Hoyo 19

Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoyo 19

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
That's great GW. I haven't bought from Amazon ES yet.

Do the pickup places show up as an option (in Spain) automatically on order please?

I may chat to Lolo / Adriana about this. If we could use their address and them as a c/o I'd be happy to pay a bit. e.g Jon-Bxl c/o Lolo + Adriana; 19h (address) etc etc. This way they aren't an official pickup point, but their address can be used. I often do the c/o thing as I spend xmas with close friends in the UK and in advance buy (from mainly Amazon or ebay) and send it to them and put it in the boot of the car for the return to Brussels. Stuff in the UK is often cheaper than on the continent.

Thanks
Jon
Normally when the item is dispatched you can track who the contractor is. With Cortez’s/fed ex I don’t think you can change anything. With ASR you change to the Drop shop as they call it. If it is Seur. say goodbye
Old Jul 18th 2018, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork

Normally when the item is dispatched you can track who the contractor is. With Cortez’s/fed ex I don’t think you can change anything. With ASR you change to the Drop shop as they call it. If it is Seur. say goodbye
I had SEUR c/o delivery, which after a couple of strange messages arrived safely only 24hours late. It's original despatch point was Dunstable !
Old Jul 20th 2018, 8:23 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GW

I think you may have misunderstood. I started this discussion a few weeks back when I explained the need for a drop off point - for apartment owners. And I suggested that 19H offer this service. Soyrosa, a villa owner, replied that they were looking into providing this.

So my question was not about tracking, which I would expect. It was about having the 19H as an automatic drop down option for delivery address when placing the order. If, for example, 19H is acceptable to Amazon/Fed ex and NOT acceptable to Seur.... then if FedEx is the courier, then 19H comes up as an option on ordering. If Seur is the courier - this doesn't come up on order.

Hence I suggested discussing with Lolo/Adriana the possibility of using their address with them as a C/O. This would negate the need to have an amazon+courier approved delivery point. I personally would pay, say 1eur for small packages more for bigger packages - if they could hold the package for me.

Of course if they pop us as an alternative delivery point, automatically on ordering, then there's nothing more to pay.

Jon
Old Jul 20th 2018, 8:31 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willcoxhouse
Morning campers,

Is Hoyo19 doing bike hires or is that just a day dream of wishful thinking?

Katie
Hi

Here are the bike hire prices as promised.

I also took a photo of the 'specials' that are included in addition to the standard menu - which you can see at 19H. So there is a mix of Spanish and UK food.

I haven't eaten there yet - but so far I have had a rave review of the Hamburger and also one of the Paella's (Chorizo + pollo) . This feedback was given without me specifically asking. Re Paella you'll need an appetite my friend said that the one for 2 could feed 3-4, so the paella for 1 would feed more than 1. I personally wouldn't have any problem asking if the two of us could share a single portion, but I understand that some would find that tricky

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 20th 2018 at 8:33 am.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

I have received an email from Hoyo19 which seem to indicate that it has been closed until further notice due to lack of the proper documentation. At least that is what I have understood from a Google Translation of the accompanying letter in Spanish. Has anyone any further information ?

This is the contents of the e-mail. The letter is too long to post here:

POR MOTIVOS AJENOS A NOSOTROS (MÁS DE DIEZ DENUNCIAS EN MENOS DE DOS SEMANAS), NOS VEMOS OBLIGADOS A CERRAR EL “CLUB SOCIAL HOYO 19” HASTA NUEVO AVISO.
DISCULPEN LAS MOLESTIAS Y GRACIAS POR CONFIAR EN NOSOTROS.ITADO
Old Jul 28th 2018, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Hoyo 19

Originally Posted by BobD
I have received an email from Hoyo19 which seem to indicate that it has been closed until further notice due to lack of the proper documentation. At least that is what I have understood from a Google Translation of the accompanying letter in Spanish. Has anyone any further information ?

This is the contents of the e-mail. The letter is too long to post here:

POR MOTIVOS AJENOS A NOSOTROS (MÁS DE DIEZ DENUNCIAS EN MENOS DE DOS SEMANAS), NOS VEMOS OBLIGADOS A CERRAR EL “CLUB SOCIAL HOYO 19” HASTA NUEVO AVISO.
DISCULPEN LAS MOLESTIAS Y GRACIAS POR CONFIAR EN NOSOTROS.ITADO
Hi Bob. Hole 19 was yesterday given 24 hours to close its doors, This was due to a denuncia ( Complaint ) by a neighbour. It won't be to difficult to work out which Neighbour. The bar closed at 11pm and the owner has no idea if he will be aloud to open again.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

How does the shop stay open! I think the Spanish is enchufe so I think the neighbour must also be up the Mayors anus!
Old Jul 28th 2018, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I have said all along about the shop, how des it manage to do what it does without complaint/closure. I feel sorry for anybody who has tried to make something work there, something that is more for the majority than the minority and has been subjected to the horrors that ensue. It is just so corrupt on so many levels.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:16 pm
BE Positive

OHMIGOSH!!!

Not again.

Before we point any fingers, I have to ask 'how can this happen again??'.... The 'neighbour' has views that we've all know about for years. I actually don't want to blame him for everything. Its too easy. And his successes show that he may have a point,

This problem was a known problem, the villa owners (including the neighbour - with his vote) did their best to have a clear road to the opening of the club, with multiple proposals. I would have thought that the 'legal package' was complete for the new managers, as long as they did their bit once they won their proposal. Lets face it, no-one who has been in CE for a few years would have submitted a proposal - without having an assurance that the path was clear to opening a business there (with whatever restrictions they needed to comply with).

