Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Guadiana Market (Esuri shop)

Guadiana Market (Esuri shop)

Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Guadiana Market (Esuri shop)

Originally Posted by Jur
I could also hold their hand while they cycle. Sorry but can´t provide for that, I do have a trailer to deliver bikes, but that´s it for now.

I think the idea of cycling down to the ferry and then cross over to Portugal makes for an excellent route and gives a bit of a break as well.
We have a bike rack for the back of the car,take them down to Canela, park up and off we go flat all the way to the Rui,bars and resto's for a drink,and even showers along the route to cool off,great fun.

Noticed on our last visit,lots more people out on bikes round Esuri,but can be very hilly,the hill up to the guadiana market from the roundabout is a killer,coulnd'nt speak for tens mins after peddling up there.

You could have cycle route's marked out with the degree of difficulty shown by colour?,.

Ken.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teed Up
We have a bike rack for the back of the car,take them down to Canela, park up and off we go flat all the way to the Rui,bars and resto's for a drink,and even showers along the route to cool off,great fun.

Noticed on our last visit,lots more people out on bikes round Esuri,but can be very hilly,the hill up to the guadiana market from the roundabout is a killer,coulnd'nt speak for tens mins after peddling up there.

You could have cycle route's marked out with the degree of difficulty shown by colour?,.

Ken.
Please let us know as soon as you have set up as I would like to pre book a bike for 2 weeks in august, brill idea as last year had to go to isla canella to pick up and drop off
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by char272
Please let us know as soon as you have set up as I would like to pre book a bike for 2 weeks in august, brill idea as last year had to go to isla canella to pick up and drop off
He delivers as well
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

And just for purely selfish reasons why not branch out into quad bikes as well, we could have done with some for the younger visitors a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharon B
And just for purely selfish reasons why not branch out into quad bikes as well, we could have done with some for the younger visitors a few weeks ago.
Good idea!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:13 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestions, I´m out of money now to buy anything else!

SharonB, Did you not try to contact Rumbosur or the other place I posted about? Just wondering if they´re operating yet and what they charge.

Opening my stand/stool/kiosk in Islantilla this Saturday....
(oooops, advertising!)
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Thanks for the suggestions, I´m out of money now to buy anything else!

SharonB, Did you not try to contact Rumbosur or the other place I posted about? Just wondering if they´re operating yet and what they charge.

Opening my stand/stool/kiosk in Islantilla this Saturday....
(oooops, advertising!)
No, too much hard work trying to find a new place with a car full of teenagers.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:44 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

How delightful... the roar of quad bikes... that will liven Esuri up..
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
Yes, and even better the deafening roar of jet skis down the Guadiana and the buzz of microlights overhead
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Scooters would be good too!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
Ooops I wasn't thinking to use on Esuri. We have hired them before in the winter to take to the beach. Bit of a hazard on the roads within a populated area.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ooops I wasn't thinking to use on Esuri. We have hired them before in the winter to take to the beach. Bit of a hazard on the roads within a populated area.
Is the bike hire available for the summer months?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:03 pm
Jur

Who did you hire them from, Would like to have a go in September....
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:03 pm
Jur

Is the bike hire available for the summer months?
PM on it´s way.........
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Sounds like the idea is good to go, just be careful someone else does not grab the idea.

Sue
Hi Jur

ANY new business idea for Esuri would be welcome, whether another resto/bar etc. or a new business like bikes.

As you know there are guided walking tours called striders and strollers that seem to be doing OK... so general bicycle hire with also some guided tours of some beautiful areas may be a good idea.. Especially if you can take people by car to the all the areas and natural parks surrounding us. Inland and on the coast in 2 countries.

I dont know however what the business plan would be relating to long periods in low season where you wont get a lot of customers.

Re the shop - run by a super guy called Jose Manuel and we really enjoy having a beer on the terrace there - its 2.25 for a big bottle 1 litre - cheaper than anywhere else (in a bar) and you often get a good crowd there, and great views. Also if people are prepared to pay a suplement to have the convenience of something local for the last minute stuff, and saving a trip into town.... why not?

Good luck, Jur if you decide on this venture - the more businesses on Esuri - the better!

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.