Reload this Page >

House Insurance

House Insurance

Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Simon and Sara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Insurance

Hi Everyone

We have discovered that our Bank has not been paying for our House and Contents insurance. It was originially for a company called Mapfre and we where paying about 395 euros a year.
Has anyone any recommendations for insurance companies that speak English as we have limited Spanish when it comes to technical questions.

Thanks
Simon
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: House Insurance

Linea directa speak english and offer house insurance: https://www.lineadirecta.com/Recurso...insurance.html
Old Nov 5th 2015, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks will contact them.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi all

Many thanks to Luz Liver for the heads up, followed the link:-

https://www.lineadirecta.com/Recurso...insurance.html

And 30 seconds later received a phone call in perfect English and sorted out cover with no excess, higher cover and premium a good 90 euros less than Mapfre.

Highly recommended.

Many thanks Simon
Old Nov 6th 2015, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

You're very welcome, sounds like a good deal!
Old Nov 6th 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

We use Ibex Insurance. They provide a decent level of buildings and contents cover for our apartment for just 100 euros. http://www.ibexinsure.com
Old Nov 6th 2015, 11:27 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
We use Ibex Insurance. They provide a decent level of buildings and contents cover for our apartment for just 100 euros. http://www.ibexinsure.com
Intasure.com
Have been competitive for us these past 2 years
Old Dec 15th 2015, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

tessy20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm about 3 days away from purchasing a 2 bed apartment in esuri. Can someone confirm for me do I just need contents insurance? I've been advised that the building is insured and covered in yearly maintenance. Do I still need to get insurance for my bathroom suite and kitchen cabinets etc. In the UK these would come under building insurance? Thanks
Old Dec 15th 2015, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by tessy20
Hi
I'm about 3 days away from purchasing a 2 bed apartment in esuri. Can someone confirm for me do I just need contents insurance? I've been advised that the building is insured and covered in yearly maintenance. Do I still need to get insurance for my bathroom suite and kitchen cabinets etc. In the UK these would come under building insurance? Thanks
I was advised to take out buildings insurance as, for example if the flat above floods and your ceilings come down, you could have problems claiming from the upstairs neighbour. It doesn't cost much extra for the peace of mind
Old Dec 15th 2015, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

The common parts are covered by the building insurance. Your property has to be insured by yourself, including of course the contents.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
I was advised to take out buildings insurance as, for example if the flat above floods and your ceilings come down, you could have problems claiming from the upstairs neighbour. It doesn't cost much extra for the peace of mind
Whatever insurance you get you should ensure that it covers 3rd party risks The community insurance only covers the public areas of a condominium and the outside structure. If for example a fire or flood started in your property then damaged a neighbour's property your contents cover would not cover this nor would the community cover so you could end up with a big bill!!
Personally I insure with Intasure - I spoke to them on the phone and explained the circumstances and the property (they were quite familiar with the situation) and they have provided a contents+ policy which covers those 3rd party risks and also when/if I have visitors/paying guests/renters.
I would suggest that a personal contact to ensure you get the cover you need is a good idea.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

tessy20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the good advice.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be grateful if you could pm me with the outcome of what you did with the insurance. I need to sort mine soon. Rgds..... Keith
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

I am in the process of renewing the Insurance for my Apartment on Vista Esuri with Intasure, and came across a Clause I was unaware of, until now (HH940).
If the Apartment is left unoccupied for more than 48 Hours between December & February, the water must be turned off at the mains, or a minimum temperature of 15 degrees maintained.
I thought this a little onerous, but on checking one or two other providers, the ones I checked are even more onerous, (from November to March in one case).
In our case, this will mean turning off the Mains Supply in the cupboard at the Portal Entrance. I have tried to turn off the supply at the two inputs above the kitchen door, but these are of the fiddly screw type (not the wheel type), and they never seemed to stop all the flow anyway.We all know how Insurance Companies rush to pay out in the event of a claim (NOT), so it is just something to be aware of, and ignore at your peril.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by BobD
I am in the process of renewing the Insurance for my Apartment on Vista Esuri with Intasure, and came across a Clause I was unaware of, until now (HH940).
If the Apartment is left unoccupied for more than 48 Hours between December & February, the water must be turned off at the mains, or a minimum temperature of 15 degrees maintained.
I thought this a little onerous, but on checking one or two other providers, the ones I checked are even more onerous, (from November to March in one case).
In our case, this will mean turning off the Mains Supply in the cupboard at the Portal Entrance. I have tried to turn off the supply at the two inputs above the kitchen door, but these are of the fiddly screw type (not the wheel type), and they never seemed to stop all the flow anyway.We all know how Insurance Companies rush to pay out in the event of a claim (NOT), so it is just something to be aware of, and ignore at your peril.
That's useful info that I, for one, was unaware of. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.