Hoyo 19

Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hoyo 19

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
Somebody said you had to be registered (free) as a member to be allowed access. We sent our details to the email address given but haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone else had a reply about the membership? Maybe they are busy getting the place ready. Would be nice to see England beat Belgium down there on Thursday if they get it open!!
Hi. We have had the same experience. In fact I have sent two emails, and neither have been acknowledged. Hopefully, it will be good enough to turn up at the door once it’s open.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glaisboy
The Hoya pool is still empty so it’s not quite ready I think and I believe the restaurant with the multi national cuisine at the top the bank on the way to Las Colinas has some shrubs and a car park so it’s taking shape. What is happening ,if anything with golf club two ,any ideas
Non but that is not on our usual route out of Esuri so I have not seen it yet. Are you sure it is the Golf 2 clubhouse site when Fadesa got in trouble they changed the clubhouse arrangements so that the original location inside the Barcelona Hotel moved to, first the temporary clubhouse on the driving range, then the current site for both courses. For a time the temporary club house was dismantled and moved to the Golf 2 car park but the planning may have been changed with the Ayuntamiento so who knows! Also the original gas plant was down there next to the car park and when Town mains was connected as well that site was abandoned could it be there that they are clearing up for possible housing?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry

Hi. We have had the same experience. In fact I have sent two emails, and neither have been acknowledged. Hopefully, it will be good enough to turn up at the door once it’s open.
I emailed again and received an apology. They have been very busy and not able to answer everyone unless a specific question was asked. They have had applications for membership from over 300 people and couldn't answer everyone. I was told that the membership cards would be ready for collection once they were open. Lets hope a good proportion of the members become customers. Kath

Last edited by Kath Las Colinas; Jun 27th 2018 at 6:50 pm. Reason: Forgot something
Old Jun 28th 2018, 5:21 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
I emailed again and received an apology. They have been very busy and not able to answer everyone unless a specific question was asked. They have had applications for membership from over 300 people and couldn't answer everyone. I was told that the membership cards would be ready for collection once they were open. Lets hope a good proportion of the members become customers. Kath
Isn't it great that THREE HUNDRED people have already applied for membership!!!

Before its even opened!

I always said there was a huge demand in CE for more options... also with a weak GC it makes it even more attractive. Then we have the new resto opening soon. In the 'old days' we had a shop, Jags and the GC and every time there was some sort of event (Brazilian dancing, singers quiz, bingo etc) the bars were full.

These days we have far more people here in CE, our car park is buzzing and will be full very soon.. so we have more people than before when we had more options.

I hope the 19H will sort out their problems and open soon, 'something' seems to be happening. I hope it will have a 'Spanish feel' - with a mixed menu. It would be good to bring the 2 major communities together a bit more. Like I said before we can get burgers, fish and chips, English Brekkie etc already in CE in the GC/shop.

Like EVERYTHING in Costa Esuri --- we have to be patient and wait for the admin to sort out even though it seems to take forever.

Same for the new resto. On the forum its called a 'fusion' resto, its become a nickname, but if they have one Thai dish - or an occasional Thai evening - that nickname works. I love Thai food so anytime we are here and there is a Thai evening we will be there. If there is a small selection of Thai food on the usual menu - even better!

We have a great change coming.... we will have to wait... but we are used to that. I am pretty sure the shop will remain the social centre of CE - for the Brits at least.

Jon
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 7:03 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear looks like there are more delays here. As I mentioned earlier 'don't hold your breath'

Rumours abound - but as ever - who really knows? A small few I would think.

I think we will be lucky to see it open even in 2 weeks time. I heard that membership has significantly grown past the 300 number mentioned previously. So there is a huge demand here and I hope everyone is pulling together to overcome whatever hurdles there are 'behind the scenes' to serve a very large community demand: This is across the whole of CE and maybe even further out.

Stunning really for me that in advance of opening there is such a huge demand.... and great news too. But as ever in this CE corner of the world... we have to be patient. All this lost business and jobs waiting means that the sooner it opens the better - for everyone

I wonder if the new so-called 'fusion resto' will actually open first.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 2nd 2018 at 7:07 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 8:33 am
Just Joined

elaleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning . .

that sound not so good . . If they not open really soon . . will be more difficult to survive the winter . .
As they make normaly the most money in summer . .

About the Fusion Resto . . looks also like there are some Problems . . The neighbours allready ask in town hall - they dont want a resto infront of the new house . .
And looks like that there are some papers missing . .

I hope the best for both
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Oh dear looks like there are more delays here. As I mentioned earlier 'don't hold your breath'

Rumours abound - but as ever - who really knows? A small few I would think.

I think we will be lucky to see it open even in 2 weeks time. I heard that membership has significantly grown past the 300 number mentioned previously. So there is a huge demand here and I hope everyone is pulling together to overcome whatever hurdles there are 'behind the scenes' to serve a very large community demand: This is across the whole of CE and maybe even further out.

