Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:18 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Any I should have added, what affects Portugal south of the latitude of Lisbon will also affect those parts of Spain below it.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
blimy heart attack i almost half agree with you - first time ever

i am saying IF YOU CANT GET 5USA NOW ON YOUR DISH YOU AINT GOING TO GET BBC/ITV from 1/2 ...

BUT........AND ITS A BIG BUTT

IF YOU CAN GET 5USA it DONT MEAN YOU WILL STILL GET BBC/ITV from 1/2

because my ´´guess´´ is that 2E is a lot tighter then 2F (or 2G) it has a ´´magic uk spot beam´´

(i picked 5USA coz unlike 5 it aint elsewhere on 29e which might confuse people)

and you should know better - yes the E3000 is the same bus for 2E,F,G but they dont cover same frequency ranges some have west africa beams others ME beams .... i do belive that one of them has different solar panels then the other two

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...9153,39.506836
Yeah, it's a shame really
Luckily I know an awful lot of people who have benefited really well from Sats guidance and advice. Bloody good web site as well
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeah, it's a shame really
Luckily I know an awful lot of people who have benefited really well from Sats guidance and advice. Bloody good web site as well
Me too, he is a top Guy for sure !
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:01 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
BAT are you quoting the ruling that related to the transmission in the UK of Premier league football games from an unlicensed scource.
IF so t has already been overturned n the courts,
Or are you just another excuser of signal stealing for their own monetary benefit.
errr - ECJ is highest court in europa - thats it ...no one can ´´overturn it ´´
bit silly even saying that ????

1.its not ´´in the uk ´´ ECJ judgements are for the whole of europa
2. the ruling is what the ruling says - please read it carefully

ECJ C-403/08 and C-429/08 stated the following
´´a system of exclusive licences is also contrary to European Union
competition law
if the licence agreements prohibit the supply of (decoder cards) to television
viewers who wish to watch the broadcasts outside the Member State for which the licence
is granted
. ´´

´´national legislation which
prohibits the import, sale or use of foreign (decoder cards)is contrary to the freedom to
provide services and cannot be justified ´´
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Do you mean there is a live indicator (C5 USA) now on whether you can get future Sat or not ?
5USA is on 2F UK SPOT BEAM ...from 1/2/14 all the BBC/ITV will move to 2E UK SPOT BEAM ... which i say is tighter others say its the same

we IPTV people (and anyone in the trade who wants to ) have know this over a year ...what we didnt have until SES told us on 11/12 was date of changeover ..
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
Any I should have added, what affects Portugal south of the latitude of Lisbon will also affect those parts of Spain below it.
??
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

After watching some of the people being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning I am starting to think that losing Brit TV will not be so bad
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeCol
After watching some of the people being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning I am starting to think that losing Brit TV will not be so bad
ah BBC lose your breakfast TV

it really is terrible ,followed by BBC news and im said to say SKY news ...

i mostly watch EURONEWS for ´´news´´ followed by al jaz english ...

starting to remind me of the view screens on fahrenheit 451.....
or ´´the choco rations gone up ´´ in 1984 ..
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:47 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I am always wary of anyone who hides behind EU law to account for their actions.
The broadcaster owns the copywrite of their products and has every right to sue anyone who re broadcasts or allows access to their product for a fee.
Freesat and BBC via SKY are UK focussed and provided for FREE.
Charging for access ( IPTV ) is another matter.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amideislas
OK so you agree with me: as long as you have the right equipment, live in the right place, and have the right internet then all is good.

Unfortunately, this is Spain. Getting everything "right" is pretty rare here.

I'll stick with satellite, thank you. By the way, I have ALL UK tv, so please dont bother trying to sell me a upgrade for €1000, or another €39.95 per month internet tv package that doesnt work either.
Well you don't have any choice but to stick with satellite do you

By the way, I have never tried to sell you anything. I only recommend from personal experience and just for the record, Europa Network would be one of those companies, they provide an excellent service.

By the by the way, the average peek time download speed in Spain is 6.92Mbps (the European average is 7.23Mbps).

Last edited by Saxy; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:07 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
I am always wary of anyone who hides behind EU law to account for their actions.
The broadcaster owns the copywrite of their products and has every right to sue anyone who re broadcasts or allows access to their product for a fee.
Freesat and BBC via SKY are UK focussed and provided for FREE.
Charging for access ( IPTV ) is another matter.
all ´´eu´´ laws have to passed thought the ´´uk´´ parliament - so it is a law passed in ´´your´´ country ..this is very basic stuff ...

and eh... no any broadcaster has the right to SCRAMBLE its services for copyright purpose ....breaking that is a criminal offence
any service that is offered to ´´the public´´ is allowed to be rebroadcast...
and the ECJ ...THE HIGHEST COURT OF THE UK ..said you cant say only those in a part of europa can watch it ,not in others ....
do you think that we just started this without going into the law ....

what is illegal is to pre-load adverts ,like FILMON do
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Saxy
Well you don't have any choice but to stick with satellite do you

By the way, I have never tried to sell you anything. I only recommend from personal experience and just for the record, Europa Network would be one of those companies, they provide an excellent service.

By the by the way, the average peek time download speed in Spain is 6.92Mbps (the European average is 7.23Mbps).
i think people are missing the point a bit . its not a choice for a lot of people in apartments if to have a 1.9m dish on their balcony for €1500 or not
IPTV will be the only way for them to get UK PSB .... our worry in the trade is can we install 50,000 people overnight ????
and as for those with a complex dish,that needs upgrading,by time they are had meetings and sent emails back home ,a lot will have dropped out and get their IPTV boxes ...so not making it viable for the others ..

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:25 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:45 am
EMR
Banned

Typical salesmans talk, panic customers into buying something they may not need by suggesting a shortage.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:48 am
EMR
Banned

Bat are you saying that in almost very country there are networks that operate on subscriptions services are breaking the law.
Or are you just excusing those who steal signals that others have paid for ??
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
Bat are you saying that in almost very country there are networks that operate on subscriptions services are breaking the law.
Or are you just excusing those who steal signals that others have paid for ??
please read the posts ...´´any broadcaster has the right to SCRAMBLE its services for copyright purpose ....breaking that is a criminal offence ´´
mmmm what tsunami ???? even you friend GUY has said that most brits in spain will need a 1.9m €1500 dish and thats his figures ,and mine are a lot less conservative then that ...none of this is guess work ...the footprints are there now to test
5USA yes - good chance you can keep you normall dish
5USA No - get the €1500 for a dish bigger then a set of french windows ---

these are proven facts .... by members of the public to a non profit satellite group ...nowt to do with me

in Gibraltar and the algarve a €3000 2.4m dish dont work ...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...9153,39.506836

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.