Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy in Ayamonte

Looking to buy in Ayamonte

Old Jun 23rd 2019, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

pennyshares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to buy in Ayamonte

I have lived in the area for years and I am currently renting a house in Ayamonte.
I hope this subject matter is ok for this forum, if not I could provide an email address for private messages? Or I could respond to replies that include an email address.
I am looking to buy a house in Ayamonte town, but there don't seem to be many nice affordable properties available in the town, I regularly visit various websites and anything semi decent is gone by the time I enquire!
So, I wondered if anyone of this forum knows of any properties that might not actually be advertised yet but that are available or might become available in the near future. Or maybe knows of someone who is considering moving and selling their property. I know there are properties available on Costa Esuri but I prefer to be able to walk to town.
I want somewhere within walking distance of the town, 3 bedrooms with outside space as I have 2 dogs, and like being outside myself! Preferably a house not an apartment, although I would consider a ground floor apartment in the right location with outdoor space. My budget is about €120,000, I know I have to pay tax etc on top of this.
Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 7:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy in Ayamonte

The subject matter is within the rules because you are only asking for assistance with finding a place. Advertising is not allowed on the forum or PMs so people are able to point you towards places that are for sale provided that they are not promoting their own property.

Rosemary
Old Jun 24th 2019, 6:13 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennyshares
I have lived in the area for years and I am currently renting a house in Ayamonte.
I hope this subject matter is ok for this forum, if not I could provide an email address for private messages? Or I could respond to replies that include an email address.
I am looking to buy a house in Ayamonte town, but there don't seem to be many nice affordable properties available in the town, I regularly visit various websites and anything semi decent is gone by the time I enquire!
So, I wondered if anyone of this forum knows of any properties that might not actually be advertised yet but that are available or might become available in the near future. Or maybe knows of someone who is considering moving and selling their property. I know there are properties available on Costa Esuri but I prefer to be able to walk to town.
I want somewhere within walking distance of the town, 3 bedrooms with outside space as I have 2 dogs, and like being outside myself! Preferably a house not an apartment, although I would consider a ground floor apartment in the right location with outdoor space. My budget is about €120,000, I know I have to pay tax etc on top of this.
Thanks
Hi Pennyshares

Have you tried a local estate agent like
https://www.inmobara.com

I came across them by accident when in plaza Leon Ortega, they are just opposite the plaza in the Ayamonte direction. No connections.

Perhaps they could put you on their list and if you pop in regularly and they get to know you they will help.

I know that this is outside your budget, but I seem to remember seeing houses for sale at 139k on a board by the roundabout opposite the BTP petrol station. We checked it out years ago. The board is still there, so a 'cheeky deal' maybe.? Apologies in advance if I remember the price wrong. These should be in walking distance to town.

Your budget should get you a 3 bed duplex on ME. With 3 big terraces theres great outside space, but of course its at the top. Not the best for dogs, small ones perhaps. But as they are usually at the top end of the price bracket ... You should be able to get a ground floor place. If you have a friend with keys you could also perhaps wander around and note the numbers for the private sales around ... Not just in ME but the other appartement developments too...

​​​​​​I believe some of the townhouses on Lomas can be got for that budget too.

Good luck
Jon

PS Im surprised that the properties are selling that quickly! Dare I say that it may be a good sign for property owners?
Old Jun 24th 2019, 6:59 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

You are asking for a conundrum; houses in the town centre don't have outdoor space. You have to move out to get gardens etc. Therefore what you are asking for is something like hen's teeth. There are a few properties as you move out that are still within a fifteen minute walk of the town centre but not many.

The only thing you can do is to go round the areas that you consider as suitable, check the prices in that area, and then when you see an advertising board, register with that agent

Davexf
Old Jun 24th 2019, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jon and Dave, yes I know Inmobara, I have viewed some properties with them, also they are trying to sell my property in Villablanca for me.
I am happy to walk 20 minutes to town, I currently walk 40 minutes each day from Balcon del Guadiana to the pool near the stadium.
Where is ME? Do you mean Marina Esuri?
Thanks
Maria
Old Jun 24th 2019, 3:09 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon and Dave, yes I know Inmobara, I have viewed some properties with them, also they are trying to sell my property in Villablanca for me.
I am happy to walk 20 minutes to town, I currently walk 40 minutes each day from Balcon del Guadiana to the pool near the stadium.
Where is ME? Do you mean Marina Esuri?
Thanks
Maria
Hi Maria

Yes ME = Marina Esuri.

What a coincidence that you use Inmobara !! They should be a good doorway to find something for you - if it exists.

I realise that you want to be closer to town, but wanted to point out that your budget should get you something nice in CE. It would be great for the dogs, with nice walks and fresh air. Maybe theres a financial argument of driving in usually and (bus) or taxi from time to time, when you want a drink? Cost around 11euros each way.

Im not trying to oversell CE, we have a heap of problems there. But you can get a nice home.
​​​​
As Dave points out its going to be tricky getting the 'best of both worlds', but worth trying. Have you looked around the Barriada, just after the stadium roundabout? Its not a long walk to the pool from there. I dont know the prices there though.

​​​​​​We were there a few weeks ago with a group of local Spanish people, and found a 'hidden' bar we had never seen before, somewhere behind the fish resto on the inlet.

