Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:04 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

I have no vested Interest, I am not trying to sell anything. Like many thousands I am prepared to wait rather than be panicked into buying something I may not need.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:09 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
I have no vested Interest, I am not trying to sell anything. Like many thousands I am prepared to wait rather than be panicked into buying something I may not need.
yes that is true ,but those that wait will have to pay a higher price and could wait weeks or months to get their tv reconnected ...when a man who owns 10 villas and is getting €3000 a week income loses his TV he will pay any sum to get the picture back ..and those who dont live in major urben areas could be waiting three or four months ...
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:15 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Your last post has just proved my point about your vested interest in panicking consumers.
In the rental sector you seem not to realise that the majority of guests now travel with tablets, Ipads etc etc and are more than capable of accessing TV.
All the property owner needs is a decent internet connection.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
Your last post has just proved my point about your vested interest in panicking consumers.
In the rental sector you seem not to realise that the majority of guests now travel with tablets, Ipads etc etc and are more than capable of accessing TV.
All the property owner needs is a decent internet connection.
so you rent a villa with a 60in flatscreen tv,and you are told sorry no British tv on that but if you know how to download a VPN (the tunnel of internet death !!)
into your ipad ,you might be able to get BBC ,but dont move around as you are steaming it wi.fi ....etc....etc ....
or
HI i am a richman sort out my TVs heres XXXXX dosh ....

and we also have a TV browser we offer as when the TV stops all those people will turn to FILMON (max customers 40,000) and VPNs and they will clog up overnight ....so no only will the Satellite service stop working ,but most people shortcut internet way of watching BBC/ITV ...

again you have been thinking about this subject for two days ...those of us in the tade for about 2 years ...
Old Jan 10th 2014, 11:08 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

let have some laughter.... My sat dish needs fixed..
Attached Thumbnails Goodbye Sky TV-154845_10151498114116214_1264360001_n.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
so you rent a villa with a 60in flatscreen tv,and you are told sorry no British tv on that but if you know how to download a VPN (the tunnel of internet death !!)
into your ipad ,you might be able to get BBC ,but dont move around as you are steaming it wi.fi ....etc....etc ....
or
HI i am a richman sort out my TVs heres XXXXX dosh ....

and we also have a TV browser we offer as when the TV stops all those people will turn to FILMON (max customers 40,000) and VPNs and they will clog up overnight ....so no only will the Satellite service stop working ,but most people shortcut internet way of watching BBC/ITV ...

again you have been thinking about this subject for two days ...those of us in the tade for about 2 years ...

Why is a VPN the tunnel of internet death?
Ive been using one for some considerable time now, and it's been very useful if you have the right one

Please .... stop mentioning what you offer
Your input is welcomed, but this isnt a sales pitch area
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:30 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

even you friend GUY has said that most brits in spain will need a 1.9m €1500 dish and thats his figures ,and mine are a lot less conservative then that ...none of this is guess work ...the footprints are there now to test
No. I do not recall saying ANY of that.

I have said that people in my area may get away with a 1m dish, may need a slightly larger dish, and others in other areas may need a larger dish - how large depends where exactly you are in Spain, and that we will only know when 2E is operational. Reception in Spain varies so much, I would not simply generalise by saying what you say I have said.

And that is not my figure for a 1.9m dish - don't think I have said anything about costs of a 1.9m dish...and especially not at 1500. I have said that 3000 for a 2.4m dish (that you mentioned) is over twice the price of the going rate of a 2.4m dish in my area. The going rate for a 1.8/9m dish supplied and installed in my area is approx. 650-750 euros. Go for a smaller 1m dish and the cost comes down a lot, more (to about 1 years IPTV subscription!)

Although the estimated signal footprint maps are available from SES - we cannot test 2E as it is not in position. And even then the footprint maps from SES do not give the whole picture...The 2F / 2E UK beam map shows only predicted coverage for people with a 45 and 60cm dish in the UK and north of France. It has no data for spain, or for people using larger dishes. Just because the maps do not show it, does not mean it is not there (which is how one or two IPTV sellers have been scaring people into thinking that there will be no signals at all in all of Spain - misrepresentation of the official SES signal map!). If they were accurate explain how I can get 2F on my 80cm dish - when the predicted map says I should not. The maps, are predicted maps, and will more than often vary from actual reception. And we cannot test 2Es actual reception, and how it differs from 2F, or how it comperes tot he footprint maps from SES until it is in position. unless you use 2Fs reception as an assumed 2E reception....

Last edited by The Guy; Jan 10th 2014 at 12:44 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy

I have said that people in my area may get away with a 1m dish, may need a slightly larger dish, and others in other areas may need a larger dish - how large depends where exactly you are in Spain, and that we will only know when 2E is operational. Reception in Spain varies so much, I would not simply generalise by saying what you say I have said.

And that is not my figure for a 1.9m dish - don't think I have said anything about costs of a 1.9m dish...and especially not at 1500. I have said that 3000 for a 2.4m dish (that you mentioned) is over twice the price of the going rate of a 2.4m dish in my area. The going rate for a 1.8/9m dish supplied and installed in my area is approx. 650-750 euros. Go for a smaller 1m dish and the cost comes down a lot, more (to about 1 years IPTV subscription!)

