new course slope and rating for the Valle Guadiana Links from the Spanish Golf Fed
Microsite del VALLE GUADIANA LINKS
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Littlefatbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parcheval
We now have new course slope and rating for the Valle Guadiana Links from the Spanish Golf Fed
Microsite del VALLE GUADIANA LINKS
I had a look at it and if I’ve done it right my handicap stays exactly the same but the lovely Mrs Littlefatbloke gets an extra five shots. She’s going to be unbearable.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 12:48 pm
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littlefatbloke
I had a look at it and if I’ve done it right my handicap stays exactly the same but the lovely Mrs Littlefatbloke gets an extra five shots. She’s going to be unbearable.
Unless I calculated incorrectly, playing off the whites I gain two strokes, playing off the reds the boss loses three strokes, a magnificent situation meaning she actually now has to give me shots. Although this resulted in the application of female logic ("so I'm a better golfer than you now") I think it's both funny and actually gives me a chance. Well, maybe.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

I got caught out on this as well - you need to change from male to female within the drop down options to get accurate handicaps
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:04 pm
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by limey610
I got caught out on this as well - you need to change from male to female within the drop down options to get accurate handicaps
Oh yeah, I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me! Now, do I tell her...
Old May 10th 2020, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Golf course reopens from Tue March 12th on.
Club house still closed until further notice
Old May 11th 2020, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parcheval
Golf course reopens from Tue March 12th on.
Club house still closed until further notice
There will be two short closures. Not long but required for maintenance after opening.
Old May 13th 2020, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
There will be two short closures. Not long but required for maintenance after opening.
due to the weather conditions could not be carried out during the closure.

- On May 19 th, 20th and 21th, there will be” intense cracking and re-priming” tasks on the greens. These works will force 9-hole staggered closing. For a week the state of the greens will not be the most adequate.

- The week of June 15th, we will do the aerification of the greens.

By the way, golf course is in very good condition! Greens are very slow, but the rest of the course is in pristine conditions!