There was a newish development of apartments there on the VRSA side at the Barriada - I dont know the prices or availability. Just a thought.

Good luck
Jon
​​
​​​​​​
Old Jun 24th 2019, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Sequera is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Pennyshares. I bought a year ago and people from Integral Homes helped me. They have offices in Ayamonte and in Vista Esuri.
Their phone is +34 645 64 67 67. Good luck!!
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maria, There are some quite nice modern terraced houses in the area from Maxi Dia up towards and behind Lidl. I've no idea what they sell for, hence I think it is a case of driving around looking for se vende boards. I suspect though anything up together with 3 beds and gardens etc might well exceed your budget. You mentioned the Balcons de guadiana.( below the Parador) Nice houses inside albeit not every ones cup of tea. Again no idea what they sell for nowadays. Without doubt the best value will be costs esuri. The ground floor 2 bed apartments on ME are nice and some have quite large gardens. Ideally you want an end one away from the pool IMO if its a permanent home. Lots to choose from including a few bank owned still. Clearly you must know Villablanca well - do you recommend anywhere to eat over there for a change ? ( evenings). PS. I can recommend Ana Araujo ( remax) as an estate agent. She knows her stuff !!!
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious. Are there any Spanish people who live in Ayamonte and if so why?
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jon, I lived on Esuri for a few months recently it was lovely for the dogs but I missed Ayamonte. I go to the pool/ gym everyday and that meant driving there and back, I prefer to walk as it adds to my keep fit regime! Esuri does have it's advantages but I like being able to just pop out into town anytime I like and walk back.
I know the barriada de canela and would be happy to live there but there's rarely anything available and when there is it's too expensive.
I also know the restaurant, I was also there with friends a few weeks ago, the one with a bbq grill at the back and a big open patio?
Thanks for your input, I have probably tried most agents and websites but wondered if there was anything out there not advertised yet

Maria
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Keith yes there are some nice houses in the area you mention, I have looked at one, but you are right, they are above my budget. I am just renting in Balcon, way above my budget, about 220k plus!
There are a few nice restaurants in Villablanca, my favourites are La Pasada, closed Tuesdays and Tabernita Baco, closed whenever they fancy so check first!

I have spoken to Ana about selling my place in the past so may well visit her when I decide it is time to give it an extra push as she wants exclusivity and I have a tenant in at the mo so not in a hurry, but that might change if I find somewhere to buy.
Thanks
Maria
Old Jun 24th 2019, 5:31 pm
BE Positive

Hi Jon, I lived on Esuri for a few months recently it was lovely for the dogs but I missed Ayamonte. I go to the pool/ gym everyday and that meant driving there and back, I prefer to walk as it adds to my keep fit regime! Esuri does have it's advantages but I like being able to just pop out into town anytime I like and walk back.
I know the barriada de canela and would be happy to live there but there's rarely anything available and when there is it's too expensive.
I also know the restaurant, I was also there with friends a few weeks ago, the one with a bbq grill at the back and a big open patio?
Thanks for your input, I have probably tried most agents and websites but wondered if there was anything out there not advertised yet

Maria
Hi Maria

I didnt see the grill at the back, but there was a reasonably sized patio... The bar was somewhere behind the resto, (we were driven there, by the locals) When we asked for a taxi back, our friends had to explain to the driver how to get there. I would have to wander around to find it again.

Re Walking distance

I totally understand. 'Back in the day' when we abought, pre crisis, a major selling point was that there was going to be all sorts of things in CE in walking distance, shopping, hotels,. restos, bars, marina (+its associated amenities). Hey even a bowling alley.... And errrr a Burger King.

Actually having bought a few properties internationally in my life, the primary requirement for these amenities has always been 'walking distance from town' . Like you max 20 mins preferably 15.

Should we ever buy again this remains a primary requirement. We have been considering a UK purchase for a while now, and when I look at rightmove etc I always limit the search radius to this area.

Its great that you've tried out CE, so know it well. Over the years many people have asked about living in CE on this thread, I have always advised renting first to suss out the area.

Its obvious that you know exactly what you are doing, backed up with experience eg living in CE! It means you have generated good 'karma' and I hope you find something special.

Good luck!
Jon
PS gym every day! I also have a six pack.... But mines in the fridge, I carry a barrel though

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 24th 2019 at 6:05 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jon-Bxl a taxi for about 11 euros ? Is that because you are near the entrance to CE ? I usually pay 14 euros and have paid more !
Old Jun 24th 2019, 7:50 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Sorry Jon-Bxl a taxi for about 11 euros ? Is that because you are near the entrance to CE ? I usually pay 14 euros and have paid more !
Errr yes CW (to the centre of town)... It used to be 10 fixed, now that everyone is using the meter its 11.... Maybe 12, I forget, but not more. (Since last month).

We live in Marina Esuri, so right at the entrance.. and so the taxi-meter chooses the price.

We often go with another couple so divided by 4 its not expensive, and worth it for all the options in town. Overall taxi included, we spend less usually than the more expensive golf club. Certainly, less without doubt, if we go to MonteF

The shop wins from a financial perspective though.
Jon
Old Jun 24th 2019, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Same here. Kx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.