In the end we had a 'winner' that Included private memberships etc to ensure a smooth opening. But it 'appears' that something wasn't fully completed ........and so there was a 'hole' in the paperwork.

Once again CE loses a wonderful place to spend time. Maybe it will be fixed soon, I hope so. I spent several wonderful moments there, with customers from UK/ESP. From the first nights opening (full terrace - yet no public announcement) ... to my last night when a friend and I went for a late goodbye drink..... and it was just Spanish, having a laugh. Fantastic.

I don't understand how this can happen... with a WELL KNOWN PROBLEM.

As ever the devil is in the details... and it seems that the details weren't fully covered. By somebody..... I don't know who.

Who loses? The whole of CE who want to go out for a day/night out........ (especially in the high season)

Something is wrong here and as much as I would like to point a finger at one person.... I wont. This was totally expected and so I would have hoped that there was a plan to overcome this known problem......... and I hope that there is a way to clear whatever obstacle(s) is/are in the way.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 28th 2018 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:35 pm
BE Positive

We have 2 concerns in the recent posts. 1) Shop and 2) 19H.

1) The shop continues to keep going and attracting a big crowd of people that enjoy time there. Ourselves included. It is currently the social centre of CE... Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater... they NEED to keep on going. Whatever is behind the scenes with them, or the problems with 19H.... as long as there is nothing terrible, we as customers need some options in this huge development!

2) we have a broken 19H. Lets fix that and let the commercial realities happen. I think there is room for all 4 (3=new resto, 4= GC) ).... maybe even more. In the end commercial rules will apply and the places that attract and keep customers happy will win**.

Jon

PS with proper business planning and a strategy for high/low season..... I think we can have more than 4 'winners'** But what do I know in this strange environment!!!! Very little"

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 28th 2018 at 1:44 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
OHMIGOSH!!!

Not again.

Before we point any fingers, I have to ask 'how can this happen again??'.... The 'neighbour' has views that we've all know about for years. I actually don't want to blame him for everything. Its too easy. And his successes show that he may have a point,

This problem was a known problem, the villa owners (including the neighbour - with his vote) did their best to have a clear road to the opening of the club, with multiple proposals. I would have thought that the 'legal package' was complete for the new managers, as long as they did their bit once they won their proposal. Lets face it, no-one who has been in CE for a few years would have submitted a proposal - without having an assurance that the path was clear to opening a business there (with whatever restrictions they needed to comply with).

In the end we had a 'winner' that Included private memberships etc to ensure a smooth opening. But it 'appears' that something wasn't fully completed ........and so there was a 'hole' in the paperwork.

Once again CE loses a wonderful place to spend time. Maybe it will be fixed soon, I hope so. I spent several wonderful moments there, with customers from UK/ESP. From the first nights opening (full terrace - yet no public announcement) ... to my last night when a friend and I went for a late goodbye drink..... and it was just Spanish, having a laugh. Fantastic.

I don't understand how this can happen... with a WELL KNOWN PROBLEM.

As ever the devil is in the details... and it seems that the details weren't fully covered. By somebody..... I don't know who.

Who loses? The whole of CE who want to go out for a day/night out........ (especially in the high season)

Something is wrong here and as much as I would like to point a finger at one person.... I wont. This was totally expected and so I would have hoped that there was a plan to overcome this known problem......... and I hope that there is a way to clear whatever obstacle(s) is/are in the way.

Jon
I am fairly certain the neighbour would not have a vote involving Hoyo 19. His place was a private build and not one of the ones which have part ownership of Hoyo 19
Old Jul 28th 2018, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I am fairly certain the neighbour would not have a vote involving Hoyo 19. His place was a private build and not one of the ones which have part ownership of Hoyo 19
Jon did mention Karaoke on the 24th. You remember last time it all centred on “live music” could it be this that was the trigger point? Timings about right but 11 complaints that is almost one a day since it reopened!
Old Jul 29th 2018, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Update with Lolo's permission.
there has been many complains against hoyo 19, starting before opening, while they were cleaning. Police has been called by certain person many times before and after Lolo opened. However it seems that this time was not just one person. 16 people complained in one night about Hoyo 19 hence he was given orders to shut it down until this mess is sorted.
many times has been posted in this forum how Esuri needs more services and yet 16 different people (allegedly) complained because he was providing services We all want and need. Shame on them.
I hope whoever denied Esuri of a nice place to go for a drink sleep well at night and I hope they enjoy the damage they've caused to the rest of Esuri.
Hopefully this is just a momentary issue and it will reopen shortly. If anyone wants to write to the council showing their support please feel free. Maybe we need to make clear Esuri wants the place reopened, same way some people that want it closed have been pressuring the council to close it down.

Last edited by soyrosa; Jul 29th 2018 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

willcoxhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the address and contact of who we write to and show our support. I've been so excited telling all my friends about the new place. It's our first year here. Was so looking forward to it. What a let down. :-(
Old Jul 30th 2018, 10:28 am
Idreamofjeanie

Idreamofjeanie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willcoxhouse
Does anyone know the address and contact of who we write to and show our support. I've been so excited telling all my friends about the new place. It's our first year here. Was so looking forward to it. What a let down. :-(
Yes totally agree. Our manzana backs on to the club and we haven't heard anything. If we allow the minority to spoil any local services CE so needs then we may as well not bother.
Does anyone know of a contact or address where we could write to, to demonstrate our frustration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.