Although the estimated signal footprint maps are available from SES - we cannot test 2E as it is not in position. And even then the footprint maps from SES do not give the whole picture...The 2F / 2E UK beam map shows only predicted coverage for people with a 45 and 60cm dish in the UK and north of France. It has no data for spain, or for people using larger dishes. Just because the maps do not show it, does not mean it is not there (which is how one or two IPTV sellers have been scaring people into thinking that there will be no signals at all in all of Spain - misrepresentation of the official SES signal map!). If they were accurate explain how I can get 2F on my 80cm dish - when the predicted map says I should not. The maps, are predicted maps, and will more than often vary from actual reception. And we cannot test 2Es actual reception, and how it differs from 2F, or how it comperes tot he footprint maps from SES until it is in position. unless you use 2Fs reception as an assumed 2E reception....
I saw a 1Mtr dish the other day for 25€, Mine new fitted was 130€ , 1.4mtr is about 200-240 I was told.

Its a bit much to ask someone what they pay trade for such items here, so I would not do that, everyone I speak to is so obsessed with the price of things in Spain, never met so many tightwads, must be the town I am in !

The Guy, can you confirm if any of your customers have a 140cm dish and still getting the fiver and fiver and five USA, if it is a really good indicator then I might go ahead and have ours fitted ?

I know I keep asking the same questions but this news for me was a bit more encouraging, no ?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:03 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
The Guy, can you confirm if any of your customers have a 140cm dish and still getting the fiver and fiver and five USA, if it is a really good indicator then I might go ahead and have ours fitted ?
Like I have said I can get the fiver and fiver and five USA on my 80cm dish, so a 1.25 / 1.4m dish in my area works fine also.

Not 100% sure about you area, but a 1.25 / 1.4m dish is the recommended size by installers in your area for those channels you mention.

If you use the map BATty links to, that maps out peoples reception of 2Fs UK beam (that carries the fives), and you can get a good indication of what dishes are required where.

It also shows the old Astra 2D "black spot" for my area (Costa Blanca) that means we needed 1.8s and 2.4s has now, on 2F "shifted" to over Barcelona / Tarregona area. The 2d "Costa del Sol" side lobe, where they could previously use 1.25 / 1.4m dishes, has now "shifted" to the Costa Blanca with 2F... But then the "no signal" pins in the CdS are people using their current dishes (1.25/1.4m)...and not many have upgraded to a larger dish as they are waiting to see what happens with 2E.
So even using that as an indication, yes reception has been made harder in some areas, but, despite what he BBC say / have said about "reception becoming harder", in other areas s it has become easier than before.

Last edited by The Guy; Jan 10th 2014 at 1:06 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:05 pm
Banned

ok we will go with the ´´we are satellite installers and there are 50,000 spare dishs laying around and we are not going to put the price up to make a quick buck ´´ at €650/€750 and thank as i will quote that price when people ask me what the cost a large ugly dish taking over their garden is ...

instead of relying on a ´´diagram´´ its not a map .. from SES how about the REAL data collected in the last year of REAL DISHS in spain ....by an independent forum ..

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...9153,39.506836

btw there are 80,000 MAG250 boxes in germany waiting to go ..... with a monthly production level of 50,000 ...

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 10th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:13 pm

instead of relying on a ´´diagram´´ its not a map .. from SES how about the REAL data collected in the last year of REAL DISHS in spain ....by an independent forum ..

Yes, which shows how reception of 2F varies around Spain...despite what the SES predicted maps says (or what some people have mislead others into thinking what it says!).

And does show that some areas of Spain may not need a 1.8/9m dish - despite that you have quoted me as saying "that most brits in spain will need a 1.9m €1500 dish"

In fact I have some dishes referenced on that map!!!!! Even my 80cm dish is referenced on there!!!!!

btw there are 80,000 MAG250 boxes in germany waiting to go ..... with a monthly production level of 50,000 ...
And I have ordered 50,000 of them on the basis that someone on a forum said everyone in my service area will be losing all UK TV in my area and this is the only way you will get all you uk tv from February before anything concrete is known!!!

Last edited by The Guy; Jan 10th 2014 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Goodbye Sky TV

please read the posts ...´´any broadcaster has the right to SCRAMBLE its services for copyright purpose ....breaking that is a criminal offence ´´
mmmm what tsunami ???? even you friend GUY has said that most brits in spain will need a 1.9m €1500 dish and thats his figures ,and mine are a lot less conservative then that ...none of this is guess work ...the footprints are there now to test
5USA yes - good chance you can keep you normall dish
5USA No - get the €1500 for a dish bigger then a set of french windows ---

these are proven facts .... by members of the public to a non profit satellite group ...nowt to do with me

in Gibraltar and the algarve a €3000 2.4m dish dont work ...

If. The Guy is right and in his area the dish size has gone down to 80cm there could be a good second hand trade to be had in recycling the bigger dishes for resale to further south. Perhaps The Guy could operate this as a sidlne!
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:22 pm
Banned

it getting a bit one sided this ,you can quote prices you charge but i am not allowed to say what my prices are ... but anyway if we just go with the guy

can he tell me what he thinks is the cost of a ASTRA2F dish in Gibraltar or south portugal plus installation will be??
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
If. The Guy is right and in his area the dish size has gone down to 80cm there could be a good second hand trade to be had in recycling the bigger dishes for resale to further south. Perhaps The Guy could operate this as a sidlne!
Although I can receive good signals on my 80cm dish where I am, I would not install it to a client, opting for the slightly larger 90/100cm dish - gives a bit more leeway for the few days rain we have!

Already people in Barcelona / French Pyrenees are asking for supply of large dishes - preferring that over IPTV! And if needs be there could well be a trade of dishes from my area to the north and south....
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I can receive good signals on my 80cm dish where I am, I would not install it to a client, opting for the slightly larger 90/100cm dish - gives a bit more leeway for the few days rain we have!

Already people in Barcelona / French Pyrenees are asking for supply of large dishes - preferring that over IPTV! And if needs be there could well be a trade of dishes from my area to the north and south....
Cool, I will take the chance now, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.