Hey guys

Old Feb 26th 2017, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Debbie64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey guys

Hey guys I have just joined your group (ayamonte club) this is all new to me so would love as much help as you can give me .. l really have so many things I want to ask you guys .. but first off am coming over in a couple of weeks .. so what's the best way to travel from faro airport to costa esuri .. is there a taxi service and if so do they do round trips .. hope you can help thank Debbie.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 3:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey guys

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2017, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is a shuttle bus, shuttle direct or similar it was called. Google will find. There are also plenty of taxis doing the route. Or bus train ferry across to Ayamonte :-)
Old Feb 26th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Debbie64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I think there is a shuttle bus, shuttle direct or similar it was called. Google will find. There are also plenty of taxis doing the route. Or bus train ferry across to Ayamonte :-)
Thank you .. it's just that we want be landing till after 9 and wound think bus train and ferry would have stopped running but then .. last time we stay at esuri we got a cab cost just over €100 .. so was trying to see if there was a better cheaper way .. but thank you anyway
Old Feb 27th 2017, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

The best (and sometimes cheaper) way is a hire car from Faro airport - and then you have the benefit of transport while you're in Esuri otherwise you can rack up quite a bill for extra taxis into town etc. whilst you're here. There is a bus service at Esuri now.

There are a couple of transfer service providers which I think are around 60-70€ each way (cost effective for a group) - search for Bill & Claire on this forum.

You could try Home - Taxi Andalucia, although I believe they suspended their business for personal reasons during the winter and I don't know if they are back again.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:17 am
Where does the time go?

XFILES is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we have used Hoppa transfers this past year or so. Sometimes it's a taxi, other times a 7-8 seater MPV, with about 2 stops maximum.
We have emails off Hoppa, with up to 25% off your transfer. I have also used Voucher code sites. They can also offer up to 25% off.
Our total price, for 2 people, over to Ayamonte and the return to Faro airport usually comes to £73-£76 after discount. Hope this is of some help.
Regards, XFILES
Old Feb 27th 2017, 7:10 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Debbie64
Hey guys I have just joined your group (ayamonte club) this is all new to me so would love as much help as you can give me .. l really have so many things I want to ask you guys .. but first off am coming over in a couple of weeks .. so what's the best way to travel from faro airport to costa esuri .. is there a taxi service and if so do they do round trips .. hope you can help thank Debbie.

Hello - see link below:

https://www.shuttledirect.com/en/

I have used this service often but have no connection - commercial or otherwise

Their prices are reasonable and reflect whether you get a slightly more expensive direct door to door journey for your party only or ...
opt for sharing the trip if there are others going in the Ayamonte direction and get dropped off before you.

Sharing the journey with others at a cheaper price can mean that you have to wait for others coming in on a slightly later flight. Read the small print.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maccro
Hello - see link below:

https://www.shuttledirect.com/en/

I have used this service often but have no connection - commercial or otherwise

Their prices are reasonable and reflect whether you get a slightly more expensive direct door to door journey for your party only or ...

opt for sharing the trip if there are others going in the Ayamonte direction and get dropped off before you.
I see they offer several options

On the shared bus, what is the typical travel time 'Faro airport to Ayamonte', which option have you used or would go with as a senior - the regular low cost option or the 'speedy service'?

Last edited by not2old; Feb 27th 2017 at 9:49 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:22 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
I see they offer several options

On the shared bus, what is the typical travel time 'Faro airport to Ayamonte', which option have you used or would go with as a senior - the regular low cost option or the 'speedy service'?

I have used both options before. Speedy service uses the motorway and takes about 50 minutes to travel to Ayamonte. Also, allow 15 minutes at the airport to hand over your booking form and get your assigned driver. On the shared service price range, you could get lucky and there might be no other bookings travelling in the direction of Ayamonte. Thus, your journey times will be the same as outlined for speedy service. If sharing, your times depend on how far off the motorway you journey to drop off fellow travellers in Portugal before heading on to Ayamonte. Also, if they have luggage in the hold (and conveyor belt), it will be slower to get the combined party linked up with your driver at the airport.
Also, it can be better to avoid sharing on the return trip back to the airport because, the company aims to have you at the airport 2 hours before take off. Thus, if you have to pick up fellow travellers in Portugal, your pick up time could be dictated by their flight time not just your own. In summary, if arriving late at night or departing early in the morning, I would go speedy service. Hope this helps.
Regards Michael
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:03 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

maccro @ post #9, thank you