Lepe hospital

Old Dec 3rd 2018, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Lepe hospital

I gather there is a new hospital being opened in Lepe. Can anyone provide any details please?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lepe hospital

There is a new hospital built beside the motorway around about the outskirts of Lepe. White building, alleged to be state of the art, on the inland side of Mway built/ completed circa five years or more ago, but not opened due to lack of funds in the spanish health service. It can only be this building, but I have read nothing in the local spanish news.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by keithBT
There is a new hospital built beside the motorway around about the outskirts of Lepe. White building, alleged to be state of the art, on the inland side of Mway built/ completed circa five years or more ago, but not opened due to lack of funds in the spanish health service. It can only be this building, but I have read nothing in the local spanish news.
Thanks Keith, in that case am I right in thinking the nearest hospital is at Huelva as we only have the Centro Salud in Ayamonte?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 1:57 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS

Thanks Keith, in that case am I right in thinking the nearest hospital is at Huelva as we only have the Centro Salud in Ayamonte?
Hi Andy, Well it depends on what the needs are.

The 'Hospital' in VRSA (international medical centre) at the stadium is part of a group of 'hospitals' in the Algarve. We've had to use them several times ( twice in the last couple of weeks in fact). It was urgent and we've got quick service in English.

Its for us our 'go to place' when we need medical help. They have multi lingual support. I speak a second language, but feel more comfortable personally having medical help in English. FYI they also have, at least, French and Dutch support

​​​​​​Here are a list of their services

https://www.grupohpa.com/en/units/clinics/centro-medico-internacional-vrsa/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyoeEsPWD3wIVV_hRCh2ZDQOjEAAYASA AEgIVhfD_BwE

And

https://www.google.es/search?client=ms-android-motorola&ei=5UQFXIrcFoGbkwW7yb_oCw&q=hospital+do+A lgarve&oq=hospital+do+Algarve&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..0j0i22i30l4.7391.12869..14424...1.0..0.319 .2115.0j9j2j1......0....1.........0i71j0i7i30j0i67 j0i199i175i310j0i199i175i311j0i10j0i22i10i30.wy8Jp _JoPyo#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=5786013456265583080

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 3rd 2018 at 2:09 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jon, Please can you tell me if you can use this hospital in VRSA using the European Healthcare EHIC or if it is a private hospital that charges for care? If the latter, how do you know how much treatment will cost?
Thanks
ELizabethAnn
Old Dec 16th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
Hi Jon, Please can you tell me if you can use this hospital in VRSA using the European Healthcare EHIC or if it is a private hospital that charges for care? If the latter, how do you know how much treatment will cost?
Thanks
ELizabethAnn
Hi ELizabethAnn

Yes its a private hospital. So the EHIC doesn't work. A GP consultation is 50-60€. Then the rest depends on the required treatment - if needed. Depending on your insurance you could claim. As an EU resident I also get free treatment at the public clinics, but my personal experience hasn't been great, re waits & language. Its rare that we need treatment and can claim back on insurance. So we pay up and claim, in VRSA its quick, English and effective. They support other languages eg Dutch, French - on certain days, each week - ask them for dates. We need this.

Good friends who are permanent residents, use the private clinic opposite the ferry port in Ayamonte facing the port/river. They pay 200€ for a year for both, covering all GP consultations in English. But I didn't ask for more info as we aren't permanent, and its private.... so I don't know if that depends on medical history etc. I forget the name but its something like San Roque, maybe someone or Google will confirm. But its easy to find.

Hope this helps
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 16th 2018 at 6:48 am.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Fred R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AndyS

The closest Spanish public hospital is the Juan Ramon Jimenez in Huelva (the Juan Ramon to locals) . If you go to the public health centre in Ayamonte and present your EHIC at the reception they can access a database to confirm your details. If needed, a doctor can then refer you to the hospital. I had to visit the health centre in late September - the doctor didn't speak English but one of the paramedics did. The closest Spanish private hospital is also in Huelva - it's the Hospital Costa de la Luz.

Regards
Old Dec 19th 2018, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jon. We are Resident so are covered by the "national Health Service" in Spain and I am trying to learn Spanish but its unlikely I will ever be fluent enough to cover the subtleties of health-related Spanish. I'll make more enquiries about the hospital in VRSA and in town.
Elizabeth