Stunning really for me that in advance of opening there is such a huge demand.... and great news too. But as ever in this CE corner of the world... we have to be patient. All this lost business and jobs waiting means that the sooner it opens the better - for everyone

I wonder if the new so-called 'fusion resto' will actually open first.

Jon
Well it looks as though we will miss opening of both restaurants however the new one on the hill towards Colinas is pushing ahead. All permissions are in place and the steelwork for the huge pergola facing the bridge started last week and looks nearly complete. Fitout is also taking place and the projected opening is early August. Don’t know what or where the new “fusion” restaurant is but it is going to have to move very fast indeed to be ready before then!
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 4:26 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Well it looks as though we will miss opening of both restaurants however the new one on the hill towards Colinas is pushing ahead. All permissions are in place and the steelwork for the huge pergola facing the bridge started last week and looks nearly complete. Fitout is also taking place and the projected opening is early August. Don’t know what or where the new “fusion” restaurant is but it is going to have to move very fast indeed to be ready before then!
Hi John

I know you don't like the term 'fusion' resto.... and it may be incorrect, as you've mentioned - but its kind of become a 'nickname' for the new German owned resto - with the possibility of a Thai menu item - or a Thai evening. I for one will go to every Thai evening I can if the food is as good as you expect.

Shame that you will miss the opening of both - but lucky you as permanent residents you will have ample opportunity to try both!

We are invited to a Swiss villa with some Swiss friends in Portugal for the Swiss game tomorrow. They are going to make an authentic Swiss Raclette for afterwards...... HELL! I wont be able to make that as I have to hotfoot it after to the England game. Their raclettes are amazing.

Ive heard good feedback about the golf club on England games.... great atmosphere so I will go there. If you go and are there before me save me a place, please.

Jon
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

not sure how many of the about 3k people in Costa Esuri are calling than restaurant 'fusion'...
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:02 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bitmanev
not sure how many of the about 3k people in Costa Esuri are calling than restaurant 'fusion'...
Its the nickname that appeared on the forum when we first heard about it, way back, having an international ownership with the possibility of a Thai option. In the absence of an actual name. Not used by everybody of course.

Hey on here the Sabores de Beira has been called the 'bordello' ... Not used by everybody of course.

No big deal for me, as it gives the resto project a recognisable moniker.

On a more serious point, I hope the owners have ALL paperwork completed. The town hall (for example) haven't shown much allegiance to CE. I have a moniker for them too, unrepeatable on a forum !! Not used by everybody of course

We have had multiple experiences of problems delaying projects - admin mess-ups, incomplete planning, 'the system' here.... Etc Lets hope that after the huge investment they planned they also had the project fully pre-approved i.e the T's crossed, I's dotted etc.
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 3rd 2018 at 8:56 am.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 7:42 am
BE Positive

Lots of work going on at the 19H and rumours of a Friday night opening!!! 2 more days

Will finally believe it (though) when I have a drink in my hand on that great terrace....
Jon
Old Jul 12th 2018, 5:43 pm
BE Positive

This is possibly the weirdest post Ive done!!!

Im NOT in the know.... Or involved,,, I have absolutely no commercial interest in this business.

But lets just say if you are passing the 19hole = hoyo19.... tomorrow (Friday) at (Lets say ) 19:30 in the evening, you may find that it is the OPENING!!!!!

Maybe someone is pulling my plon*er. For years Ive been excited about new social busineses in CE. And Ive even invited friend to join us, but not a group! Just in case Ive been duped!!!

So if Ive been 'had' we carry on to town.

But if it is really opening . FANTASTIC NEWS and go past and STOP if it looks open have a drink on that great terrace, and welcome the new manager, Lolo to the new business.

Jon

Jon
Old Jul 13th 2018, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
This is possibly the weirdest post Ive done!!!

Im NOT in the know.... Or involved,,, I have absolutely no commercial interest in this business.

But lets just say if you are passing the 19hole = hoyo19.... tomorrow (Friday) at (Lets say ) 19:30 in the evening, you may find that it is the OPENING!!!!!

Maybe someone is pulling my plon*er. For years Ive been excited about new social busineses in CE. And Ive even invited friend to join us, but not a group! Just in case Ive been duped!!!

So if Ive been 'had' we carry on to town.

But if it is really opening . FANTASTIC NEWS and go past and STOP if it looks open have a drink on that great terrace, and welcome the new manager, Lolo to the new business.

Jon

Jon
Is this the same as the 'Restaurant Los Drago (Social Club) I found on google maps ?
Old Jul 13th 2018, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had an email from Adriano Varo saying it’s opening today. Fingers crossed. Let us know please
Old Jul 13th 2018, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Me too. 🤞

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.