Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Halloween in Isla Canela/Ayamonte

Halloween in Isla Canela/Ayamonte

Old Oct 8th 2019, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Matty42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Halloween in Isla Canela/Ayamonte

We are coming over to IC 24th Oct-2nd Nov with the kids and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Halloween activities in Ayamonte on the 31st? If so do the kids and adults get dressed up in costumes etc.

Salud!
Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Halloween in Isla Canela/Ayamonte

Hi, all the years that we lived there I didn't see anything Halloween related. It isn't really a Spanish thing but the following day is All Saints Day which is a national bank holiday there. It is the day they remember all the departed & take flowers to the cemeteries. Regards Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; Oct 9th 2019 at 8:27 am.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably 2/3 years ago I remember seeing Puerta Ancha having a temp extension full of cobwebs spiders etc. Adults and children being all dressed up. I also remember children guising when I lived in Balcon de Guadiana. I am sure I have seen shop windows also decorated.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

JanetBl is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally the Primary aged children dress up on the 31st October and play in La Plaza de la Laguna. There is not any organized activity in the town. The Secondary School pupils throw eggs at each other and at shop windows later on in the evening. There have been lots of complaints from the shop owners in the last few years but this tradition still continues.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 7:30 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JanetBl
Normally the Primary aged children dress up on the 31st October and play in La Plaza de la Laguna. There is not any organized activity in the town. The Secondary School pupils throw eggs at each other and at shop windows later on in the evening. There have been lots of complaints from the shop owners in the last few years but this tradition still continues.
Gosh I hope they wont throw eggs at us Brits, if we actually Brexit on that day !
Old Oct 14th 2019, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Matty42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to everyone for your feedback and help. One of my daughters wants to dress up whilst the other isn't that bothered. Either way I think we will head into Ayamonte on the 31st and use our best Spanish so that we do not get egged for Brexit!!

Salud!

Matt.
Old Nov 1st 2019, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

adec is an unknown quantity at this point

haha Matty42 please let us know if you got egged or not ... sounds like a fun tradition..