Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IDP post hard Brexit?

IDP post hard Brexit?

Old Mar 23rd 2019, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IDP post hard Brexit?

Update on my UK to Spanish Licence exchange. I am now awaiting delivery of my new Spanish EU Licence by post - they said about a month. When I passed my UK EU Licence over and received the Temporary Provisional Document that allows me to drive in Spain (only) while I await my new Licence, I bought an International Driving Permit (IDP) at the same time from the Huelva DGT (same Lady that processed my exchange). It cost me €10 and I simply needed an extra photograph. I am now good to drive anywhere, including Portugal.
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 1:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We spent about €800 on Kath’s Irish citizenship and passport which is looking increasingly unnecessary when Brexshit doesn’t happen. On top of that we changed her licence to Spanish another €27 and we both corrected mistakes Mr plod had made on our “Residencia Permanente” way back in 2005 which persisted through each iteration. We have also made many visits to the INSS in Ayamonte to get Kath properly into the system all down to Mr plods original mistakes. If time and trouble, diesel and miles to Huelva plus copies of Padron etc I reckon we are about €1500 down.

The only saving grace is that with the same surname and nationality as our granddaughters she can fly out of Ireland without hassle with them for holidays if mum and dad are not available.

Do you think JR Smog might slip us a slice of his £7m or better still P May a touch of his billion as recompense?

Why €800?
Old Mar 29th 2019, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

... and my new EU Spanish licence arrived yesterday in the post. Yaay.
Old Mar 29th 2019, 2:04 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
... and my new EU Spanish licence arrived yesterday in the post. Yaay.
Congratulations!!

Thanks for advising us all of each step of the process . .

Jon