GOLF & FOOD

Old Sep 28th 2015, 10:38 am
Just Joined

HARRY HILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up GOLF & FOOD

Hi

I am out to Esuri next week with 4 friends and looking to play some golf and have some good food (steak would be good ) and recommendations ??
Old Sep 28th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOLF & FOOD

Originally Posted by HARRY HILL
Hi

I am out to Esuri next week with 4 friends and looking to play some golf and have some good food (steak would be good ) and recommendations ??
Check out the Resto thread The Ayamonte Club - Page 2 - British Expats

Jon
Old Sep 29th 2015, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi

If you are asking about golf recommendations there is a thread somewhere so worth a search. My own experience of courses close by and in order of preference:-
Monte Rei- fabulous, testing and expensive!!
El Rompido - both north and south are good courses
Castro Marim - best to have a buggy but good fun to play
Quinta da Ria - nice layout, enjoyable and some great sea views.

Good steak on a stone at La Puerta Ancha in Laguna Square.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The best golf deal at the moment is at Quinto do Vale

You must book through Chris Truter not direct with QDV

1 or 2 people on a buggy inc golf is 40 euros in total but only on Saturdays
Old Sep 30th 2015, 6:03 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
If you are asking about golf recommendations there is a thread somewhere so worth a search. My own experience of courses close by and in order of preference:- Monte Rei- fabulous, testing and expensive!! El Rompido - both north and south are good courses Castro Marim - best to have a buggy but good fun to play Quinta da Ria - nice layout, enjoyable and some great sea views. Good steak on a stone at La Puerta Ancha in Laguna Square.
Here is a thread re the golf.. posted recently go to post 793 http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo.../#post11736254 Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 30th 2015 at 6:08 am.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

[QUOTE= Good steak on a stone at La Puerta Ancha in Laguna Square.[/QUOTE] An even better (IMHO) steak on the stone, can be had at Os Arcos in Villa Real, on the sea front opposite the Naval Association. An added attraction being TV's showing the football (usually).
Steve
Old Oct 4th 2015, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

You just put me right off trying that place out ... eating in front of the television is bad manners I was taught and I hate football. All the associated yelling and bad language you hear when passing a bar that is showing it is enough to put me off place that show sports. I like to eat my food in a quiet place with pleasant conversation :-) None of us are sports fans.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

I quite agree! Luckily it is a quite large restaurant, the TV's are off to one side and the volume is usually off. I'll put up with it for the steaks, which are huge and delicious. Never had a bad one yet.
Pat
Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

If you are asking about golf recommendations there is a thread somewhere so worth a search. My own experience of courses close by and in order of preference:-
Monte Rei- fabulous, testing and expensive!!
El Rompido - both north and south are good courses
Castro Marim - best to have a buggy but good fun to play
Quinta da Ria - nice layout, enjoyable and some great sea views.

Good steak on a stone at La Puerta Ancha in Laguna Square.
I didn't mention Costa Esuri as last time I played it, in May, I felt it was well off the pace of other courses in the region. I'd heard the new management were putting a lot of effort into bringing it up to standard, so kept my fingers crossed. Played it this week and what a difference 5 months have made. There has been, in my opinion, a significant improvement in fairways and bunkers. The clubhouse and terrace have been given a makeover and are far more comfortable, especially the terrace with its seating and awnings.
Congratulations to the H2O team and the greenkeeping staff.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: GOLF & FOOD

I didn't mention Costa Esuri as last time I played it, in May, I felt it was well off the pace of other courses in the region. I'd heard the new management were putting a lot of effort into bringing it up to standard, so kept my fingers crossed. Played it this week and what a difference 5 months have made. There has been, in my opinion, a significant improvement in fairways and bunkers. The clubhouse and terrace have been given a makeover and are far more comfortable, especially the terrace with its seating and awnings.
Congratulations to the H2O team and the greenkeeping staff.
You forgot to congratulate the winners of the keenly contested golf competition,you are too modest!!!
Old Oct 8th 2015, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
You forgot to congratulate the winners of the keenly contested golf competition,you are too modest!!!
I didn't think they needed reminding of the demolition job we did on the back nine partner
Old Oct 27th 2015, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Hi

So were did you choose to play, and what were your thoughts on the courses picked?.

We were over the 15th to 19th October and played:
Esuri
castro Marim
QDV
La Monacilla,
four great days and only paid 161 Euro, golf and buggies,
no complaints on any of the courses.

Ken.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
So were did you choose to play, and what were your thoughts on the courses picked?.

We were over the 15th to 19th October and played:
Esuri
castro Marim
QDV
La Monacilla,
four great days and only paid 161 Euro, golf and buggies,
no complaints on any of the courses.

Ken.
Better still where did you eat and most important where was your best steak?

John.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Better still where did you eat and most important where was your best steak?

John.
We stayed in Monte Gordo so Ate a Chinese one night, Italian the next night then the best curry on the last night, Lamb Bhuna spot on, didn't fancy a steak🏌🏌🏌
Old Oct 27th 2015, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
We stayed in Monte Gordo so Ate a Chinese one night, Italian the next night then the best curry on the last night, Lamb Bhuna spot on, didn't fancy a steak🏌🏌🏌
Which Indian?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.