Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Butt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

Hi ! We're based in Tavira, and been trawling thru your restaurant recommendations, but can't see wood for the trees

We fancy Monday night popping across the border, and trying a traditional Spanish restaurant in Ayamonte.

Couple of recommendations appreciated, not too expensive, but good Spanish cuisine, and please easy directions !

Can reciprocate with any help for Tavira area !

Cheers, Butt
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

Hello Butt,

Mondays always catch me out as some restaurants in Ayamonte are closed.

For Andalucian cooking you can try (on Mondays) Restaurante Casa Luciano, more expensive perhaps, but a good reputation.

It is very near the Marina, across the Darsena bridge, along from the Zoo/Parque P. Navarro and opposite the Hotel Ayamonte Center (aka Don Diego). Parking available along the Paseo de la ribera and behind the restaurant.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Restaurante El Choco

C/Villa Real de San Antonio, 9

Good atmosphere. Typical food of Ayamonte. Easy direction. Parking avaible.

**I have no commercial connection with the restaurant.**
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
Restaurante El Choco

Not been personally but friends who have say it is very good. Free parking after 8 pm opposite on the Marina front
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Restaurante El Choco

I agree - fantastic fish - and they will show you the original it came from if you want to! But it is not tapas if that is what you want.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butt
Hi ! We're based in Tavira, and been trawling thru your restaurant recommendations, but can't see wood for the trees

We fancy Monday night popping across the border, and trying a traditional Spanish restaurant in Ayamonte.

Couple of recommendations appreciated, not too expensive, but good Spanish cuisine, and please easy directions !

Cheers, Butt
Iagree that EL CHOCO is a good choice for your requirements
I believe it is open on mondays but as you know most restaurants everwhere are quiete on Monday nights
enjoy your meal on this side of the border
IRLANDA
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Another place to try is the Bar Restaurante Casa Vicente on Calle Cristóbal Colón (pedestrian area, central Ayamonte). Have my doubts about a Monday opening, but for sure on Thursdays you can try a variety of Tuna specialities, especially el Atún Encebollado, a signature dish.

Found this page on the forum from a few years ago: ¡Hola marisol!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...97668&page=212

Carol
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by irlanda
Iagree that EL CHOCO is a good choice for your requirements
I believe it is open on mondays but as you know most restaurants everwhere are quiete on Monday nights
enjoy your meal on this side of the border
IRLANDA
To dine at this place,
You have to like grilled fish, white bland boiled potatoe and a big old slice of tasteless tomatoe on top of a lettuice leaf no veg and if you are lucky a bit of onion.
My OH does't like fish he chose the pork! it was too tough to eat. Left it and we went home.
Poor in our opinion.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: HELP - Ayamonte restaurant !

Originally Posted by Butt

Cheers, Butt
Well did you go last night? We did for the first time and it was just fine, Everybody in the party of 8 likes fish so thats not a problem for a restaurant called the Cuttle fish!

A great selection of fish except me and I went for the roast lamb knuckle (Lamb Henry? in UK). The two young children shared a paella and we all enjoyed our visit to what is a traditional Spanish Restaurant with a tapas bar 9/10.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Well did you go last night? We did for the first time and it was just fine, Everybody in the party of 8 likes fish so thats not a problem for a restaurant called the Cuttle fish!

A great selection of fish except me and I went for the roast lamb knuckle (Lamb Henry? in UK). The two young children shared a paella and we all enjoyed our visit to what is a traditional Spanish Restaurant with a tapas bar 9/10.
We love El Choco and have never been disappointed with anything we have ordered. I think the fact that so many Spanish eat there is a good sign. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeCol
We love El Choco and have never been disappointed with anything we have ordered. I think the fact that so many Spanish eat there is a good sign. Regards Bryony
Found El Chocco,and the Resto right next door both good quality,and have been on various nights,next door gets great reviews from most Spanish taxi drivers,as the best selection of Tapa's in town?. But have always enjoyed the food and service in both.

Ken.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Found El Chocco,and the Resto right next door both good quality,and have been on various nights,next door gets great reviews from most Spanish taxi drivers,as the best selection of Tapa's in town?. But have always enjoyed the food and service in both.

Ken.
We always enjoy both. Tasca Quitapema (the m should have a little squiggle, apparently) - aka the place next door - is always on our list as it is always full of Spanish. Really very good.

Steve
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Casa Vicente is closed on Mondays.

The restaurant is on the right of El Choco is called Quitapenas (with "n"). Pena in Spanish means sadness.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Casa Vicente is closed on Mondays.

The restaurant is on the right of El Choco is called Quitapenas (with "n"). Pena in Spanish means sadness.
Apologies. I must have misheard Pat's spelling of the name - thinking about it, it is only 'n's which have the squiggle. Actually I remember restaurants by their location and their meals; not their names.

Steve

Last edited by Steve and Pat; Jun 9th 2010 at 7:22 pm. Reason: keyboard can't spell
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Actually I remember restaurants by their location and their meals; not their names.

Steve
That's very clever!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.