Leroy Merlin

Old Nov 7th 2018, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Leroy Merlin

Leroy Merlin opens there new store in Lepe Feb 2019.....
Old Nov 8th 2018, 6:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leroy Merlin

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Leroy Merlin opens there new store in Lepe Feb 2019.....
Great news.

In the meantime does anyone know where I can get various strips lenghts and sizes of wood, for a small project, please?

Jon
Old Nov 8th 2018, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Been a long time since I had a good look round Lepe, couple of good tapas bars I have used. Handy having another Leroys close by.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Great news.

In the meantime does anyone know where I can get various strips lenghts and sizes of wood, for a small project, please?

Jon
Leroy Merlin Huelva or Faro Jon..
Old Nov 8th 2018, 9:48 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Leroy Merlin Huelva or Faro Jon..
Hi Bill, thanks... but they are a bit far out. I just need a couple of lengths of wood. 1 inch wide, About 4-5 foot long and about half inch thick. I wondered if there was a local supplier somewhere. Happy to pay a few shillings for that - maybe even a guinea.

Look at me living in the middle of the 'EU district 'in Brussels and have (not quite) gone all metric!

Jon
Old Nov 8th 2018, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon, Going into town the" back way" from near the Parador roundabout there is the Ferreratia / hardware shop up on the left as you make the right turn at the bottom of the hill ???? You must have passed it plenty of times. They used to stock small strips of wood like you need. worth a try if you are passing. He has all sorts of bits and pieces.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Update, just checked on streetview. Its ferrateria MESTRE. Camino de la novia. ...... Keith
Old Nov 8th 2018, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Its a much bigger shop than it looks from outside
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
Update, just checked on streetview. Its ferrateria MESTRE. Camino de la novia. ...... Keith
Thanks Keith for all the trouble - even going to streetview . I know it well - but for some reason I thought it was an 'ironmonger' - maybe as 'Fer' in French is iron, perhaps?. ( The BH and I speak French always to each other) Its the first time I wanted wood, and probably never clocked their stock when I was there previously, when looking for tools, screws, plumbing stuff etc . A friend has also offered me some wood if he has the right size, as a result of the post. So either way I should be OK. If he hasn't the rght size I'll go to the Ferrateria.

So nice to find such helpful people on/through the forum!

Thanks
Jon
Old Nov 9th 2018, 7:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Keith for all the trouble - even going to streetview . I know it well - but for some reason I thought it was an 'ironmonger' - maybe as 'Fer' in French is iron, perhaps?. ( The BH and I speak French always to each other) Its the first time I wanted wood, and probably never clocked their stock when I was there previously, when looking for tools, screws, plumbing stuff etc . A friend has also offered me some wood if he has the right size, as a result of the post. So either way I should be OK. If he hasn't the rght size I'll go to the Ferrateria.

So nice to find such helpful people on/through the forum!

Thanks
Jon
Ferro, ferrous etc are in the English language too. Just means iron or containing iron.

Rosemary
Old Nov 9th 2018, 8:35 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Ferro, ferrous etc are in the English language too. Just means iron or containing iron.

Rosemary
Good point. Its all about 'active' and 'passive' language I suppose. Though I recognise the words, I don't think I have ever used those English derivations of 'fer'... except (perhaps) many decades ago during Chemistry lessons.

Its good to know that the Ferrateias may also supply wood, and my assumptions were wrong.

Helpful forum posters....... Good 'fer' you

Jon
Old Nov 9th 2018, 8:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. Its all about 'active' and 'passive' language I suppose. Though I recognise the words, I don't think I have ever used those English derivations of 'fer'... except (perhaps) many decades ago during Chemistry lessons.

Its good to know that the Ferrateias may also supply wood, and my assumptions were wrong.

Helpful forum posters....... Good 'fer' you

Jon

Brilliant.

I love trying to connect words.

Rosemary
Old Nov 9th 2018, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Kayann is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for being pedantic ( once a teacher always a teacher!) Spelling: ferretería.