Reload this Page >

Mortgage and lawyers

Mortgage and lawyers

Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage and lawyers

Hi everyone,
After years of considering and months of looking, we have decided to buy a property in CE (calle Lopez de Ayala). Having read many post in the forum there are some clear comments everyone agree: get a good lawyer not connected with the state agency/bank.
Beware of the hidden costs
Goverment tax after purchase that value the land at a higher value you buy.
Do your research
Don't trust anybody with your money until there is a contract to look at.

So my questions are:
  • Do anyone knows a local decent lawyer? I am spanish and my partner english so language is not a mayor issue but he would like the lawyer to be able to speak english.
  • Did anybody use a gestoria? any recommendation?
  • We are thinking of getting the property directly from the bank, and hopefully getting the mortgage with them. Anybody here did that? I am not sure how easy it is to get a mortgage nowadays in Spain.
  • I contacted the bank (La Caixa) directly to get information about the properties they own and they gave me the number of the stage agent! not really helpful there. Any other bank you guys dealt with for mortgages?
  • THe houses we are looking at are repossessed- not really finished with the small details. How easy is to find people in the area to get the property ready? e I mean electricians, painters/decorators, plumbers, etc. Is is expensive? It might not need all of those but just in case
  • We have young children, is there anything for children in the area?
We appreciate any comments, advice and help we can get. We are planning to go to CE in October/ November to see the properties and hopefully be the new owners of a CE house! It would be great to meet as many people as possible (Monday meetings, I am aware).

Thanks everybody in advance for any advice you offer.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage and lawyers

Originally Posted by soyrosa
Hi everyone,
After years of considering and months of looking, we have decided to buy a property in CE (calle Lopez de Ayala). Having read many post in the forum there are some clear comments everyone agree: get a good lawyer not connected with the state agency/bank.
Do your research

So my questions are:
  • Do anyone knows a local decent lawyer? I am spanish and my partner english so language is not a mayor issue but he would like the lawyer to be able to speak english.i
  • We are thinking of getting the property directly from the bank, and hopefully getting the mortgage with them. Anybody here did that? I am not sure how easy it is to get a mortgage nowadays in Spain.
  • I contacted the bank (La Caixa) directly to get information about the properties they own and they gave me the number of the stage agent! not really helpful there. Any other bank you guys dealt with for mortgages?
  • THe houses we are looking at are repossessed- not really finished with the small details. How easy is to find people in the area to get the property ready? e I mean electricians, painters/decorators, plumbers, etc. Is is expensive? It might not need all of those but just in case
We appreciate any comments, advice and help we can get. We are planning to go to CE in October/ November to see the properties and hopefully be the new owners of a CE house! It would be great to meet as many people as possible (Monday meetings, I am aware).

When we bought our place we called the UK law society for a recommendation of a good solicitor with offices in the UK and Spain.We were given the name Cornish and co . Their Spanish office is in Marbèlla. They were excellent and not being local there was no conflict of interest.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We used Jorge Iguacel who is both a Spanish and an English lawyer. He is based in the UK but also has offices in Spain. He also knows the area. As he is regulated by the English Law Society we thought that it would be easier to make a complaint if anything went wrong.

As far as mortgages are concerned, you may find that if you are buying from a bank then you will only be able to obtain a mortgage with that bank. We were told when we bought from Last Caixa that no other bank would offer a mortgage on that property. However, we were offered what we considered to be favourable terms.

Kath
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
We used Jorge Iguacel who is both a Spanish and an English lawyer. He is based in the UK but also has offices in Spain. He also knows the area. As he is regulated by the English Law Society we thought that it would be easier to make a complaint if anything went wrong.

As far as mortgages are concerned, you may find that if you are buying from a bank then you will only be able to obtain a mortgage with that bank. We were told when we bought from Last Caixa that no other bank would offer a mortgage on that property. However, we were offered what we considered to be favourable terms.

Kath
We used Jorge as well and he also took care of our Spanish wills. Highly recommend him and his excellent assistant Ana.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

it sounds like Jorge is highly recommended so I have googled it and will contact him. Thank you for the advice.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Mortgage and lawyers

We also used Jorge and Ana for conveyancing, mortgage and Spanish Wills. Highly recommended by us too
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,
Do your research

So my questions are:
  • Do anyone knows a local decent lawyer? I am spanish and my partner english so language is not a mayor issue but he would like the lawyer to be able to speak english.

Hi,

The town hall will charge you extra after your completion,being the difference from what you pay and the value they asses the property at,its based on a percentage,so maybe 2000/3000 euro's all depends on values.

You will have no problems getting works completed on Esuri,many people have recently bought the villa's near the 19th Hole,and many were in need of repairs and new fittings,good luck with your venture,doubt you will regret it?.

Ken.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
We purchased in late 2011. The bubble had burst at this stage. We bought directly from the bank and mortgaged with them also. The bank was Cajasur. We found them ok to deal with and infact found that we could have a mortgage term beyond my 65th birthday.
Wishing you well in your purchase.
Enjoy
Martin.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

[QUOTE we could have a mortgage term beyond my 65th birthday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we were given a 20 year mortgage and it could be up to the age of 80.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your information. It seems like getting a mortgage might not be an issue. We're in touch with the bank and we are trying to get a mortgage in principle before we give any money!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the villas on the road you mentioned.
I have spoken to a friend today who bought one on Feb this year. He said as far as he knows they are all sold but Homes and Fincas in Ayamonte were selling them for the banks
Old Sep 27th 2014, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

We are flying in a couple of weeks to visit some properties in the area. Does anybody recommend a place to stay or does anyone rent a flat for 3 nights? if you do, please message me.

Date of arrival Friday 10th of October till Monday 13th

It might be nice to meet whoever is in the area if possible.

Rosa
Old Sep 29th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying in a couple of weeks to visit some properties in the area. Does anybody recommend a place to stay or does anyone rent a flat for 3 nights? if you do, please message me.

Date of arrival Friday 10th of October till Monday 13th

It might be nice to meet whoever is in the area if possible.

Rosa
The best would be go rent on site.... To 'try before you buy' but if not I recommend the Ayamonte Centre Hotel' not posh, but central... Walk into town

Jon
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jon,
thank you for the advice.
Finally we have decided to stay on site. Let's hope the weather is good to us.

Rosa