Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mobile Speed cameras

Mobile Speed cameras

Old May 7th 2015, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile Speed cameras

The GC are publishing locations of mobile speed cameras (to ensure transparency and control speeding)
Control de velocidad (Radares)

If you look there are a number of locations around Huelva province - including the A49

You have been warned

I think they mean 'black spots' for blackheads (LHSidebar)

Last edited by MikeJ; May 7th 2015 at 6:10 am.
Old May 7th 2015, 7:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Speed cameras

That link shows the fixed radars. This information has always been available. Where did you find details of the mobile ones?

If they are mobile how can they say where they are?
Old May 7th 2015, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
That link shows the fixed radars. This information has always been available. Where did you find details of the mobile ones?

If they are mobile how can they say where they are?
I assume that, as they do in the UK, they are officially approved locations for mobile cameras to be st up. The police can't just put cameras willy nilly, they have to be sited according to law.
Old May 7th 2015, 10:52 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find that the radars listed on the site are fixed, not mobile in any way.

They do have mobile radars, but I am not aware that they tell you where they are except in Asturias and Castilla y Leon. To cover them all would be pretty difficult as some of them are in helicopters.

There is some info at http://n332.es/2015/05/06/mobile-spe...ons-published/

There are also a couple of average speed radars in Andalucia. One is on the dreaded N340 approaching Malaga from the south and the other is in the Torrox tunnel just before Nerja on the Autovia.

Last edited by Fred James; May 7th 2015 at 11:10 am.
Old May 7th 2015, 12:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Around here the locals know the usual places (always the same) that the police wait with their mobile cameras.

It's normally people from out of town who get caught.
Old May 7th 2015, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you will find that the radars listed on the site are fixed, not mobile in any way.

They do have mobile radars, but I am not aware that they tell you where they are except in Asturias and Castilla y Leon. To cover them all would be pretty difficult as some of them are in helicopters.

There is some info at Mobile Speed Trap Locations Published - Driving In Spain

There are also a couple of average speed radars in Andalucia. One is on the dreaded N340 approaching Malaga from the south and the other is in the Torrox tunnel just before Nerja on the Autovia.
The key aspect of my post was to inform - hopefully helpfully - people in the Ayamonte area of the fact that there are speed traps in the area, NOT to get in a pedantic argument about whether they are fixed or mobile.

I'm sorry Fred but your intervention is not helpful as it diverts attention from the key point.
In truth all the cameras are 'fixed' some temporarily and some more permanent. (and if you come back with some more pedantry about helicopters I shall quietly scream!)
Old May 7th 2015, 2:42 pm

In which case, please try to get the title of your thread correct next time.

I found it confusing because I was interested in the location of mobile radars so I looked at the thread, only to be disappointed to find it did not contain the information I was hoping for.

If you think that is being pedantic - so be it.

Last edited by Fred James; May 7th 2015 at 2:53 pm.
Old May 7th 2015, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

In which case, please try to get the title of your thread correct next time.

I found it confusing because I was interested in the location of mobile radars so I looked at the thread, only to be disappointed to find it did not contain the information I was hoping for.

If you think that is being pedantic - so be it.
As always I concede the last word to you, Fred. Life's too short
Old May 11th 2015, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

i suspect someone may have picked up a few speeding tickets 🛂
Old May 13th 2015, 9:16 am

Mike, I have found an app which should give exact locations of mobile radars in real time. It's available for Android and Apple and it's called Social Drive

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...usuarios&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/soci...895759753?mt=8

It is "crowd sourced" by all the users of the app who can report mobile radars, police road blocks and accidents plus of course the Helicoptors!

Worth a look and feel free to scream!!
Old May 13th 2015, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mike, I have found an app which should give exact locations of mobile radars in real time. It's available for Android and Apple and it's called Social Drive

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...usuarios&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/soci...895759753?mt=8

It is "crowd sourced" by all the users of the app who can report mobile radars, police road blocks and accidents plus of course the Helicoptors!

Worth a look and feel free to scream!!
Thanks Fred - Just did a Farage I screamed 'cos I promised to and then I unscreamed and will certainly download to my tablet.